SuperJoint

Jared Goff 2019 Outlook

3 minutes ago, Flyers_28 said:

when did kupp go down ? i know he is back now but just returned after a major injury 

Week 10

Edited by miasma16
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, miasma16 said:

Coaches have had enough time to figure some of McVay's scheming out, so they're not going to set the league on fire anymore.

Teams have had enough time to figure out what Reid and Mahomes are doing, still setting the league on fire. In fact, Mahomes has been better this year and doesn’t even have his top WR. I’m a Rams fan but I have to admit that Goff is just an average QB who over-achieved for a little bit there, losing the threat of Gurley surely doesn’t help either. 

Edited by Dexter75
  • Like 1

Just now, Dexter75 said:

Teams have had enough time to figure out what Reid and Mahomes are doing, still setting the league on fire. In fact, Mahomes has been better this year and doesn’t even have his top WR. I’m a Rams fan but I have to admit that Goff is just an average QB who over-achieved for a little bit there, losing the threat of Gurley surely doesn’t help either. 

Yep, you're right. Mahomes is better than Goff, so Goff is an average quarterback.

Yeaaaa I'm out. Jumping ship. It was nice hanging with you guys in here. I'll see you guys in the other threads lol.

On 9/28/2019 at 10:02 AM, miasma16 said:

Yep, you're right. Mahomes is better than Goff, so Goff is an average quarterback.

Nice leap of logic there. Goff is just average, regardless of Mahomes' level. 

Just now, cs3 said:

Nice leap of logic there. Goff is just average, regardless of Mahomes' level. 

You might want to read that whole discussion again.

23 minutes ago, cashvillesent said:

jared goff is the best QB to come out of U of Cal, and there isnt a close 2nd

Aaron Rodgers???

• Like 2

Lots of yards, but also lots of turnovers. Not sure what to make of his performance today. The line isn’t what it used to be and Goff is basically like a Eli or Flacco where he isn’t athletic enough to get out of trouble when the pocket collapses on him.

• Like 1

Man, this guy is an absolute turnover machine this season. Any time there’s pressure, there seems to be a 50/50 chance he coughs it up.

This game was set up for a ceiling game and he still only put up a mediocre fantasy game. His turnovers were the reason why he threw so much and got so much yardage. Also didn’t help Gurley ran a couple in, but Goff simply doesn’t look how he did last season. I won’t drop, but you definitely can. Think you have to treat him as a QB2 on the road and a low end QB1 at home.

The line is the biggest issue for this team. Can't establish the run which hurts Goff and the play action pass game. Not to mention teams are getting constant pressure which is leading to the turnovers. 

8 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

The line is the biggest issue for this team. Can't establish the run which hurts Goff and the play action pass game. Not to mention teams are getting constant pressure which is leading to the turnovers. 

Good point, I keep forgetting how much better the line was last season

The line isn’t the worst, but Goff is a sitting duck back there when pressure comes. Most lines in the NFL suck but when most of the QBs are like Wilson or Rodgers they can get out of trouble. You can probably count on one hand the statue QBs and Goff is one of them. If the pocket collapses, he isn’t going to make many plays and get out of trouble.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LionKid90 said:

The line isn’t the worst, but Goff is a sitting duck back there when pressure comes. Most lines in the NFL suck but when most of the QBs are like Wilson or Rodgers they can get out of trouble. You can probably count on one hand the statue QBs and Goff is one of them. If the pocket collapses, he isn’t going to make many plays and get out of trouble.

We establish he is sitting pork.

3 minutes ago, LionKid90 said:

The only time he was playing like a Top 10 QB though was last year when they looked like one of the best lines in the league. The line faded a bit when December rolled around, as did Goff, and now that they're pretty average in pass pro. It's not realistic to say "you need to put a Top 2 OL around this QB and then he'll be great!", but Goff doesn't look like he can play well unless he has all day to pass.

• Like 1

Everyone still think this guy is a top 10 QB? What a joke.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, martinjlm said:

QB4 this week so far.

And 12-team owners that actually watched the game will be uniformly dropping him

• Like 1
  • Haha 1