SuperJoint

Jared Goff 2019 Outlook

21 hours ago, TrillaTrilla said:

Who likes him vs San Fran? That D is looking pretty nasty. 

Thinking about rolling with Minshew magic instead vs NO

Doing the exact same thing. Minshew has been pretty consistent so far with decent numbers. 

1 minute ago, Heizz said:

Starting Goff and SF dst.....

Hate both options but don’t have anything better.

Is this a recipe for disaster?

It just means if Goff is turning the ball over it won't kill you. I have two Rams players going and if they are not going bonkers then I'd imagine the SF D will be getting points. If they are going bonkers, then that's great news and I'll take low points from the D/ST. I'm hedging this week.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, TrillaTrilla said:

Who likes him vs San Fran? That D is looking pretty nasty. 

I've been going back and forth on how much I like Goff this week. Part of me is hard pressed to believe that this San Fran defense will play another game like they did at home on MNF against a team in disarray, but damn did they look good. If they get pressure like they did on Monday, Goff could crumble. My only other option is Rivers though, and he's coming off an atrocious fantasy day and has a weirdly unappealing matchup with Pitt. 

Ultimately, Goff has the better weapons and plays on a team more committed to throwing. He's been at least serviceable in fantasy every week outside of Week 1. I think I'm going to take my chances with him against the Niners. 

Edited by SenatorSpaceman
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, SenatorSpaceman said:

I've been going back and forth on how much I like Goff this week. Part of me is hard pressed to believe that this San Fran defense will play another game like they did at home on MNF against a team in disarray, but damn did they look good. If they get pressure like they did on Monday, Goff could crumble. My only other option is Rivers though, and he's coming off an atrocious fantasy day and has a weirdly unappealing matchup with Pitt. 

Ultimately, Goff has the better weapons and plays on a team more committed to throwing. He's been at least serviceable in fantasy every week outside of Week 1. I think I'm going to take my chances with him against the Niners. 

Nick Bosa is the real deal. He's transformed that defense the way Mack has done for the Bears. 49ers are the the #2 ranked defense right now and that's with already having a bye week. That Niners run game also keeps them fresh.

Edited by bigbluecrew56

On the plus side, they're at home this week coming off a mini-bye week having played last Thursday, and they're playing a team coming off a big MNF win. So, there could be some hangover effect for SF so to speak. He's got an emerging TE and a plethora of other weapons (assuming Cooks clears the concussion protocol). On the down side, yes...the 9ers D is legit and they will no doubt be putting a lot of pressure on Goff. I think unless you have better options you pretty much have to start him and hope for the best. I am. But, like I said...in as much as I simply don't have a better option this week. 

7 hours ago, Heizz said:

Starting Goff and SF dst.....

Hate both options but don’t have anything better.

Is this a recipe for disaster?

Depends whether or not you're favored.

As someone that owns SF D and dropped Goff (in a 10), the game could go either way. Goff was like 40 points better in QB Rating last year at home, so it's possible the Rams win in a rout.

2 minutes ago, Jrt80 said:

Im starting Famous Jameis over this fool.

CSB. Bet you regret it. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Jrt80 said:

Im starting Famous Jameis over this fool.

I'm doing the exact same thing.

27 minutes ago, Cleanface said:

Care to elaborate?  

Think Carolina pressures Jameis just like they did week 1. Rams are in a must win at home (where Goff tends to be better) with a banged up Gurley against the 49ers on a shorter week. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, afl5013 said:

Think Carolina pressures Jameis just like they did week 1. Rams are in a must win at home (where Goff tends to be better) with a banged up Gurley against the 49ers on a shorter week. 

You mention Carolina pressuring Jameis but not the better 49ers D-line against the Rams not so good o-line? The Rams O-line has not been playing that much better than the Browns and the 49ers D-line was feasting on them. Maybe they both suck lol. I think Winston has a better game than he did Week 2 because it was only his 2nd game in that offense, and he seems to have a much better grasp of it now.

Gurley being out could actually hurt the Rams because the 49ers aren't going to take the run as serious and pass rush like crazy. Bosa is the real deal.

Edited by WVFalcon
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, WVFalcon said:

You mention Carolina pressuring Jameis but not the better 49ers D-line against the Rams not so good o-line? The Rams O-line has not been playing that much better than the Browns and the 49ers D-line was feasting on them. Maybe they both suck lol. I think Winston has a better game than he did Week 2 because it was only his 2nd game in that offense, and he seems to have a much better grasp of it now.

Gurley being out could actually hurt the Rams because the 49ers aren't going to take the run as serious and pass rush like crazy. Bosa is the real deal.

I agree. I think in a do or die match up Goff is likely to die. I just think this is a low scoring game, something like 17-9 

10 hours ago, WVFalcon said:

Well that's why I don't have Goff as a top 5 QB this week. All I said was he was a better play than Jameis.

London games tend to be flukey too, so Jameis is even more unpredictable. I'd be fine with the guy who put up 19 and 20 at home so far this season in a must win. 

Starting Goff and Everett this week as I picked up Everett and dropped OJ Howard. 

Edited by Benziebbj

I have a good feeling bout this game but I can’t pull myself away from wentz. I think Goff does fairly well. The next nerd have faced cincy pitt and clev not that great of offenses. 

3 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

He fooled the Rams...lol 

Insane. Can't believe their front office didn't see this coming after the way he ended last year

On 9/30/2019 at 6:43 AM, yanksman said:

Yeah lets drop a guy who just threw for 500 yards. Seems smart.

source.gif

• Haha 7

2 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

source.gif

Perfect.....I couldn't have illustrated it any better.  😁

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

He fooled the Rams...lol 

Biggest thief in the NFL since Flacco. At least old Joe won his team a ring and didn’t put up 3 points in his Super Bowl appearance though. 🤷🏻‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Dislimb said:

Biggest thief in the NFL since Flacco. At least old Joe won his team a ring and didn’t put up 3 points in his Super Bowl appearance though. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Osweiler??

• Like 1

Just now, street sharks said:

Osweiler??

Touché.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1