CrypTviLL

Dee Gordon 2019 Outlook

3rd/4th rd mondesi and peralta top 110 vs 3rd/4th rd khris davis/hoskins and dee top 110

you could make a case if that's where those players are going

Edited by colepenhagen

2 hours ago, Whizzinator said:

I don't play any BA leagues, but sure---he's more useful in those.   I still think 280 with 30 steals and big negatives in three cats is actually not that useful, however.  You're betting on the upside and at his age that may come through, but it's not a bet I'd make unless the price is quite low

Depends on the league, but in a 12 team roto 280 30 has definite value , and the deeper the league more so.

I totally get that 280 70 4 40 30 is not really worth a 100 pick. However, I believe are overemphasizing last years debacle, the PED suspension, and specifically how badly he burned someone taking a top 30 pick on him last year. 

Saying a full healthy season of Dee (just about to turn 31) results in 30 steals is illogical imo. There are more reasons to project 40+ than 30.

Edited by Magoo

If this guy only steals 30 he needs to score 90+ and hit .320 to hold true value.(which I dont think will happen) I've had him the last few years in a keeper league and last year was pretty bad for the cost. I wouldnt pay more than $5, if that, on him. 

Wow so much hate on this thread for dee. 

He already stole one base to start the season , seems like I’m one of the few on here who thinks he’s set for 40 stolen bases this year

I personally love dee this year , and so do my league mates apparently.

traded away my dee Gordon and ender for Lorenzo Cain , I couldn’t refuse that lol.

2 minutes ago, Simsanityy179 said:

Wow so much hate on this thread for dee. 

He already stole one base to start the season , seems like I’m one of the few on here who thinks he’s set for 40 stolen bases this year

I personally love dee this year , and so do my league mates apparently.

traded away my dee Gordon and ender for Lorenzo Cain , I couldn’t refuse that lol.

Had him on my team last year.  Stole bases like crazy in April.  Then he got hurt and was never the same rest of the way.  Just sayin. 

25 minutes ago, reichl555 said:

Had him on my team last year.  Stole bases like crazy in April.  Then he got hurt and was never the same rest of the way.  Just sayin. 

Yeah I totally understand his fantasy floor is concerning but when u consider the upside and his position eligibility after pick 100 , it seems like great value and a good gamble to me. If he falls past 120 he’s a must draft

Your league leader in steals. Stay healthy my easy profit friend!

Please let everyone in this group who doubted you eat their words Flash Gordon!

Edited by The_Real_Deal
  • Thanks 1

Why is Gordon batting ninth all the time? Mallex Smith has been terrible for the M's, and you'd think they'd want a veteran at the top of the lineup showing Smith how it's done. Anyone with any info on why the M's have Gordon so low in the order?

On 4/20/2019 at 9:20 PM, Bodhizefa said:

Why is Gordon batting ninth all the time? Mallex Smith has been terrible for the M's, and you'd think they'd want a veteran at the top of the lineup showing Smith how it's done. Anyone with any info on why the M's have Gordon so low in the order?

Well Smith is gone so unless Haniger leading off is a permanent thing he should be leadoff at least half the time (was on Sunday)

Giddy up.

came here to see any chatter on the injury...holding my breath.. [...]

Lets hope that this is not a long term injury!

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

Fri, May 10

Dee Gordon (wrist) is absent from the Mariners' lineup Friday.

Advice: The good news is that all tests on Gordon's right wrist came back clean and he will avoid the injured list, at least for now. Tim Beckham is playing second base Friday.

Sigh of relief...:wub:

Edited by Biig_Pressure21
Forgot to add

welp this is worrisome. makes me feel like surgery might be in his future. you would think the wrist would be feeling better by now. 

Edited by Dirty Little Birdie

2 hours ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

welp this is worrisome. makes me feel like surgery might be in his future. you would think the wrist would be feeling better by now. 

Surgery for a bruised wrist? 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

It's a bruise bro.  Thank god you aren't a doctor...doing surgery on a bruise!  lol

• Haha 2

When a speed demon becomes a 30-base singles hitter.
Kinda like Hamilton, with a better BA.