urban2014

Josh Allen 2019 Outlook

Try trading for Wentz on the cheap. Use Allen until he gets past CHI-bye-NE and then plug him in for the rest of the way. 

On 10/29/2019 at 6:10 PM, ludawg23 said:

His floor is nice but it hasn't had a blow up game yet and I'm not even sure it is coming.  Pretty safe yet boring option so far in fantasy.

Safe and boring is pretty much my goal in a FF QB. I spend capital/assets elsewhere as I'm pretty sure that (2018 Mahomes aside), the difference between QBs is much smaller than most other positions.

Quote:

The forecast for today's Redskins-Bills game calls for winds between 15 and 20 mph with gusts around 30 mph. It won't be as windy as it was last week, but this is still enough to give slight bumps down to the passing and kicking games. Hopefully you were already avoiding Washington's passing game (including Terry McLaurin) in rookie QB Dwayne Haskins' 1st start. QB Josh Allen and WR John Brown remain fine plays on the Buffalo side. We'd try not to use either K in this game.

I'm pretty surprised he hasn't had one big week yet. Granted this could've been one if they actually needed him to do something after the quick start. You figure a blow-up week has to be coming. 

3 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I'm pretty surprised he hasn't had one big week yet. Granted this could've been one if they actually needed him to do something after the quick start. You figure a blow-up week has to be coming. 

I think the defense is too good. Always running clock in the 4th instead of passing.

• Like 2

How do we feel about him this week @ Cleveland?  I've seen multiple "experts" predicting a top 10 finish again and there won't be any wind concerns this week to my knowledge.  Could this be the week he has his blowup game?

Just now, sjm76 said:

How do we feel about him this week @ Cleveland?  I've seen multiple "experts" predicting a top 10 finish again and there won't be any wind concerns this week to my knowledge.  Could this be the week he has his blowup game?

Benching for Carr tonight.  YOLO.

3 hours ago, cnewbykkn said:

Benching for Carr tonight.  YOLO.

Can't do it man. Sticking with JA this week. Think he will get at least 20FP, and that's a good floor for me. 

Good luck to you though bro. You got bigger stones than me!

12 hours ago, sjm76 said:

I have a feeling it is. We know he had it in him, quite surprising it hasn't come yet.

The only concern is if the Bills D makes Cleveland/Baker look terrible the offense may only need two TDs to take this one. 

I have a feeling his blow up games are coming in tougher matchups, when everyone will be jumping ship. They havent had to play from behind much(other than against the Eagles, wind was more hindering than expected). I might be riding this one out.

• Like 1

Ceiling 250/2, just not enough for a top 10 QB, no big games.

[...] Still love the guy, just wish he didn't turn the ball over so much.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

Players with more rushing TDs than Josh Allen (14!) since last season: Todd Gurley Derrick Henry Christian McCaffrey James Conner Aaron Jones Jordan Howard Alvin Kamara <end of list>

His floor is great, rushing with the chance of passing td and rushing td.

schedule gets tougher after wk13 though. should try to sell high on him now

from wk 13 @DAL, vs BAL, @PIT, @NE 

4 minutes ago, Toomuchsauce said:

Sell would mean drop. Only obsessed fantasy players like us have respected Allen all year..

Package Allen with a another piece for a upgrade at that position. Don't drop. Sell his coming MIA & DEN games to a QB needy team. There's gotta be one in a 12 man

2 hours ago, Toomuchsauce said:

Sell high😂? He hasn’t done anything🤔

• Like 2

2 hours ago, johnnyboy8102 said:

Using/holding this week vs Miami and then cutting. Has been a solid play virtually all season. 

Agreed, it's a shame the rest of his schedule is just brutal.

• Like 1