urban2014

Josh Allen 2019 Outlook

I like josh allen a lot this season I think he'll have a solid 15-18 pts this week. just a matter if you need a solid floor or someone who can provide lots more upside

I'm worried about starting him this week. It is at home and his rushing ability help but ravens been shutting down teams with top QB last few weeks. Watson only scored 4 pts on them couple weeks ago.  Ravens also control time of possession almost every drive they take ends up going for a td so that doesn't help either. What options are you guys looking at ? I was thinking Fitz for a crucial must win week. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, the1gq2nvy said:

I'm worried about starting him this week. It is at home and his rushing ability help but ravens been shutting down teams with top QB last few weeks. Watson only scored 4 pts on them couple weeks ago.  Ravens also control time of possession almost every drive they take ends up going for a td so that doesn't help either. What options are you guys looking at ? I was thinking Fitz for a crucial must win week. 

Fitz has been rolling, and I don't mean this as a knock on Watson, but he can seem a bit lackadaisical at times. You don't see that with Allen. If he's struggling to complete balls he's gonna run, and run a lot. It's still a very bad matchup on paper but they're gonna be losing, which is gonna force Allen to do a lot, and generally that's a recipe for fantasy numbers for him. 

14 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Fitz has been rolling, and I don't mean this as a knock on Watson, but he can seem a bit lackadaisical at times. You don't see that with Allen. If he's struggling to complete balls he's gonna run, and run a lot. It's still a very bad matchup on paper but they're gonna be losing, which is gonna force Allen to do a lot, and generally that's a recipe for fantasy numbers for him. 

Totally agree...Watson has been underwhelming being a Hopkins fuller owner all year. In the last 6 weeks for fantasy points against ravens. It might be rough sledding for allen. You would think ravens lightening up opponents would equate to airing the ball out but Ravens do it ground and pound slowly so a lot of time gets taken off the clock on top of their top notch defense lately. 

• Russel Wilson: 14.34
  • Tom Brady: 13.40
  • Ryan Finley: 8.88
  • Deshaun Watson: 3.96
  • Jared Goff: 4.38
  • Jimmy G : 9.10
Edited by the1gq2nvy
  • Like 2

I’d say worst case scenario is 15 fantasy points for Allen. Even against the Pats defense which was on fire when he paid them, he threw three interceptions and missed a third of the game and still put up 12 points.

This is the biggest game for the Bills in the past 20 years, outside of the playoff game. Allen is going to show up and ball out. I'm not expecting 30+, but 2 TDs and a healthy amount of rushing and receiving yards.

10 days to prepare, at home, on a mild day. They're going to be ready.

• Like 3

On 12/5/2019 at 3:31 PM, the1gq2nvy said:

Totally agree...Watson has been underwhelming being a Hopkins fuller owner all year. In the last 6 weeks for fantasy points against ravens. It might be rough sledding for allen. You would think ravens lightening up opponents would equate to airing the ball out but Ravens do it ground and pound slowly so a lot of time gets taken off the clock on top of their top notch defense lately. 

• Russel Wilson: 14.34
  • Tom Brady: 13.40
  • Ryan Finley: 8.88
  • Deshaun Watson: 3.96
  • Jared Goff: 4.38
  • Jimmy G : 9.10

Thanks, incredible😂..

His pocket presence is concerning. If I manage to win this week I'm not sure I can trust him the rest of the playoffs.

Bills really need to get him a big receiver next year.  He was haunted by some bad drops by Singletary/Brown, but overall it was decent IRL but not enough for me to start with confidence ROS.

Showed a lot of improvement this season and minimized the mistakes. Cannot be jaws week 15 or 16 but will be a good late round qb again next season and a is a hold in dynasty. 

only options i have are Allen and Cousins (vs chargers), so gonna roll with Allen this week...don't have options on the wire like Tannehill, Brissett, Fitz, Minshew...let's go Josh!  Hope he rises above and delivers at least a solid statline

Edited by swetooth9