urban2014

Josh Allen 2019 Outlook

Just now, Br0kenB said:

Don't play him this week.

I'm not. But, if he does well again this weekend it will give me even more confidence in him moving forward. As it stands, he's looking like a rock solid QB2 with QB1 upside in the right match up. 

12 minutes ago, The G Man said:

I'm not. But, if he does well again this weekend it will give me even more confidence in him moving forward. As it stands, he's looking like a rock solid QB2 with QB1 upside in the right match up. 

That is exactly how I would define him. And for an 11th round ADP or whatever it was, that is incredible. And who knows, maybe Josh can surprise us this weekend. But if they play the way they played in the second half the other day, we will get rolled like we always do. But you can just sense that we are getting closer.

I’ve got him or Winston at Rams as my 2nd QB in a 2QB league. Not sure I have much choice but to start Allen and hope. 

I certainly understand the pessimism in here about this week though. But I’m hoping for a rushing floor with Allen. 

Edited by gufomel
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Br0kenB said:

Don't play him this week.

But I'm a heavy favorite and I like the rushing floor

Hmm... decisions, decisions

Hate the matchup plus Kittle’s on a bye, so looking at punting this week and just taking the L so I can stock up on waiver wire pickups.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

Hate the matchup plus Kittle’s on a bye, so looking at punting this week and just taking the L so I can stock up on waiver wire pickups.

Wha?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, gufomel said:

I’ve got him or Winston at Rams as my 2nd QB in a 2QB league. Not sure I have much choice but to start Allen and hope. 

I certainly understand the pessimism in here about this week though. But I’m hoping for a rushing floor with Allen. 

I have those exact same 2 QB's and I'm rolling with Allen because I think his legs give him a higher floor.

I don't see why this is such a terrible matchup. He still has his legs, and they'll be losing which means all of the production will be up to Allen. Garbage time points count all the same in fantasy. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I don't see why this is such a terrible matchup. He still has his legs, and they'll be losing which means all of the production will be up to Allen. Garbage time points count all the same in fantasy. 

Not sure if you're aware, 2019 the NE defense might be its best yet.  They haven't allowed a TD this year.  

8 minutes ago, mjb said:

Not sure if you're aware, 2019 the NE defense might be its best yet.  They haven't allowed a TD this year.  

Not just this year - we're now four full games in a row without a TD going back to last year's Superbowl.

7 minutes ago, mjb said:

They have played the Dolphins, the Jets without a QB, and only the Steelers was maybe an impressive TD shutout.

Just now, Dalton Gang said:

They have played the Dolphins, the Jets without a QB, and only the Steelers was maybe an impressive TD shutout.

Yes without their superstars AB and Bell so we knew that O wasn't going to be close to what it was in the past.  

13 hours ago, mjb said:

I would say this, combined with the fact that Allen hasn't thrown multiple TDs in a game yet, makes for an easy sit

• Like 1

Sitting him for Goff this week.  Its the NFL so anything can happen, but if you have better options it's probably best to use them this week.  I say that as an Allen fan for fantasy.

he has upside and will probably need to throw or run a lot of catch up in scoring. NE defense is still yet to be tested by a legitimate team. I don't even count Miami and Jets to be a good judgement on how good there defense are. 

If you're a betting man, Bill's +7.5 is a sexy play. Both NEvsBUF games last season were fairly close. Improved Josh Allen and a confident 3-0 team will cover the spread and possibly upset. Pats have played 2 college level teams so far. I think Josh Allen shocks the world and pulls it off.

235 passing 2 TD 1 INT - 89 yards rushing 1 TD

4-0 Bills

• Like 1

1 hour ago, the1gq2nvy said:

he has upside and will probably need to throw or run a lot of catch up in scoring. NE defense is still yet to be tested by a legitimate team. I don't even count Miami and Jets to be a good judgement on how good there defense are. 

Taboot - the Patriots basically dominate the Steelers every single time they play them.  So that wasn't even a good sample set for this D.  I say that we all get a bit cray cray and play our boy Josh.  Pats are due to come down to earth and I would like it to happen this week for my fantasy team (Patriots fan here too). 

1 hour ago, jwilsonxo said:

If you're a betting man, Bill's +7.5 is a sexy play. Both NEvsBUF games last season were fairly close. Improved Josh Allen and a confident 3-0 team will cover the spread and possibly upset. Pats have played 2 college level teams so far. I think Josh Allen shocks the world and pulls it off.

235 passing 2 TD 1 INT - 89 yards rushing 1 TD

4-0 Bills

I like the optimism but I disagree. Pats are a nightmare matchup this year. Run d is elite, corners will slow down brown, and bill will scheme Allen like nobody else can. Even if they were cupcake matchups, literally nothing was done to the Patriots. Nothing- not even Conner and juju with Ben. Bills do not have the horses in this matchup nor this year, and the only way buffalo is putting up points is through Dawson Knox, field goals, defensive turnovers, and maybe Beasley in middle of field but even Patriots slot corner is elite. 

I need a boom this week. Next week at Titans is also a sloppy game, then bye...

25 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

I like the optimism but I disagree. Pats are a nightmare matchup this year. Run d is elite, corners will slow down brown, and bill will scheme Allen like nobody else can. Even if they were cupcake matchups, literally nothing was done to the Patriots. Nothing- not even Conner and juju with Ben. Bills do not have the horses in this matchup nor this year, and the only way buffalo is putting up points is through Dawson Knox, field goals, defensive turnovers, and maybe Beasley in middle of field but even Patriots slot corner is elite. 

I need a boom this week. Next week at Titans is also a sloppy game, then bye...

On paper you could say the Pats defense got a little worse. Last season Tom threw 1 TD in 2 games. Had 2 picks and had a game where he threw for 126 yards. I believe the game will be won on the defensive side of the ball for Buffalo in a tough divisional game. With Josh Allen using his legs to make for a decent day from a fantasy perspective. By no means am I implying he will throw for 350 yards. 

Anyone think Allen will be able to suit up next game?  Not sure if it was just a concussion of if other injuries came into play, but from what I've heard the hit was pretty brutal. 

16 minutes ago, cizastro said:

Anyone think Allen will be able to suit up next game?  Not sure if it was just a concussion of if other injuries came into play, but from what I've heard the hit was pretty brutal. 

It was a big hit straight to the head. He might have blacked out briefly. He seemed generally fine physically afterwards though - he jogged off the field and into the tunnel after his initial evaluation. It'll all depend on if he passes the concussion protocol.

Huge bills fan here. That awful game aside, Allen turnovers absolutely killed now only my fantasy team, but the bills. Brutal plays. I had the option of him or Winston and obviously chose wrong. The thinking was very similar to others, Allen has a rushing floor (which we even saw!), but man. However I think he had a great chance to score another touchdown if he didn’t get knocked out. As bad as he played, he’s got a knack for leading scoring drives late in games. 

Hope hes okay.

I think they would've come back and won the game if he hadn't gotten knocked out. The guy has brass balls and their D was manhandling the Pats. Often he seems to start slow with mistakes but instead of shrinking he makes plays and brings his team back. A shame he got hurt, it probably would've been an exciting finish

Edited by owenmills
  • Like 1