SuperJoint

Jared Goff 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, CharlesCC2 said:

As ugly as it looks, he constantly had a defender in his face on even four man rushes.  The protection was horrible.  Not making excuses, but SF kind of amplifies any offensive deficiencies a team may have.  Not saying I'd trust him in general, but against Atlanta?  He's going from one end of the defensive matchup spectrum to the other.

I liked him as a QB2 in fantasy with QB1 upside even, so glad I didn't get him in our draft lol - their OL isn't all that's wrong but the main culprit IMO 

Hard to justify keeping this guy, even with two good upcoming match-ups. Bye week after that then at Pittsburgh then Chicago. Dropping for Josh Allen most likely. 

9 hours ago, CharlesCC2 said:

As ugly as it looks, he constantly had a defender in his face on even four man rushes.  The protection was horrible.  Not making excuses, but SF kind of amplifies any offensive deficiencies a team may have.  Not saying I'd trust him in general, but against Atlanta?  He's going from one end of the defensive matchup spectrum to the other.

This is so accurate. Unfortunately for fantasy purposes, it doesn't help him, but the Rams issues are far bigger than what he's doing. The guy gets hit on every play and then when he actually does get time, he's looking over his shoulder expecting to get drilled. 

I'll probably give him a shot against the Falcons, but this is not the same team as last year. Unless they make a trade for Trent Williams, Goff is going to be under pressure all season. 

Im new to the Goff party as I picked him up on waivers, but this is a must start matchup right? Falcons don't have a pass rush and have a terrible pass defense, Gurley is back, vegas predicting a high scoring game. 

Am I getting Minshewed again? Stacking Goff and Cooks has me nervous because they're both risky but this seems like a no brainer.

19 minutes ago, bangarrang said:

Im new to the Goff party as I picked him up on waivers, but this is a must start matchup right? Falcons don't have a pass rush and have a terrible pass defense, Gurley is back, vegas predicting a high scoring game. 

Am I getting Minshewed again? Stacking Goff and Cooks has me nervous because they're both risky but this seems like a no brainer.

spacer.png

dudes been so up and down this year, I have zero confidence week to week looking at his name in my lineup. This is probably as must start as it gets and if he ***** the bed again I’ll be booting him to the wire myself for Darnold or someone else that’s not Goff. 

will gladly retract that statement if he has a stellar game but I thought I was getting a draft day steal and he’s been a headache all season. 

Edited by fightmilk

Man this guy has been such a colossal disappointment this year.  He's killed me in the one league I own him.  He averaged 25ppg in this league last season and he has Cupp back.  I have no choice but to run him out today due to the matchup, but I'm not confident at all.  

1 minute ago, dicka24 said:

Man this guy has been such a colossal disappointment this year.  He's killed me in the one league I own him.  He averaged 25ppg in this league last season and he has Cupp back.  I have no choice but to run him out today due to the matchup, but I'm not confident at all.  

This matchup is gorgeous. I’m throwing him out there over matt Ryan lol. Let’s gooooo

Good day. Faces Cincy next week. Should be another good day but they may not have to pass much after the 1st half.

Sorry but this is driving me crazy -- all of the Rotoworld writers this week keep saying things like:

"...the legend of #HomeGoff will have a chance to get back on track..."

But, but, but, the Rams are playing in England!!!

I get its listed as the Rams are the home team, but come on guys, this is your job and your not even aware where the game is being played! And on top of it, you're recommending Goff as a start given the (incorrect) location of the game.

(I realize vs. Cincy is still a good match-up)

Edited by ExConn21
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ExConn21 said:

Sorry but this is driving me crazy -- all of the Rotoworld writers this week keep saying things like:

"...the legend of #HomeGoff will have a chance to get back on track..."

But, but, but, the Rams are playing in England!!!

I get its listed as the Rams are the home team, but come on guys, this is your job and your not even aware where the game is being played! And on top of it, you're recommending Goff as a start given the (incorrect) location of the game.

(I realize vs. Cincy is still a good match-up)

Had no idea. Thanks for pointing that out. 

Guess I'm still starting hi, but it does give some reason to be concerned. 

I like the matchup obviously but hate the player and the fact that they probably will run the ball a lot. Unfortunately I have to start him with LJax on bye. Somebody scooped up Tannehill who I think will be a better start than Goff this week.

Are we holding thru the bye? Schedule is really tough upcoming. Just doesnt feel right dropping a guy 96% owned. And no nobody will trade for him.

19 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Are we holding thru the bye? Schedule is really tough upcoming. Just doesnt feel right dropping a guy 96% owned. And no nobody will trade for him.

I dropped but had him and Ryan on bye at same time. Picked up minshew. 

Pencil me in as one who is happy to hold and see what happens. He absolutely helped me win in my 6 point TD/ QB league last week. The Rams are throwing the ball a ton (61%) and have the weapons to continue to do so. My starter is Wentz so I have to roll with the punches. No way I would consider some of the names being thrown out there over this guy. 

Not afraid of: 

Pit

Bal

Ari

Sea

Dal

Week 16 I bench him

Edited by Fantasy Gooroo

Are any of you Goff owners brave enough to start him this week? I personally don't feel good about it because Pittsburgh doesn't have a bad D and Pittsburgh is a pretty tough place to play,

1 minute ago, WVFalcon said:

Are any of you Goff owners brave enough to start him this week? I personally don't feel good about it because Pittsburgh doesn't have a bad D and Pittsburgh is a pretty tough place to play,

I am over Josh Allen. Feel like this game has shootout potential.

I don't want any part of Goff this week. Road Goff is already enough to scare most away, but Pitt might have one of the best defenses and pass rushes in the NFL. Also take into account they will likely be without Cooks this week.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

Goff is going to be brutalized against the Burgh this week. Start at your own peril. 

Don't like the match up, and Pitt is 4th in the league in sacks, so you know they're gonna put pressure on Goff. Dunno man, but just on face value I'm not feeling it this week. Would rather take Allen's floor over him I think. 

When everybody goes left, you go right. The Steelers defense isn’t impregnable.

46 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

If this game was in 2018....

There are options on the wire I rather start like: Carr, Rivers, Tannehill

Edited by Toomuchsauce

2 hours ago, The G Man said:

Don't like the match up, and Pitt is 4th in the league in sacks, so you know they're gonna put pressure on Goff. Dunno man, but just on face value I'm not feeling it this week. Would rather take Allen's floor over him I think. 

Please lol. Garbage backup Hoyer just threw 3 TDs against them on Sunday without their best WR playing and Fitzcraptrick threw 2 against them the week before. No one is scared of the Steelers pass D. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Brian Hoyer is also behind the best Oline in football. While the Rams oline are in the bottom 5. If you watch the MIA game Fitzmagic was not good vs PIT he had 4 sacks 2 int 2 td with 190 yds.

And not to mention the road split for Goff.

I was high on Goff too, drafted him in the 10th over guys like Russ, Lamar, and Kyler. I'll looking else where til wk 13

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Dexter75 said:

Please lol. Garbage backup Hoyer just threw 3 TDs against them on Sunday without their best WR playing and Fitzcraptrick threw 2 against them the week before. No one is scared of the Steelers pass D. 

They are #2 in takeaways #5 in sacks and #10 against the pass lol definitely cause enough havoc to wreck a game. Goff shouldn’t be in anyone’s lineup this week.