Iron-cock

Todd Gurley 2019 Outlook

Maybe try to trade Gurley for Melvin.  We've come full circle.

Edited by ccimore
  • Like 1

This guy went from a potentially exciting steal of the draft, to an uninspiring mediocre hole in our lineups.

You hold your nose and trot him out there and pray that he falls forward into the end zone each week.

• Like 1

Unreal how he went from the #1 FF player to rock bottom. He doesn't look anything close to what he used to. I don't know if it's the Ram's O-line, playcalling...whatever...but he is JAG back there at this point.

Better to just let him heal up this season and let Brown take over. Talk about a waste of a monster contract....ouch to the Rams.

• Like 1

I’m really curious about this condition. Does it cause him pain? Has his speed/power/agility just been zapped? Is he more prone to a more serious injury? It’s all pretty fascinating considering what he was last year. It’s not like he had ACL surgery or something, does sitting out a season even benefit him? Weird

51 minutes ago, phisouza33 said:

I’m really curious about this condition. Does it cause him pain? Has his speed/power/agility just been zapped? Is he more prone to a more serious injury? It’s all pretty fascinating considering what he was last year. It’s not like he had ACL surgery or something, does sitting out a season even benefit him? Weird

They said there was an “arthritic component” to his knee injury. I drafted him without planning to and then researched him like crazy and  it was all extremely alarming. Long/short: once you start feeling pain in an arthritic knee “it never gets better.” His usage seems exactly the same as when it flared up last year so it’s really looking like he’s got an arthritic pain problem. With regard to football players, I couldn’t find anything talking about playing with this condition only articles talking about 40-50 year old players who were over used. Just me on the Internut but it’s still not encouraging.

The Rams got really unlucky in that it flared up after he signed the contract. No warning and apparently with arthritic knees there is never any improvement.

Honestly, with exception of a few guys like Scott Engel and Adam Ronis the Gurley preseason rankings are one of the biggest slack jobs EVER in fantasy football. After reading about arthritic knees, seeing Gurley’s usage and the off-season moves the Rams made at RB it is inexcusable that anyone should have ranked him any higher than the 3rd round. HUGE fail and seemingly lazy.

Edited by FreakFries

The issue here is the Rams just as much as Gurley.

They haven’t looked as good as last year and Goff has been erratic. He’s still around 15 carries a game so it’s not like he has no volume.

We will see where this goes. It’s not doomsday like this thread is making it out to be though. You could’ve drafted Mixon. Gurley still has value and is a solid start. 

• Like 1

I suspect he is not happy in LA. Just some of the interviews I listened to last year. I don’t know where those videos are so there is a strong chance I am imagining things. 

Just now, Bringthesonicsback said:

whats this 25+ touches talk from McVay? i don't believe it 

He said he “hopes” Gurley can get 25 touches 

Coming from the hc, who has all the power to make that happen, “hope” doesn’t sound very promising

1 hour ago, dudewithabadcat said:

I suspect he is not happy in LA. Just some of the interviews I listened to last year. I don’t know where those videos are so there is a strong chance I am imagining things. 

If we go by his social media, he absolutely loves LA, at least the lifestyle and city itself. He's hanging out with dimes, famous people,and every post is some big brand ad. 

4 minutes ago, atrium said:

He said he “hopes” Gurley can get 25 touches 

Coming from the hc, who has all the power to make that happen, “hope” doesn’t sound very promising

not promising at all but step in the right direction for sure. at least he's not saying he hopes to even out the touches.. 

2 hours ago, FreakFries said:

They said there was an “arthritic component” to his knee injury. I drafted him without planning to and then researched him like crazy and  it was all extremely alarming. Long/short: once you start feeling pain in an arthritic knee “it never gets better.”

But it can take a long time to get any worse.

Also is it documented he was in any real pain from it, or simply that he had knee problems and "there was an arthritic component?" Honest question, I don't know offhand.

I think people still underestimate how important losing Saffold was and yes Goff is looking hit or miss so far. I would be quite worried as a Gurley owner.

• Like 1

You can replace "Sean McVay" with "NFL coaches" - that's why August is so entertaining, people buy into all the coach chatter lol 

9 minutes ago, bomont said:

You can replace "Sean McVay" with "NFL coaches" - that's why August is so entertaining, people buy into all the coach chatter lol 

BEST SHAPE OF HIS LIFE!!!!!

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, bomont said:

But it can take a long time to get any worse.

Also is it documented he was in any real pain from it, or simply that he had knee problems and "there was an arthritic component?" Honest question, I don't know offhand.

I think people still underestimate how important losing Saffold was and yes Goff is looking hit or miss so far. I would be quite worried as a Gurley owner.

I agree the O line is a concern but so was his usage/performance in the Super Bowl. My concern is it looks like arthritic pain would explain last season and so far this season the usage and performance are the same

if it's a pain thing, he can take injections on a game by game basis if he needs too.

It's all a matter of will he?

I'm hanging my hat on him, because I have to.

Tbh the Rams are better giving 50% Gurley 25 touches than letting their game manager QB pretending to not be a game manager sling it.

4 hours ago, sSektor said:

> Sean McVay

> Telling the truth

pick one

Tough.

Obviously, the truth is valuable but McVay is a good looking dude.