KilloWertz

Trevor Bauer 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

Message added by tonycpsu

Not sure I'm brave enough to start him in this one.  Really needs wins and ratios which you would generally think a home game would provide for a pitcher of his caliber but he has just been so bad lately.  Probably one of those where he will blow up if you start him and lock them down if you don't.

Edited by AHF

4 minutes ago, AHF said:

Not sure I'm brave enough to start him in this one.  Really needs wins and ratios which you would generally think a home game would provide for a pitcher of his caliber but he has just been so bad lately.  Probably one of those where he will blow up if you start him and lock them down if you don't.

The Phils have been playing good ball, and with Nola pitching for Philly, the chances that Bauer get some run support goes down. Definitely a ballsy move starting Bauer.

Edited by MSkibisky

I'm not confident but I'm starting him.  Since going to CIN he's played lights-out at home and been an absolute trash heap dumpster fire on the road.  In fact, his line at Great American Ballpark (CIN stadium) is filthy: 3 GS, 21 IP, 31:6 K:BB, 1.71 ERA, 0.86 WHIP, .160 BAA.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AHF said:

2 hours ago, MSkibisky said:

The Phils have been playing good ball, and with Nola pitching for Philly, the chances that Bauer get some run support goes down. Definitely a ballsy move starting Bauer.

Sitting for me.  He may not help me win my playoff matchup this week, but I'm definitely not going to take the chance that he loses it for me.  With that said, he'll probably toss a gem tonight and I'll still be fine with it.  More confidence rolling him out there next week at SEA.

Obviously this guy is a drop, However, do we use him for the seattle matchup in the playoffs? Seattle's offense doesnt look good.

4 hours ago, David Aames said:

Obviously this guy is a drop, However, do we use him for the seattle matchup in the playoffs? Seattle's offense doesnt look good.

I am in a two week playoffs. I used him so damn it I am rolling him out against Seattle and oh boy....... and yippee me it’s shaping up as a two start pitcher next week, also Sunday @Arizona. No way am I drafting this guy in 2020. 

If you drop him you might get lucky and have your opponent start him against you. 

where do you guys see his ADP this year?

14 minutes ago, floppy said:

where do you guys see his ADP this year?

Currently it's around 80ish.  I actually think it drops closer to 100 as we get closer to draft season.  

• Like 1