SuperJoint

Jared Goff 2019 Outlook

15 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

And 12-team owners that actually watched the game will be uniformly dropping him

Drop him for who? I’m in a 12 team and the QBs on the wire are guys like Minshew, Flacco, Keenum, Trubisky...yeah, no thanks. 

Edited by Dexter75

1 minute ago, Dexter75 said:

Drop him for who? I’m in a 12 team and the QBs on the wire are guys like a Minshew, Flacco, Keenum, Trubisky...yeah, no thanks. 

Minshew was better today than Goff has been all season. I'd rather roll Dalton out there too against the Cardinals at home. If you don't have better options on your wire, don't worry about it because you'd have to be playing with a bunch of scrubs that are rostering 2 QBs. 

13 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Minshew was better today than Goff has been all season. I'd rather roll Dalton out there too against the Cardinals at home. If you don't have better options on your wire, don't worry about it because you'd have to be playing with a bunch of scrubs that are rostering 2 QBs. 

I think a lot of people roster two QBs. Always want to be set up for your bye. And unless you have the top tier guys, you usually want to play matchups between a couple QBs.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Yea, I dropped Baker and picked up Kyle Allen last week. You think Goff wasn’t that great? Try 4 points from Allen ha, Thankfully I didn’t even think about starting him. Yea, Goff hasn’t been great but we are only 4 games in and he’s ranked 12 ROS, considerably higher than the other QBs I mentioned, He has great weapons. The offense is bound to get going sooner than later. 

Edited by Dexter75

Just now, Dexter75 said:

Yea, I dropped Baker and picked up Kyle Allen last week. You think Goff wasn’t that great? Try 4 points from Allen ha, Thankfully I didn’t even think about starting him. Yea, Goff hasn’t been great but we are only 4 games in and he’s ranked 12 ROS, considerably higher than the other QBs I mentioned, 

I'm not sure how you're using ROS. Are you talking about, like, Yahoo! point projections? Lol. Dalton (per game, plays on MNF) and Minshew have both outscored him to date.

I hope the Rams realize Goff was a mistake and get someone in there that can actually benefit from Cooks, Kupp, Woods, Everett, Gurley etc. 

Goff is toast imo. He doesn't understand the game, doesn't understand NFL coverage. He thinks he's still playing in he Pac 12 I guess. He's clueless - he sucks.

I wouldn’t say he sucks, but he’s definitely struggling. If you still rank all the QBs (real life, not fantasy), he is still at worst in the middle of the group.

He didn’t help his team today, but it’s not like the defense did much better.

• Like 2

On 9/22/2019 at 9:23 PM, Heisenberg said:

In reality this guy commands a buttload of money. In fantasy his butt gets benched for Andy Dalton.

On 9/23/2019 at 5:16 AM, smeeze said:

Matchups matter for fantasy production. He's played CAR, NO & CLE. Not every QB can play against TB, MIA, WAS, NYG, etc. every week. In reality he's 3-0. 

bump

Edited by Heisenberg

2 hours ago, Heisenberg said:

On 9/22/2019 at 9:23 PM, Heisenberg said:

In reality this guy commands a buttload of money. In fantasy his butt gets benched for Andy Dalton.

bump

He still had a good fantasy day

• Like 1

10 hours ago, miasma16 said:

And 12-team owners that actually watched the game will be uniformly dropping him

For who? He clearly sucks, but he still threw for 500 yards and 2 TDs. Minshew, Mariotta, Flacco? I'll throw Goff out there for another week or so before them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, vthokie3 said:

The line is the biggest issue for this team. Can't establish the run which hurts Goff and the play action pass game. Not to mention teams are getting constant pressure which is leading to the turnovers. 

Thank god there are some people who still watch the games instead of boxscore/highlight watching. Goff has looked decent given the lack of a line and run game that he has had.

9 hours ago, SuperJoint said:

I hope the Rams realize Goff was a mistake and get someone in there that can actually benefit from Cooks, Kupp, Woods, Everett, Gurley etc. 

Goff is toast imo. He doesn't understand the game, doesn't understand NFL coverage. He thinks he's still playing in he Pac 12 I guess. He's clueless - he sucks.

How do you expect ANY quarterback to succeed when he gets pressured on every play and the defense has zero respect for a run game? People these days are too fantasy focused and look at the names at WR and just assume that he should be able to win, when it takes all 11 guys that are on the field. What Goff is doing with what he's given should be a positive, but people like you either jump to incorrect assumptions or just don't understand the game enough. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, afl5013 said:

Thank god there are some people who still watch the games instead of boxscore/highlight watching. Goff has looked decent given the lack of a line and run game that he has had.

How do you expect ANY quarterback to succeed when he gets pressured on every play and the defense has zero respect for a run game? People these days are too fantasy focused and look at the names at WR and just assume that he should be able to win, when it takes all 11 guys that are on the field. What Goff is doing with what he's given should be a positive, but people like you either jump to incorrect assumptions or just don't understand the game enough. 

Agree with you.  Goff still led an offense that put up over 500 yards and 40 points lol.  And he almost broke the NFL record for pass attempts in a game!  It's not like he was a complete slouch out there....Had a heck of a lot better week than Tom Brady, Dak Prescott and many other QB's.  From a fantasy perspective I just want fantasy points and he put those up yesterday.  Yeah, the turnovers weren't great but he definitely was under a lot of pressure as the Rams got away from their play action game.  He also just missed on a couple deeper passes that could've given him an even bigger stat line.

What baffles me with the Rams is not getting Henderson involved at all on offense.  I mean, I get the whole trying to keep Gurley fresh thing.  But why give Malcom Brown so much love?  That guy is clearly a JAG.  Why not get Henderson out there for some COP duties?  He's a kid that could be gamebreaker and add some juice to the offense IMO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You guys are hilarious. Goff threw for over 500 yards- he's obviously a great fantasy asset. And as for a real NFL player, how is he to blame for this loss? He produced 40 points! The defense gave up 55. You're supposed to win when you score 40 points. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, bigunreal said:

You guys are hilarious. Goff threw for over 500 yards- he's obviously a great fantasy asset. And as for a real NFL player, how is he to blame for this loss? He produced 40 points! The defense gave up 55. You're supposed to win when you score 40 points. 

He accounted for 32 of those points (one was a defensive TD) and he also accounted for 4 turnovers (one wasn't his fault). He definitely was partly to blame for the loss.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

Agree with you.  Goff still led an offense that put up over 500 yards and 40 points lol.  And he almost broke the NFL record for pass attempts in a game!  It's not like he was a complete slouch out there....Had a heck of a lot better week than Tom Brady, Dak Prescott and many other QB's.  From a fantasy perspective I just want fantasy points and he put those up yesterday.  Yeah, the turnovers weren't great but he definitely was under a lot of pressure as the Rams got away from their play action game.  He also just missed on a couple deeper passes that could've given him an even bigger stat line.

What baffles me with the Rams is not getting Henderson involved at all on offense.  I mean, I get the whole trying to keep Gurley fresh thing.  But why give Malcom Brown so much love?  That guy is clearly a JAG.  Why not get Henderson out there for some COP duties?  He's a kid that could be gamebreaker and add some juice to the offense IMO.

Yeah, I don;t care who shares the load with Gurley. I don't care if it's just Gurley. We need to run the ball 20-25 times a game regardless is who back there.

Without that, all of the play action passes mean nothing and defenses have free will to send a ton of guys directly at him.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bigunreal said:

He is a *serviceable* fantasy asset so far this year at best, who is, depending on your league, the 15th-17th ranked QB in points so far.  As for a real NFL player, he threw 3 bad interceptions, lost a fumble, and looked lost for a good majority of the game, so he is to blame for at least a portion of this loss. 

Edited by ralphg13

Anyone starting him TNF @ seattle? seems like a bad matchup, might have to use flacco or bridgewater.

8 hours ago, pdog109 said:

Anyone starting him TNF @ seattle? seems like a bad matchup, might have to use flacco or bridgewater.

I wouldn't recommend it, but the Rams do tend to come out firing after a loss. Feel like any range of outcomes could be possible. 

Don't really have a choice but to start him in my 12 team league this week, unless I want to scrape the bottom of the barrel for a replacement...

Good news is that the Rams have a lot to play for this week to climb back a top their division, and it does have potential for a shootout (hopefully not a defensive one for our sake).  Seahawks pass D has been less than stellar, despite some strides against the Cards.

Had a look at Goff's gamelogs vs. Seattle over the last 2 years:

November 11, 2018 - Week 10 - vs. SEA: 28/39, 318 yds, 2 TDs

October 7, 2018 - Week 5 - @ SEA: 23/32, 321 yds, 1 TD, 2 INTs, 2 FUMs

December 17, 2017 - Week 14 - @ SEA: 14/21, 120 yds, 2 TDs, 1 INT, 1 FUM ***42-7 blowout in the Rams favour, Goff didn't have to throw much

October 8, 2017 - Week 5 - vs SEA: 22/47, 288 yds, 2 INTs, 1 FMB

I won't bother with 2016 because that was under Jeff Fisher.

Some good, some bad. Mostly bad. But the Seahawks defense does not look like the defense we've seem even last year. I don't think we'll see the Rams blow them out so low volume shouldn't be too much of a concern. Tough one to call.

I'm having a hard time getting a read on how Seattle's defense is doing against QBs.  Just looking at the numbers, they've held to some pretty pedestrian fantasy days.  But look who they've played:

Dalton (actually had a great game by the numbers), Bridgewater (first start in years), Rudolph (first start ever), Murray (rookie on a bad team).

This one is gonna take some pondering...

Posted (edited)
On 9/30/2019 at 9:42 AM, bigunreal said:

You better have 500 yards if you attempt almost 70 passes. This was also his first good game of the season. I wouldnt call him a great fantasy asset yet, Brissett has been better than him lol.

Edited by Evincar

I'm rolling with him, my backup is Josh Allen and I don't want to pluck a trash ww QB as a one week rental.