urban2014

Josh Allen 2019 Outlook

13 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

I expect Josh Allen to really pad his stats this weekend vs Miami, don't think they will let up on a division rival.

If Buffalo goes up multiple scores from the defense, as in 20+, you dont think Josh gets taken out in the 2nd half?

10 minutes ago, Gryfter said:

If Buffalo goes up multiple scores from the defense, as in 20+, you dont think Josh gets taken out in the 2nd half?

Virtually no chance.

His schedule moving forward is fantastic. Only bad week he's had was against the Pats and that wasn't unexpected. This week should really get him rolling. No concern of him not playing in a blowout. If he sits the final half of the 4th quarter it's cause he already put up 25-30. 

7 hours ago, Gryfter said:

Why, so Matt Barkley can let the Dolphins back in the game? 😂

• Haha 1

The only way he gets taken out in the second half is if they are up 40+ and it will be in the 4th quarter.

• Like 1

On 10/16/2019 at 11:05 AM, Gryfter said:

Likely run Gore/Singletary 2nd half.

1 hour ago, mjb said:

Likely run Gore/Singletary 2nd half.

Thats what I was thinking and if the defense scores also, there wont be a need for Allen to do much.

7 minutes ago, Gryfter said:

Thats what I was thinking and if the defense scores also, there wont be a need for Allen to do much.

I see a lot of people nervous about starting Allen due to the high likelihood of a blowout, but Miami has been blown out quite a bit so far this season and they are giving up more fantasy points to opposing QBs than any other defense in the league. 

Is it possible that Allen gets scripted out, or leaves the scoring to RBs and DST? Yes, of course. But the trend shows QBs having big time games against Miami and I think with a QB like Allen who can do work with his legs, he has a pretty safe floor to go along with a massive ceiling this week. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, SenatorSpaceman said:

I see a lot of people nervous about starting Allen due to the high likelihood of a blowout, but Miami has been blown out quite a bit so far this season and they are giving up more fantasy points to opposing QBs than any other defense in the league. 

Is it possible that Allen gets scripted out, or leaves the scoring to RBs and DST? Yes, of course. But the trend shows QBs having big time games against Miami and I think with a QB like Allen who can do work with his legs, he has a pretty safe floor to go along with a massive ceiling this week. 

Fair enough.

Its just so tough deciding between him and Murray.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gryfter said:

Fair enough.

Its just so tough deciding between him and Murray.

Feels like an impossible choice, I’m torn but rain in NY has me leaning JA in a freaking blowout. Not sure who scores the TD’s🤷‍♂️

10 hours ago, WayneFontes said:

Allen has a monster game in a surprisingly close contest.

You win. Who would have guessed the Dolphin would be competitive. After almost winning the game they bench Fitz for Rosen again. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 3FLi said:

You win. Who would have guessed the Dolphin would be competitive. After almost winning the game they bench Fitz for Rosen again. 

They did?  When?  Didn't see Fitz get benched.  

2 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

They did?  When?  Didn't see Fitz get benched.  

Not sure what he was watching, Rosen didn't get into the game lol.

• Haha 1

Dolphins ran too much clock on that opening drive in the 3rd quarter for him to do even more damage. 

I may be wrong, but he always seems way better in the 2nd half of games compared to the first (at least this season). 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jmiller21kg said:

Dolphins ran too much clock on that opening drive in the 3rd quarter for him to do even more damage. 

I may be wrong, but he always seems way better in the 2nd half of games compared to the first (at least this season). 

You're definitely right about him playing better in the second half of games. Been doing that all season. He missed Roberts wide open on a deep ball in this game when he over threw him. Eventually he's gonna start hitting those deep balls consistently and then you'll really start to see some blow up games passing wise for Allen.

31 minutes ago, mjb said:

Not sure what he was watching, Rosen didn't get into the game lol.

Pretty sure it was a joke since Dolphins are "tanking" and Fitz Magic got them too close to a win

• Thanks 1

can expect a good game next week vs. phillys d? i know they are better on the run but secondary very vulnerable.

8 minutes ago, brosephd said:

can expect a good game next week vs. phillys d? i know they are better on the run but secondary very vulnerable.

That's where FF managers must attack.  

Didn’t the Eagles get some players back in their secondary? Not sure who or if it matters. Anyone have any insight into if this matchup against the Eagles should be as good for passing numbers as it has all year?

He hasn't shown the ceiling I expected yet this year. Could be coming this week. He's still been decent but honestly just a hair better than a waiver streamer with a good matchup. 

2 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

He hasn't shown the ceiling I expected yet this year. Could be coming this week. He's still been decent but honestly just a hair better than a waiver streamer with a good matchup. 

this. 

man, i gots a feeling the Iggles "show up" on Sunday ... old axiom of always back the more desperate team and all - i think this one could be ugly for Josh & teh Bison 🤷‍♂️