urban2014

Josh Allen 2019 Outlook

1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

this. 

man, i gots a feeling the Iggles "show up" on Sunday ... old axiom of always back the more desperate team and all - i think this one could be ugly for Josh & teh Bison 🤷‍♂️

I hope the Eagles cornerbacks show up. They have been fantasy friendly! 

6 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

He hasn't shown the ceiling I expected yet this year. Could be coming this week. He's still been decent but honestly just a hair better than a waiver streamer with a good matchup. 

It does feel like he continues to be hyped up more and more each week despite not really seeming to improve (at least not for fantasy). Hope we don’t have a big bust week coming. But that’s probably just my pessimism speaking. He’s #5 for this week on FantasyPros, which seems crazy to me based on his production so far. 

1 minute ago, gufomel said:

It does feel like he continues to be hyped up more and more each week despite not really seeming to improve (at least not for fantasy). Hope we don’t have a big bust week coming. But that’s probably just my pessimism speaking. He’s #5 for this week on FantasyPros, which seems crazy to me based on his production so far. 

Yeah that's crazy for sure. The nice thing is his legs give him a pretty high floor. Not to mention you don't really have to worry about their RBs scoring. 

5 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

I hope the Eagles cornerbacks show up. They have been fantasy friendly! 

welp, Scandrick won't be showing up ... he was the sacrificial CUT in the wake of the Jerrrrruhh World Massacre 🧙‍♂️

Lesson learned the hard way, benching in great matchup. Hard rain, high winds. Insert Kyler💀..

• Like 1

Weather alert issued for Buffalo.   High wind warnings.  Sustained winds at 25 gusting to 50 mph until 6pm tomorrow (Sunday.)  Are you guys tempering expectations?  Benching?

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, BklynBlue said:

Weather alert issued for Buffalo.   High wind warnings.  Sustained winds at 25 gusting to 50 mph until 6pm tomorrow (Sunday.)  Are you guys tempering expectations?  Benching?

I thought his rush potential was the main reason we were starting him

• Like 2

This weather blows. But I don’t really have a choice in a 1QB, 1 Superflex league. 

even with this weather, his rushing ability and short passes alone should put him above some bench WRs. 
Hoping for a goal line TD carry too. 

• Like 1

Man, I’m sick of the weather ruining what should be perfectly good games from some of my best guys, like with Kittle last week. Next year I’m only drafting guys who play in domes, lol.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

Man, I’m sick of the weather ruining what should be perfectly good games from some of my best guys, like with Kittle last week. Next year I’m only drafting guys who play in domes, lol.

Yeah, like a QB who plays in a dome doesn’t play any road games.😏

3 hours ago, BklynBlue said:

If any QB could throw a ball through the eye of a hurricane it is Josh Allen.  No guarantees on where it lands though.

• Haha 3

I’m starting him. Still showing around 15 mph and possible light rain... not too worried and he is my best option. Eagles will still suck defensively 

2 hours ago, FritzLn said:

I thought his rush potential was the main reason we were starting him

No 30-40 rush yards, 1 passing TD, not enough..

14 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

I’m starting him. Still showing around 15 mph and possible light rain... not too worried and he is my best option. Eagles will still suck defensively 

Pretty much every weather service is showing 24+ mph winds with gusts in the 40-50 range if you look at the hourly forecast.  It's still 13 hours out, so things can change.

Between 2000 and 2018, in games with wind over 23mph the over hits only 15.7% of the time.

WIND ADVISORY
ISSUED: 7:47 PM OCT. 26, 2019 – NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE
...WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 10 AM TO 6 PM EDT
SUNDAY...

* WHAT...Southwest winds 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 50 mph
expected.

* WHERE...Niagara, Orleans, Monroe, Northern Erie (THAT IS BUFFALO), and Genesee
counties.

* WHEN...From 10 AM to 6 PM EDT Sunday.

* IMPACTS...Gusty winds could blow around unsecured objects.
Tree limbs could be blown down and a few power outages may
result.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

Use extra caution when driving, especially if operating a high
profile vehicle. Secure outdoor objects.
Edited by Iron-cock

1 hour ago, Lazarus said:

It’d be better than having Buffalo’s QB. Actually the best idea would be to target teams from the AFC South, NFC South, or NFC North, like the Saints, Falcons, Lions, Vikings, Texans, or Colts. Since two teams in each of those divisions have domes, you’d be guaranteed at least 9 games in a dome each year.

Currently the hourly forecast shows sustained winds at 25+ MPH with gusts hitting 40 MPH.  it's either him or Winston for me.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BklynBlue said:

Currently the hourly forecast shows sustained winds at 25+ MPH with gusts hitting 40 MPH.  it's either him or Winston for me.  

68 degrees, 2 mph wind, zero chance of rain in Nashville. 

wish Winston was an ootion for me ... he may turn it over a few times, but i can't see how he doesn't hit 300/2 (or 3) today 🤷‍♂️

dunno, man ... these slam dunks rarely work out as planned, though - gl either way. 

1 hour ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

68 degrees, 2 mph wind, zero chance of rain in Nashville. 

wish Winston was an ootion for me ... he may turn it over a few times, but i can't see how he doesn't hit 300/2 (or 3) today 🤷‍♂️

dunno, man ... these slam dunks rarely work out as planned, though - gl either way. 

Thanks brother.  Not to play the homer card, but I'm debating grabbing D. Jones.  He should be playing from behind most of this game and going against a weak secondary!

• Like 1

I live in New Jersey and we have almost  the same weather as buffalo. As of right now I hear a lot of wind and rain. 

I'm honestly not worried about his fantasy production being hampered too much by the weather, Allen is a solid fantasy play for his high rushing floor and hopefully a couple TDs through the air or on the ground.  He hasn't hit on many big plays this year so all the weather means is short passes and maybe some extra ground yards which is exactly what his fantasy numbers have been based on every other week 

9 hours ago, Lazarus said:

i was expecting atlanta to put up big numbers this year if you look at their schedule its like 13 dome games this year only 3 outdoors 

i have josh allen and john brown this is not a good week for bad weather