urban2014

Josh Allen 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

He could honestly do well against Dallas and Pitt(auto start this week obviously). I'm not as scared of those matchups like most are. I'm trying to upgrade at that position myself, but if I have to ride this out then so be it. If I make it to Week 16, I am absolutely trying to avoid him tbh. Anyone riding it out till then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Broncos132 said:

He could honestly do well against Dallas and Pitt(auto start this week obviously). I'm not as scared of those matchups like most are. I'm trying to upgrade at that position myself, but if I have to ride this out then so be it. If I make it to Week 16, I am absolutely trying to avoid him tbh. Anyone riding it out till then?

I've had him as my starting QB all year, but I was always going to spot start my 2nd QB for matchups down the stretch. I picked up Foles hoping he picks up his gunslinger ways. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Jimbalaya said:

I've had him as my starting QB all year, but I was always going to spot start my 2nd QB for matchups down the stretch. I picked up Foles hoping he picks up his gunslinger ways. 

I have Carr, but I'm not sure I would roll him out over Allen. I think Allen is better in rough matchups, with gamescripts similar to the Browns game. I guess we'll see

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Broncos132 said:

He could honestly do well against Dallas and Pitt(auto start this week obviously). I'm not as scared of those matchups like most are. I'm trying to upgrade at that position myself, but if I have to ride this out then so be it. If I make it to Week 16, I am absolutely trying to avoid him tbh. Anyone riding it out till then?

He's my #2 in a 2QB league and I'm riding him. I think even in subpar matchups he can produce with his legs so there's always upside

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No real blowup games, but he’s at least had a decent floor. Likely gonna roll with BDN Foles in the playoffs over him though. His playoff matchups are downright tasty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Allen has had a very steady floor and has been my starter on multiple playoff-bound teams since Buffalo's bye. However, I'm cutting bait after this week's game vs. Miami. His schedule ROS is an absolute nightmare. I was able to grab Brissett to replace him and am hoping that he can supply a similar floor upon Hilton's return. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think people here are getting a little too nervous with regards to Allen's matchups. Only one that truly scares me is New England in Week 16.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Evincar said:

I think people here are getting a little too nervous with regards to Allen's matchups. Only one that truly scares me is New England in Week 16.

From Week 12 to Week 16, Allen’s opponents are 3rd, 5th, 10th, 8th, and 1st against fantasy QBs respectively. Why roster him if you have any other reasonable option? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Evincar said:

I think people here are getting a little too nervous with regards to Allen's matchups. Only one that truly scares me is New England in Week 16.

Completely agree. Teams' rank vs QBs doesn't apply nearly as much to Allen because he's not getting fantasy points like a traditional QB. Hell he went for 25 last week with no passing TDs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There’s the game we’ve been waiting for. The Dolphins staying within striking distance was huge.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Say what you will in real life but he is pretty money in fantasy, especially 4 point passing TD leagues

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, owenmills said:

Say what you will in real life but he is pretty money in fantasy, especially 4 point passing TD leagues

In real life he looks vastly improved from last year, if he was in a bigger market he would be a media darling.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, owenmills said:

Say what you will in real life but he is pretty money in fantasy, especially 4 point passing TD leagues

im superflexing him in my 6 pt passing td league $$$$$$$$$

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used him this week to fill in for Wilson on the bye. Worked out great. Will have to look at match ups now to see if he might be a better start than Wilson. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, SkinThatSmokeWagon said:

Remaining schedule is rough after such a great game.

 

more rushing TDs incoming

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, SkinThatSmokeWagon said:

Remaining schedule is rough after such a great game.

 

 

The plan was to drop him after this week but with guys like Wentz, Goff, Brady not playing well and Stafford out we may have to keep running him out there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, johnnyboy8102 said:

 

The plan was to drop him after this week but with guys like Wentz, Goff, Brady not playing well and Stafford out we may have to keep running him out there. 



I'm still planning on rolling with Wentz, but I might try to hang on to Allen just in case.

I already locked up a bye so I really only need a QB for weeks 15 and 16 and Allen is @PIT and @NE those weeks. I can't imagine anyone starting him there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This guy is absolutely saving my season after a couple failed draft picks at QB.  With that said, looking at Denver's numbers against opposing QB, I am scared to death for next week.  Who is starting him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

This guy is absolutely saving my season after a couple failed draft picks at QB.  With that said, looking at Denver's numbers against opposing QB, I am scared to death for next week.  Who is starting him?

Cousins just torched the Broncos defense, albeit in the 2nd half of the contest. I think Allen presents a good enough floor with his rushing to start him again next week. Rolling him out there over Wentz, just can't trust Wentz right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only dud he’s had all year was against New England where he got hurt and also threw 3 interceptions but still got 11.72 fantasy points. He’s got one of the better floors at QB. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...