Iron-cock

Todd Gurley 2019 Outlook

1 minute ago, sSektor said:

Nobody is more bummed out about this than Gurley. He looked so fed up in his most recent press conference. Feels bad

That was sad to watch - dude looks like a broken man...

I'm telling you guys.  I smell that there are bigger issues than Gurley's knee...I think there might be some bad blood between the coaching staff and Gurley.

For the record, I don't really think his knee is terribly bad.  I just don't think he is playing a highly motivated RB out there. 

Edited by dudewithabadcat

30 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

I'm telling you guys.  I smell that there are bigger issues than Gurley's knee...I think there might be some bad blood between the coaching staff and Gurley.

For the record, I don't really think his knee is terribly bad.  I just don't think he is playing a highly motivated RB out there. 

Seems like he's just running in slow motion compared to last year. 

I think we see a 25 carry game tomorrow. Goff is coming off 68 pass attempts on Sunday. I’ll be shocked if he throws another 40+ a few days later. 

1 minute ago, Ryansm11 said:

I think we see a 25 carry game tomorrow. Goff is coming off 68 pass attempts on Sunday. I’ll be shocked if he throws another 40+ a few days later. 

I will bet any amount of money this does not happen tomorrow.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

I don’t think he’ll ever get 25 carries again in any game but I sure hope you’re right 

Just now, Ryansm11 said:

I think we see a 33 carry game tomorrow split 13, 15, 5 between Gurley/Brown/Hendu. Goff is coming off 68 pass attempts on Sunday. I’ll be shocked if he throws another 40+ a few days later. 

fixed up.  

7 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

I will bet any amount of money this does not happen tomorrow.

6 minutes ago, NBatum88 said:

I don’t think he’ll ever get 25 carries again in any game but I sure hope you’re right 

6 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

fixed up.  

Lmao gentlemen let’s be more optimistic here! Otherwise I have to face the facts that my 2nd round pick is a trash can getting 5 carries a game. At least let me enjoy the next 24 hours before the next letdown. 

I wonder if Gurley is the next player to try to force a trade? He seems frustrated with how the team is using him.

Edited by EaglesRocker97
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

I wonder if Gurley is the next player to try to force a trade? He seems frustrated with how the team is using him.

I honestly think this is the biggest factor going on right now. 

• Like 1

What a strange animal fantasy football has become.  We used to analyze schemes and opponents.  Now we're all armchair psychologists, orthopedists and social media consultants.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, JE7HorseGod said:

What a strange animal modern day tackle foosball players have become.  They used to analyze schemes and opponents.  Now they're all armchair psychologists, orthopedists and social media divas.

this. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oresteszero said:

I dont like seeing the "HOT" tag next to the Gurley thread.

It's only because he's so hawt. 

• Haha 2

This thread is cancerous at this point.

Analyzing press conferences because NFL players totally enjoy press conferences. After every single game some dude is in here with eagle vision pointing out how Gurley has some kind of limp if you zoom in 10 times. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

this. 

I suppose.

Although I can't help but wonder how futile all this type of speculation is.  Stefon Diggs followed James White on Instagram?  Time to plug him into NE and project him with TB12 throwing him the ball!

Gurley doesn't seem like a ball of sunshine after a tough loss to a team they should have beat at home?  He's cooked.  Trade him to Miami.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

I suppose.

Although I can't help but wonder how futile all this type of speculation is.  Stefon Diggs followed James White on Instagram?  Time to plug him into NE and project him with TB12 throwing him the ball!

Gurley doesn't seem like a ball of sunshine after a tough loss to a team they should have beat at home?  He's cooked.  Trade him to Miami.

Gurley should just retire. Put a fork in him! 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, HispasianTuna said:

Gurley should just retire. Put a fork in him! 

I know right? I've been saying this ever since I picked Malcolm Brown up

• Haha 1

On pace for 12 TDs 1100+ total yards

Throw in 2 or 3 big games this season (ATL, CINCY, AZ) then 14 TDs and 1400 total yards is doable.

Edited by KB_IV

1 hour ago, KB_IV said:

On pace for 12 TDs 1100+ total yards

Throw in 2 or 3 big games this season (ATL, CINCY, AZ) then 14 TDs and 1400 total yards is doable.

I'm hoping for this for all you guys who drafted him in the first 3 rounds. 

Let's play a game. Below I will list RBs and their snap percentage each week. Take an honest guess which one Gurley is.

A. 68%, 72%, 60%, 79%

B. 70%, 61%, 97%, 64%

C. 70%, 64%, 74%, 76%

D. 32%, 58%, 60%, 46%

E. 38%, 54%, 57%, 61%

F. 74%, 46%, 42%, 54%

G. 57%, 54%, 75%, 70%

H. 77%, 54%, 44%, 76%

----------------------------------------------------------------------

A = Cook

B = Chubb

C = Gurley

D = Ingram

E = Mixon

F = Jacobs

G = K. Johnson

H = Carson

Just to prove my point how of illogical, tinfoil hat, and ridiculous this thread has become. Most of these guys are regarded as bellcows and workhorse RBs. Among them Gurley was tied for 3rd in snap percentage week 1, 2nd week 2, 3rd week 3, and tied for 2nd week 4. Last year Gurley played 75% of the snaps this year he has played in *GASP*...71%. The main issue is the Rams line has experienced a fairly large downgrade and McVay is displaying a tendency to shy away from the run due to this. Goff has also been quite bad and thus these two combinations lead to less running room and less scoring opportunities. Has Gurley looked a little off? Yes, very much so but I cannot stress enough it is nowhere in the same galaxy as this thread makes it out to be. 

Edited by Gohawks
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Let's play a game. Below I will list RBs and their snap percentage each week. Take an honest guess which one Gurley is.

A. 68%, 72%, 60%, 79%

B. 70%, 61%, 97%, 64%

C. 70%, 64%, 74%, 76%

D. 32%, 58%, 60%, 46%

E. 38%, 54%, 57%, 61%

F. 74%, 46%, 42%, 54%

G. 57%, 54%, 75%, 70%

H. 77%, 54%, 44%, 76%

A = Cook

B = Chubb

C = Gurley

D = Ingram

E = Mixon

F = Jacobs

G = K. Johnson

H = Carson

Just to prove my point how of illogical, tinfoil hat, and ridiculous this thread has become. Most of these guys are regarded as bellcows and workhorse RBs. Among them Gurley was tied for 3rd in snap percentage week 1, 2nd week 2, 3rd week 3, and tied for 2nd week 4. Last year Gurley played 75% of the snaps this year he has played in *GASP*...71%. The main issue is the Rams line has experienced a fairly large downgrade and McVay is displaying a tendency to shy away from the run due to this. Goff has also been quite bad and thus these two combinations lead to less running room and less scoring opportunities. Has Gurley looked a little off? Yes, very much so but I cannot stress enough it is nowhere in the same galaxy as this thread makes it out to be. 

How dare you bring logic into this place.

200.gif

24 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

A. 68%, 72%, 60%, 79%

B. 70%, 61%, 97%, 64%

C. 70%, 64%, 74%, 76%

D. 32%, 58%, 60%, 46%

E. 38%, 54%, 57%, 61%

F. 74%, 46%, 42%, 54%

G. 57%, 54%, 75%, 70%

H. 77%, 54%, 44%, 76%

A = Cook

B = Chubb

C = Gurley

D = Ingram

E = Mixon

F = Jacobs

G = K. Johnson

H = Carson

I generally agree that the Rams offense is a much bigger issue, but, last year Gurley was in on 86% of snaps in games that he played (825 snaps out of 959, weeks 1-15). The 75% value probably includes snaps from games he missed. On a per game basis he is getting about 17% fewer snaps this year.

35 minutes ago, genya said:

I generally agree that the Rams offense is a much bigger issue, but, last year Gurley was in on 86% of snaps in games that he played (825 snaps out of 959, weeks 1-15). The 75% value probably includes snaps from games he missed. On a per game basis he is getting about 17% fewer snaps this year.

You may be correct but the point is still valid.

If someone out there drafted Gurley expecting a similar snap count to last year and are surprised he’s at 71% they aren’t very good at fantasy. He was very obviously going to be between 65%-70% give or take. 71% is actually slightly higher than I anticipated. What I didn’t anticipate is the offense not setting the world on fire which is a mistake since Goff has never been good. That being said, they should get back on track eventually.