elroypedro

Kenyan Drake 2019 Outlook

22 minutes ago, mattman444 said:

I have always been a believer in Drake's talent level, despite his criminally low usage the previous three seasons in Miami. He has been awfully efficient with his limited touches every year, even while always playing in a dumpster fire of an offense. His pass catching abilities are what stand out about him especially. I think that whatever team trades for him will be looking to add that aspect to their offense. He is in the final year of his deal and I can almost guarantee he is dealt before the October 30th deadline, likely sooner than later. The rumors are already swirling, the Dolphins should be able to get a 5th/6th rounder for him, and there is no reason to keep him, at least that I can think of. I believe when thinking about potential landing spots for him, we should be looking at teams that lack a pass catching threat or RB depth generally. Off the top of my head the Jags, Packers, Panthers, Redskins, Cowboys, and Falcons come to mind. He gave an interview yesterday and came across as a real team first kinda guy, which is admirable given the situation in Miami and could prove attractive to suitors

FWIW, I do not own any shares of Drake, but I like him as a potential buy-low and am willing to see how it all shakes out. Could prove to be valuable later in the season.

What's everybody think?

Out of the teams you named, none with the exception of the Skins, and possibly the Falcons give him any substantial value.

Am I wrong about this?  And what about the Bucs?  They would be perfect for Drake giving him the workload Drake owners are praying for.  

10 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

Out of the teams you named, none with the exception of the Skins, and possibly the Falcons give him any substantial value.

Am I wrong about this?  And what about the Bucs?  They would be perfect for Drake giving him the workload Drake owners are praying for.  

Im hoping the Bucs. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

Im hoping the Bucs. 

A guy who can't get on the field and constantly disappoints his fantasy owners for the same reason would fit right in with the Bucs' lot.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

A guy who can't get on the field and constantly disappoints his fantasy owners for the same reason would fit right in with the Bucs' lot.

Guess we'll just have to see. Hope he definitely goes there now to prove the naysayers wrong

15 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Jones/Henry owners checkin' their drawers right about now ... 🤔

All these situations don't see that great for drake imo.

Chargers- 4 headed monster

Titans- What role will he play? Lewis is the 3rd down back that is basically phased out, henry dominates snaps.

Packers- Already have a stud and a great backup.

49ers- Have 15 running backs who are good. 

2 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Titans- What role will he play? Lewis is the 3rd down back that is basically phased out, henry dominates snaps.

kid's obviously very talented ... amassing playmakers is never a bad thing for any offense. 

surprised the J-E-T-S JETSJETSJETS! aren't on the short list ... Gase loves the cat, amirite @DerrickHenrysCleats?

🎪

4 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

kid's obviously very talented ... amassing playmakers is never a bad thing for any offense. 

surprised the J-E-T-S JETSJETSJETS! aren't on the short list ... Gase loves the cat, amirite @DerrickHenrysCleats?

🎪

Hardy har har, El oh el.

Gase is a 🤡. Would not be surprised if he gave Darnold mono.

Seriously though I wouldn't mind Drake in Nashville with Derrick Henry. 

Lewis is in year 2 of a 3 year deal. I doubt Titans are pleased with his play, he was a product of the Patriots offense. Drake would complement Henry pretty well and would be a solid flex play. He would probably return punts and kicks for the Titans too, which helps in my leagues.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, dudewithabadcat said:

For Drake owners, I hope that you see him in a Packers or Chargers uniform.  That could be huge. 

how does this make sense for the packers? they have jones and williams.. 

if gordon doesn't come back for the chargers i can see it. i don't think ekeler can handle that workload long term

13 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Talent "Trump's" many things. Drake would be better than Jamal Williams and probably Aaron jones., He is a better pass blocker than both of them.

Chargers - he is better than Justin Jackson and would help lighten the load on ekeler, unless you think ekeler can handle almost 400 touches this season.

Titans, Drake would phase Lewis out and be the compliment to Henry they always wanted 

49'ers, Drake would be the best arB on that roster if he went there.

Good chance he returns punts and kicks wherever he goes too, which is another bonus.

2 minutes ago, avion16 said:

how does this make sense for the packers? they have jones and williams.. 

if gordon doesn't come back for the chargers i can see it. i don't think ekeler can handle that workload long term

Yeah. That is about all they have.  They need more depth. 

Atlanta would be the best landing spot though

Freeman not looking good. Drake could be great there. For only a 4tg or 5th rounder Atlanta should be all over that. Easy tevin Coleman replacement.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Atlanta would be the best landing spot though

Freeman not looking good. Drake could be great there. For only a 4tg or 5th rounder Atlanta should be all over that. Easy tevin Coleman replacement.

Totally agree. Surprised they're sleeping on it

• Like 2

re: the Chargers ...

wouldn't a trade to Miami be a final knock to the nutz from them to MGIII?

it's like getting banished to Bogieland ... amirite, TomTom?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, saucez said:

going to the chargers is a nail in the coffin for MG. The disrespect. 

son, i am very disappoint

📺

• Thanks 1

Send him to the Chiefs for the sake of multiple RW forum threads.

Edited by Magoo
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, Magoo said:

would break the innerwebz as we know it 😲

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Magoo said:

Oh man if he went to the Chiefs RW Forum would have to be shut-down for rest of season. But they already brought in McCoy so unlikely it happens.

1 minute ago, theSPANKER said:

Oh man if he went to the Chiefs RW Forum would have to be shut-down for rest of season. But they already brought in McCoy so unlikely it happens.

He would fit so good on the chiefs too. Perfect for their spread out offense.

McCoy 1 year deal

DWill 2nd year of a 3 year deal

Drake FA in 2020.

Some things make too much sense.

• Like 2

re: the Chiefs ...

i hear they're the most ardent suitor for Jalen  ... anyone think that may be keeping them out the running here?

(pun definitely intended)