Iron-cock

Todd Gurley 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, floppy said:

i don't get the sarcasm, im saying people like him early in the 2nd or even at the turn. evans and keenan are like 19-21. yes its not a stretch but im saying why put gurley above them

 

Dude he was #1 last year way ahead of everyone before he got his knee jacked up a bit for weeks after.

Rams got the 2nd easiest schedule next to the Patriots on top of it. Yes give me Gurley and go rb heavy if you're that scared of him missing time

If he splits hisbcarries, so what? He'll be #1 still

Edited by CABLE87
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not saying Dalvin is better - though you could make a case for a better season in FF this year.

 

I'm just saying an 80% Gurley is better than DJ, and DJ is projected at 5 on most drafts, so why not put Gurley there.

 

We're all following this "1st round has to be a sure thing" rule...but if Gurley stays reasonably healthy, everyone who passed on him gets screwed when he should be a sure thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

 

Dude he was #1 last year way ahead of everyone before he got his knee jacked up a bit for weeks after.

Rams got the 2nd easiest schedule next to the Patriots on top of it. Yes give me Gurley and go rb heavy if you're that scared of him missing time

If he splits hisbcarries, so what? He'll be #1 still

If he splits carries, he will most certainly not be in the top 5 much less the number one overall. Thats a crazy thing to say with no logic whatsoever

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t forget the new look offensive line for the Rams. Not saying Cook is better than Gurley, but I’d rather have Cook and his cuff with clear upside, than Gurley and the junk behind him. Gurley’s knee is not going to be getting better. It is something that will be managed. Cook is 100% healthy, by all accounts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Don’t forget the new look offensive line for the Rams. Not saying Cook is better than Gurley, but I’d rather have Cook and his cuff with clear upside, than Gurley and the junk behind him. Gurley’s knee is not going to be getting better. It is something that will be managed. Cook is 100% healthy, by all accounts. 

Cook was 100% healthy last offseason too. I just think people are being a bit hypocritical knocking Gurley down the rankings as much as they are for injury concerns when we've seen what he's capable of. As was already pointed out, 60% of his stats last year is still RB1 numbers. And I frankly think your approach to handcuffs is outdated. I own Tony Pollard because I got him at a spot that was good value. I don't own Zeke.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, NyMetsfan5 said:

If he splits carries, he will most certainly not be in the top 5 much less the number one overall. Thats a crazy thing to say with no logic whatsoever

Kamara is being drafted in the top 3

Todd Gurley could be argued that he's better than kamara and kamara gets a lighter workload, 

If Gurley gets kamara like touches he can definitely be top 5. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Cook was 100% healthy last offseason too. I just think people are being a bit hypocritical knocking Gurley down the rankings as much as they are for injury concerns when we've seen what he's capable of. As was already pointed out, 60% of his stats last year is still RB1 numbers. And I frankly think your approach to handcuffs is outdated. I own Tony Pollard because I got him at a spot that was good value. I don't own Zeke.

 

What’s outdated? You seem to think I don’t take the same approach. I’d take Cook over Gurley, regardless of the cuff. If there is a good cuff prospect I’ll take him, like Mattison. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

 

What’s outdated? You seem to think I don’t take the same approach. I’d take Cook over Gurley, regardless of the cuff. If there is a good cuff prospect I’ll take him, like Mattison. 

I think whether Mattison or Henderson/Brown is a better handcuffing situation is completely separate from whether I'd draft Gurley or Cook. Sounds like you're not on the same page with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gohawks said:

I think the bigger question is what ya'll don't get that even if Gurley saw a 40% decrease in volume (which is extreme) he would still finish as a RB1 last year. Why is Kamara going top 5 now two years in a row with an expected RBBC but Gurley isn't even worth a first round pick? Gurley won't even be in a RBBC just a reduced role. 

Gurley has said that he doesn't plan to change his play style and he feels good. His trainer has said that he doesn't expect Gurley to be sitting out extended periods of time. The Rams have said Gurley is healthy. There have been reports that the role will be reduced but half the people here have a tinfoil hat on.

I think the fear is that a 40% decrease in volume could turn into 100% decrease in volume some weeks or maybe worse yet have some games like the playoff game where he had 4 carries for 10 yards and 1 reception for 3 yards. Even worse than a game where your stud doesn't suit up because of injury (where you at least then you know to play another of your fantasy players) is a game where your stud is a decoy or managed and taken out early...things you find out in games not before. If I knew that they were either going to play him at 60% + or not at all, I'd find that safer than someone who might have weeks where he's in one or two series, the other RBs come in to spell him and do well and his arthritis is flaring up so they decide to ride with the other RBs that week to save Gurley's knees.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

I think whether Mattison or Henderson/Brown is a better handcuffing situation is completely separate from whether I'd draft Gurley or Cook. Sounds like you're not on the same page with that.

Yes, 1st and 2nd round I’d take him over Gurley. One, because their injuries have been different and Cook’s was due to coming back too soon from ACL, not because he’s prone to injury. If he deals with injuries this season that keeps him out, then maybe that changes my outlook on him in the future. Second, Gurley has run with the same offensive line for two years. That’s not insignificant. Two of those guys are gone. It’s the same luxury Zeke has had. To say 60% of his production would be fine is assuming that losing a chunk of the o-line will have zero effect. I’m not safe with assuming that. Third rd and beyond I’d have a much harder look at Gurley depending on who is still available. I would have taken him over my pick of Gordon at that point, because 50% of Gurley is better than 0% of Gordon. However, he was selected two picks ahead of me.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Yes, 1st and 2nd round I’d take him over Gurley. One, because their injuries have been different and Cook’s was due to coming back too soon from ACL, not because he’s prone to injury. If he deals with injuries this season that keeps him out, then maybe that changes my outlook on him in the future. Second, Gurley has run with the same offensive line for two years. That’s not insignificant. Two of those guys are gone. It’s the same luxury Zeke has had. To say 60% of his production would be fine is assuming that losing a chunk of the o-line will have zero effect. I’m not safe with assuming that. Third rd and beyond I’d have a much harder look at Gurley depending on who is still available. I would have taken him over my pick of Gordon at that point, because 50% of Gurley is better than 0% of Gordon. However, he was selected two picks ahead of me.

You guys are really taking the 60% thing the wrong way. It is what I said it is. Someone said that if 60% of his fantasy stats from last year are gone, he'd be an RB1 still. That's correct. That's all there is to it.

I think he's going to get more than 60% of his stats from last year. I don't think his line is anywhere near as bad as you seem to be implying it is. It's still squarely above average, with plenty of hogs to keep the running game going.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

You guys are really taking the 60% thing the wrong way. It is what I said it is. Someone said that if 60% of his fantasy stats from last year are gone, he'd be an RB1 still. That's correct. That's all there is to it.

I think he's going to get more than 60% of his stats from last year. I don't think his line is anywhere near as bad as you seem to be implying it is. It's still squarely above average, with plenty of hogs to keep the running game going.

Funny thing is his line is still better than Cooks.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

You guys are really taking the 60% thing the wrong way. It is what I said it is. Someone said that if 60% of his fantasy stats from last year are gone, he'd be an RB1 still. That's correct. That's all there is to it.

I think he's going to get more than 60% of his stats from last year. I don't think his line is anywhere near as bad as you seem to be implying it is. It's still squarely above average, with plenty of hogs to keep the running game going.

60% would make him 13th overall RB based on last year. Still great for sure but my worry is Gurley sitting out games at the end of a long brutal season.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We will see how it shakes out. That’s why the season is played. We can argue all day about who is right or wrong. At the end of the day the production will speak for itself, whichever guy ends up being better this year. If you’d take Gurley in the first or second round, then that’s just the value you put on him. I personally feel better about Dalvin and his 2nd rd stock. I’ve seen people take CMC before Barkley. I don’t agree with it, but that’s just the value some people put on particular players. I think Gurley is great, just not someone I’m reaching on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bhawks489 said:

60% would make him 13th overall RB based on last year. Still great for sure but my worry is Gurley sitting out games at the end of a long brutal season.

He is still only 25 years old. He will still get every goal-line carry. They may not give him a massive load between the 20s to start the season but will ramp up as the season progresses. Which is fine. Keep him fresh for us fantasy owners week 10 and on.

 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

60% would make him 13th overall RB based on last year. Still great for sure but my worry is Gurley sitting out games at the end of a long brutal season.

The entire point of him playing less snaps is so he doesn't have to sit out the end of the season.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I had a standard league yesterday 2nd pick 10 man league.  Took AK at 1 and Todd Gurley on the turn at 2.09.  This arthritic knee...hasn’t it been there for the last few years? Correct me if I’m wrong, but this doesn’t just show up out of the blue.  I understand he won’t get any better but it seems more like a pain tolerance issue.  His workload should be reduced definitely but I don’t see 1,200 yards and 8 TD’s out of the realm of possibilities for Gurley and those are great numbers for a RB1/RB2.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

The entire point of him playing less snaps is so he doesn't have to sit out the end of the season.

Yes but having problems with your knee isn’t good even if you do have a lower workload. His workload is 0 if that knee flares up.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dlionsfan901 said:

So I had a standard league yesterday 2nd pick 10 man league.  Took AK at 1 and Todd Gurley on the turn at 2.09.  This arthritic knee...hasn’t it been there for the last few years? Correct me if I’m wrong, but this doesn’t just show up out of the blue.  I understand he won’t get any better but it seems more like a pain tolerance issue.  His workload should be reduced definitely but I don’t see 1,200 yards and 8 TD’s out of the realm of possibilities for Gurley and those are great numbers for a RB1/RB2.  

Having knee issues after major surgery is more normal than you'd think. Gurleys situation got over blown because it happened during the most important time of the season due to too much work. This year they will likely cut back that work in turn making him more efficent and productive during crunch time. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Having knee issues after major surgery is more normal than you'd think. Gurleys situation got over blown because it happened during the most important time of the season due to too much work. This year they will likely cut back that work in turn making him more efficent and productive during crunch time. 

 

And next year they will do the same and so on, he is toast

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

Don’t forget the new look offensive line for the Rams. Not saying Cook is better than Gurley, but I’d rather have Cook and his cuff with clear upside, than Gurley and the junk behind him. Gurley’s knee is not going to be getting better. It is something that will be managed. Cook is 100% healthy, by all accounts. 

 

Rams fan here... Offensive Line looks good... Just as good as last year, all summer long.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gohawks said:

The entire point of him playing less snaps is so he doesn't have to sit out the end of the season.

 

THANK YOU.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bhawks489 said:

Yes but having problems with your knee isn’t good even if you do have a lower workload. His workload is 0 if that knee flares up.

 

Which has always been the case with owning Gurley.

 

His ceiling extremely outweighs his current ADP...

Edited by ponza88

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ponza88 said:

 

Which has always been the case with owning Gurley.

 

His ceiling outweighs his ADP... Extremely.

True, getting last years stats again would be wonderful. I just like options around where he’s going now without any injury concerns. 

 

Looks like hes going at 1.11 per FFC.

im fine with taking Michael Thomas/Tyreek/Julio here. If Gurley ends up healthy all season oh well. I’d like to think any of those receivers will put up good numbers as well. I also like some of the round 3/4 RBs alot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.