Iron-cock

Todd Gurley 2019 Outlook

Down 7 5 min into the game. 

Down 21 not even half way through the second quarter. 

Down 18 at the start of the 4th.

They were screwed from the start in the run game. Tampa punched them in the mouth and they were forced to throw. 

Plus, they play on Thursday and Gurley not getting 20 carries may be good for him. 

11 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Down 7 5 min into the game. 

Down 21 not even half way through the second quarter. 

Down 18 at the start of the 4th.

They were screwed from the start in the run game. Tampa punched them in the mouth and they were forced to throw. 

Plus, they play on Thursday and Gurley not getting 20 carries may be good for him. 

Giving up an opening drive TD doesn’t equate to bad game script. They started the game and had 2 drives down 7-0 on those drives they ran 14 plays and had 13 passes and one end around, which unsurprisingly led to 0 points and one turnover. This wasn’t a game script issue as they were passing at a higher rate in neutral situations, it was a Sean McVay issue.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ddam2013 said:

Giving up an opening drive TD doesn’t equate to bad game script. They started the game and had 2 drives down 7-0 on those drives they ran 14 plays and had 13 passes and one end around, which unsurprisingly led to 0 points and one turnover. This wasn’t a game script issue as they were passing at a higher rate in neutral situations, it was a Sean McVay issue.

McVay clearly doesn't own Gurley in any of his FFB leagues. 

1 minute ago, MSkibisky said:

McVay clearly doesn't own Gurley in any of his FFB leagues. 

He owns Kupp and Everett.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Novaray said:

very interested to see the usage on thursday off a short week

Probably plans to run him 35 times Thursday night, that's why he gave him Sunday off.  😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, KennyWoo said:

Probably plans to run him 35 times Thursday night, that's why he gave him Sunday off.  😂

So you're saying that not covering Chris Godwin was all part of an elaborate ruse to get the running game going?

Bravo McVay, you've done it again!

Yeah, the new era of coaching is very interesting. Don't get me wrong McVay is an amazing coach but sometimes he outhinks himself just like every other new era coach. 

Guys like Carroll and Belichick both have ridiculously simple game plans on the surface. Since 2012 NE has 7/7 double digit win seasons and Seattle has 6/7. Your QB is clearly struggling this season despite the stat line so why chugg the ball down field all game instead of using the run game? You have two good backs. Not only does it help minimize your mistake prone QB it elevates your good defense. 

Not everything has to be flashly. Sometimes pounding the rock and using short routes to expose the defense is the way to go. That's what the two most succesful teams of the decade have done and continue to do. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gohawks said:

Yeah, the new era of coaching is very interesting. Don't get me wrong McVay is an amazing coach but sometimes he outhinks himself just like every other new era coach. 

Guys like Carroll and Belichick both have ridiculously simple game plans on the surface. Since 2012 NE has 7/7 double digit win seasons and Seattle has 6/7. Your QB is clearly struggling this season despite the stat line so why chugg the ball down field all game instead of using the run game? You have two good backs. Not only does it help minimize your mistake prone QB it elevates your good defense. 

Not everything has to be flashly. Sometimes pounding the rock and using short routes to expose the defense is the way to go. That's what the two most succesful teams of the decade have done and continue to do. 

Want to be the most successful team in the NFL? Play in the AFC east.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ddam2013 said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/these-stats-show-patriots-dominance-over-teams-outside-afc-east?amp

winning percentage since 2001 against non division opponents is 134-44 (75.3%). I hope this was sarcasm.

it 100% was sarcasm .. you missed my point by 180 degrees. When 6 games out of the year are against the Bills Fins and Jets, you're bound to have a good foundation for a solid season.

Edited by MSkibisky
  • Like 1

Just now, MSkibisky said:

you missed my point by 180 degrees. When 6 games out of the year are against the Bills Fins and Jets, you're bound to have a good foundation for a solid season.

But they win 75% of their games outside the afc East which if they played 16 a year would be a 12-4 record. Nothing to do with Gurley so I’m not continuing this anymore.

• Like 3

Don't get why people are complaining. The Rams were down 21-0 and were playing catch up the entire game - no time to run. He still had 2 touchdowns and 11 targets. Not like he was completely missing. 

Just now, oliminator123 said:

Don't get why people are complaining. The Rams were down 21-0 and were playing catch up the entire game - no time to run. He still had 2 touchdowns and 11 targets. Not like he was completely missing. 

I think there's still some lingering consternation over the poor week 3 results and the arthritic knee stuff.

More importantly to me than the TDs was how he looked doing it.  He looked like Todd Gurley.  The run blocking held up along the goal line.  This portends well.

My biggest concern was his lack of usage in the passing game and they seemed to make an effort to get him going in that regard.  Don't get me wrong, 5 carries sucks but its not like Malcolm Brown had 15+ carries.  On top of that, he looked like vintage Gurley on that first TD run. I'd say his arrow is pointing up after yesterdays game.

If they really want to feed him the ball we will find out this week.

Seattle won't air it out and they won't try to knock you out in one punch ESPECIALLY at home. They will try to pound the rock, tire the opposing defense, and slowly drain you. Which means Gurley himself should be able to get plenty of chances. 

This was the first game I've felt encouraged as a Gurley owner.  I get that he didn't get a ton of carries, but that was the game flow not Gurley's fault.  The Rams abandoned the run game.  He was targeted heavily in the pass game and also had goal-line/red zone carries and frankly that's what I really want to see. 

Edited by cizastro

21 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Seattle won't air it out and they won't try to knock you out in one punch ESPECIALLY at home. They will try to pound the rock, tire the opposing defense, and slowly drain you. Which means Gurley himself should be able to get plenty of chances. 

this. Will be watching this game very closely. 

4 hours ago, goke said:

CC bugging

I want to believe in him but he seems like he is playing in pain. It's tough to watch.

Here is a fact - Chris Carter is a freaking moron.  Maybe Carter is establishing the narrative that Gurley is the fall guy for the Rams when they don't succeed as much as last year.  CC is a douschebag. 

On 9/30/2019 at 4:02 PM, Gohawks said:

We all know what happens when we expect a shootout in Rams-Seahawks in Seattle.

Score tied at 10 late in the 4th and Russ throws a bomb to win it.  I got a bad feeling about this.

Nobody is more bummed out about this than Gurley. He looked so fed up in his most recent press conference. Feels bad