urban2014

Josh Allen 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, gufomel said:

This team is just playing really well right now, and Allen’s consistency is a big part of it. Rushing yards and TDs to boot for fantasy.

Will I have the guts to start him in the fantasy playoffs vs Baltimore? That is the question. 

 

Matchup proof QB1 in all formats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We all knew he had the legs but he’s looked much better as a passer this year and in his decision making. Glad he’s most likely my keeper next year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Josh asked Dak to hold his beer so he could show him what a real multi-dimensional QB looks like then finished it off with a Turkey leg by the Dallas star on national TV while Jerry buried his face in his hands and Garrett about to cry on the sidelines. 

Edited by esoomer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems better real life QB due to just a great defense. Think I’m going Kyler ROS, tough schedule for JA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, mjb said:

Seems better real life QB due to just a great defense. Think I’m going Kyler ROS, tough schedule for JA.

You're right, those clutch throws and amazing save on the fourth down were due to his defense. He didn't even score on a short field due to turnovers, but the defense also get credit for his two 80+ yard drives.

 

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, hoppychokes said:

You're right, those clutch throws and amazing save on the fourth down were due to his defense. He didn't even score on a short field due to turnovers, but the defense also get credit for his two 80+ yard drives.

 

giphy.gif

Just saying worse D means bigger games for Allen, great year for him and Buffalo.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's really amazing how much he's improved. That 4th and 1 play where he initially fumbled the snap and still plowed forward tells you all you need to know about him. He's a gamer. I know the Ravens and NE matchups aren't good on paper, but this one wasn't really either, and he'd showed up bigtime. He's a competitor, and guys like that generally find ways to produce. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BGDDYKWL said:

It's really amazing how much he's improved. That 4th and 1 play where he initially fumbled the snap and still plowed forward tells you all you need to know about him. He's a gamer. I know the Ravens and NE matchups aren't good on paper, but this one wasn't really either, and he'd showed up bigtime. He's a competitor, and guys like that generally find ways to produce. 

 

he's Roger Staubach incarnate 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

 

he's Roger Staubach incarnate 👍

 

Wow good comp. Hes plays alot like staubach except hes built like dick butkus. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stonej14 said:

 

Wow good comp. Hes plays alot like staubach except hes built like dick butkus. 

 

Roger is my all time favorite qb, and i doubt that'll ever change - so, yeah, sime 40 years exactly after his retirement i finally see a cat (Allen) who most remarkably mirrors Staubach. 

both wild and unrefined in the pocket at first ... spraying erratc passes, tossing picks ... the propensity to just tuck n' run if the first read was unavailable - all so similar.

but tough as nailz competitors - the final stat lines may not always be pretty, but they will grit out a win, or die trying - and their teammates rally around that, and have confidence that they're never out of a game as long as #12/#17 is standing. 

btw - for his era, Roger was one of the bigger QBs (6'3", 215)  ... so, in that sense, another similarity.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the first time in my life, ever, I am proud to be a Bills fan. Hope he wins you all some championships this year. I think that we will play well against every team we have left, though I do think Baltimore will beat us up pretty good. I just don't think any of these match ups are "bad." New England really is a bit over rated, Pitt and NY are both awful, and Baltimore is good but they can be beat on defense. I just think Josh will create points against most teams.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Allen keeps playing this well or better i wonder if this thread is going to become flooded with dudes desperate to tell us he has no longevity and he's destined to be injured or fade out in a few years etc etc like every Lamar Jackson discussion.

[...] 

Edited by tonycpsu
Nope.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Sartorialism said:

If Allen keeps playing this well or better i wonder if this thread is going to become flooded with dudes desperate to tell us he has no longevity and he's destined to be injured or fade out in a few years etc etc like every Lamar Jackson discussion.

[...] 

 

Doesnt have the same style of play, is bigger and will last longer than Jackson.

Edited by WayneFontes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Br0kenB said:

For the first time in my life, ever, I am proud to be a Bills fan. Hope he wins you all some championships this year. I think that we will play well against every team we have left, though I do think Baltimore will beat us up pretty good. I just don't think any of these match ups are "bad." New England really is a bit over rated, Pitt and NY are both awful, and Baltimore is good but they can be beat on defense. I just think Josh will create points against most teams.

Barkley nearly made a comeback against NE, I think Allen would have won that first game.

And agreed, I hated the McDermott hire when it happened and especially after that ridiculously dumb benching of Tyrod for Peterman but Allen has covered up those sins

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really love this guy but I don’t feel good about starting him vs Balt, Pitt, or NE. I dropped him in a somewhat shallow 12 team league. I recognize his floor and he’s totally balling out but he doesn’t have elite weapons or RBs and I  just feel more comfortable playing Tannehill and Nick Foles of the world vs easy D’s. John Brown is a nice WR but he’s their best skill player which really shows just how good Josh Allen has become. Imagine if they drafted DK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Br0kenB said:

For the first time in my life, ever, I am proud to be a Bills fan. Hope he wins you all some championships this year. I think that we will play well against every team we have left, though I do think Baltimore will beat us up pretty good. I just don't think any of these match ups are "bad." New England really is a bit over rated, Pitt and NY are both awful, and Baltimore is good but they can be beat on defense. I just think Josh will create points against most teams.

 

Hey, as fan of another team also on Lake Erie, I am happy for you guys.  Also happy to have Josh Allen on my roster.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love this guy, [...]

Now what do us Josh Allen owners do... tough matchup against Baltimore, but JA presents a good enough floor with his rushing to suffice starting him, even in tough matchups. What’re you guys thinking for this week and the weeks ahead?

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You could get cute and try to play a lesser QB with a better matchup. Maybe it would even work. I don't have any appealing options and I'm not rolling out some scrub with a juicy matchup over him in my 2QB league so I'm riding or dying with him to the end

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/27/2019 at 4:30 PM, hoppychokes said:

Seeing as how he hasn't scored that low in a game he has finished this year, curious as to where you are getting those numbers? Denver is one of the toughest defenses against QB in fantasy (moreso than all those other defenses beside NE) and he scored 20.

 

Also out of curiosity, why are you commenting if you aren't even aware of his stats this year?

 

Late reply, but I might as well to let you know I was literally reading the stats off of his game log on the ESPN app. Take a chill pill and don't be so quick to throw "why are you commenting" at me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/2/2019 at 9:25 AM, joebaker23 said:

Love this guy, [...]

Now what do us Josh Allen owners do... tough matchup against Baltimore, but JA presents a good enough floor with his rushing to suffice starting him, even in tough matchups. What’re you guys thinking for this week and the weeks ahead?

This guy has been great but I'd be lying if I wasn't worried about the upcoming match-ups.  BAL won't be easy and then @PIT and @NE.  Both of those are tough parks to play in.  I'd rather not overthink this (especially considering Allen is the 5th ranked QB) but I'm almost wondering if I should play a different QB.

 

His floor is solid with the rushing yards and that definitely helps, but these next 3 match-ups are all top 5 Defenses on the year. If you have other options are people making a switch.

 

I'm scared.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

has moved into top 3 MVP tier, imo ...

i think it is easily gonna go to Lamar, but there's a lot more foosball to be played.

so, Lamar as heavy fave, followed by St.Russel ... then Josh (i think he has moved past Watson, and CMC a distant fifth).

but ... if them Bisin knock off the RatBirds, and Josh shines out in doing so, then he merits at least to be in the convo with Lamar, as long of a shot as it may still be ... but it won't be dismissed as ludicrous folderol if the upset is sprung due to a monster game from Allen. 

hell of a year for this kid, happy to see him flourishing up there (it's NY's only legit professional tackle foosball club)  

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

has moved into top 3 MVP tier, imo ...

i think it is easily gonna go to Lamar, but there's a lot more foosball to be played.

so, Lamar as heavy fave, followed by St.Russel ... then Josh (i think he has moved past Watson, and CMC a distant fifth).

but ... if them Bisin knock off the RatBirds, and Josh shines out in doing so, then he merits at least to be in the convo with Lamar, as long of a shot as it may still be ... but it won't be dismissed as ludicrous folderol if the upset is sprung due to a monster game from Allen. 

hell of a year for this kid, happy to see him flourishing up there (it's NY's only legit professional tackle foosball club)  

 

He is absolutely a dark horse MVP candidate if he can knock off the Cowboys, Lamar and the Steelers in prime time the following week. That’s a helluva three weeks right there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, joebaker23 said:

He is absolutely a dark horse MVP candidate if he can knock off the Cowboys, Lamar and the Steelers in prime time the following week. That’s a helluva three weeks right there. 

 

he's up to it, no question. 

my money will be on this kid, literally 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...