urban2014

Josh Allen 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, afl5013 said:

Ugh, Dallas has been pretty good against opposing QB (especially at home). 

Went with bum Carson Wentz over him last week and now I have to make the same decision again next week for the division. 

I think when evaluating how a team does defensively against QBs there needs to be a sub section to that i.e how do they perform against pocket QBs vs duel threat QBs. Some teams might be able to handle pocket QBs but get shredded by the dual threat QBs. Outside of facing their own QB in practice The Cowboys haven’t faced any duel threat QBs this season. Unless you count AROD, who by chance shredded them but he is mobile in the pocket.

• Like 1

Hard to say what his ceiling is but pretty consistent. Wish we knew if Dallas could be a shootout. Those are the games you want but Buffalo D hasn’t given up a lot of points.🤷‍♂️

11 hours ago, mjb said:

Hard to say what his ceiling is but pretty consistent. Wish we knew if Dallas could be a shootout. Those are the games you want but Buffalo D hasn’t given up a lot of points.🤷‍♂️

I can't see him going off against Dallas but he has such a high floor you could certainly do worse. Not a great matchup though IMO. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, rvtura23 said:

didn't driskel put up a lot of pts against dallas? and driskel is awful 

Similar playing styles they have as well, with both of their abilities to run. Could see Allen having a good day. He could maybe connect on some deep throws too. No cold weather, no wind with the game being indoors.

Edited by joebaker23

ROS schedule looks brutal. Looking to go Darnold (@Cin, MIA) the Daniel Jones (MIA, @Was)

Too cute? Allen's schedule has pretty much been a cake walk this year. I see a high percentage of pumpkin incoming.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, this guy right here said:

ROS schedule looks brutal. Looking to go Darnold (@Cin, MIA) the Daniel Jones (MIA, @Was)

Too cute? Allen's schedule has pretty much been a cake walk this year. I see a high percentage of pumpkin incoming.

I grabbed Jones from the waiver wire for insurance. This week could be the last week I play Allen. But he wants to WIN, and with using his feet, it often translates nicely to fantasy. Unfortunately, he is still turnover-prone.

1 hour ago, this guy right here said:

I own Allen in all my leagues but have picked up Jones for the playoff matchups, they are too juicy. 

I still think Allen puts up decent numbers in his matchups but I don’t see a high ceiling against any of Baltimore, Pittsburgh, or NE. 

1 hour ago, dropshadows said:

I grabbed Jones from the waiver wire for insurance. This week could be the last week I play Allen. But he wants to WIN, and with using his feet, it often translates nicely to fantasy. Unfortunately, he is still turnover-prone.

Don't get me wrong, he definitely was, but he has two turnovers in his last 6 games. He's improved dramatically in this area. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dropshadows said:

Like mentioned above, he is currently at 15 tds to 2 ints in the last six games. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Don't get me wrong, he definitely was, but he has two turnovers in his last 6 games. He's improved dramatically in this area. 

Wow, I didn't even realize he's been that clean. Aside from Philly where he lost a fumble, those opponents have been a piece of cake. It looks rocky ahead with Baltimore, Pittsburgh and New England on the horizon. But he can be that guy who can negate the loss from turnovers by 30-50 rush yards. TDs and yardage is another concern. You have to ask yourself if you're OK with 14 or 16pts.

Edited by dropshadows

4 hours ago, dropshadows said:

Wow, I didn't even realize he's been that clean. Aside from Philly where he lost a fumble, those opponents have been a piece of cake. It looks rocky ahead with Baltimore, Pittsburgh and New England on the horizon. But he can be that guy who can negate the loss from turnovers by 30-50 rush yards. TDs and yardage is another concern. You have to ask yourself if you're OK with 14 or 16pts.

Seeing as how he hasn't scored that low in a game he has finished this year, curious as to where you are getting those numbers? Denver is one of the toughest defenses against QB in fantasy (moreso than all those other defenses beside NE) and he scored 20.

Also out of curiosity, why are you commenting if you aren't even aware of his stats this year?

Yeah his floor was the NE game where he got hurt, and I really think we would've gotten at least a few more points out of him in that one had he not got hurt. So you're really looking at a floor so far this year of like 17. That's fantastic. The Baltimore game is the one that really concerns me. 

• Like 1

I've picked up both Tannehill and Wentz as i'm concerned about his playoff schedule, still might start him though - will probably use his performance against Dallas to decide.

I am impressed with Allen's floor. [...]

Been a solid WW pick-up.

Good luck All!

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Assistant Coach content

At New England in Week 16 probably has the greatest potential to get ugly, but if you’ve made it that far, then your roster is probably pretty strong elsewhere. Depending on how Baltimore finishes down the stretch, there’s also a chance the Pats may have clinched everything by then. Obviously we’ll have to temper our expectations and not expect a Miami blowup-type game, but if there’s one thing Allen’s had this year it’s been a consistently solid floor.

All the same struggles that I've had. If I okay him this week, probably last time since I have Darnold on Bench.

May start this week too

This team is just playing really well right now, and Allen’s consistency is a big part of it. Rushing yards and TDs to boot for fantasy.

Will I have the guts to start him in the fantasy playoffs vs Baltimore? That is the question. 

On 11/27/2019 at 7:25 PM, JStyles said:

I've picked up both Tannehill and Wentz as i'm concerned about his playoff schedule, still might start him though - will probably use his performance against Dallas to decide.

I picked up Tannehill as well. Similar playing style with a nice playoff schedule. Both have a nice floor due to their duel threat ability.

The way Allen has played as of late, it will be hard to bench him. 

24 minutes ago, gufomel said:

Will I have the guts to start him in the fantasy playoffs vs Baltimore? That is the question. 

At least the Bills will have 10 days off to prepare and the game is in Buffalo.

The game in New England in Week 16 is really the only must sit game for Allen.

Edited by Evincar

give him some respect, yall. hes a legit qb1 and his rushing potential makes him near matchup proof.

• Like 4