Iron-cock

Todd Gurley 2019 Outlook

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, MarielJr said:

51 yards,2 TDs 15 att,around 17 points in many leagues and he is not RB1?,keeping selling him high while this beast keep giving me wins

...beast..? 18.7 points which was his season high so far. Let's all relax

Edited by MSkibisky
  • Thanks 1

I watched the game last night, and defintiely felt like the Rams did better when they used Gurley more. He's clearly the GL back, and they've ramped up his usage.

If he performs like this, he's definitely a top 10 RB, and worthy of his ADP.

As a Brown owner, I was discouraged lol...my two things to cheer for now are:

1) the rams lock up a top seed and rest Gurley...but I don't see that happening. Especially if they  keep losing.

2) They run Gurley too much and the same thing happens as last year...he is done.

Overall, I'm happy Gurley owners are finally seeing ROI.

11 minutes ago, FooserX said:

If he performs like this, he's definitely a top 10 RB, and worthy of his ADP.

I drafted him 12th overall. He better start spittin out diamonds to be worth that ADP.

21 minutes ago, MSkibisky said:

...beast..? 18.7 points which was his season high so far. Let's all relax

You play standard? He scored 26 the week before in PPR

1 minute ago, Ryansm11 said:

You play standard? He scored 26 the week before in PPR

ah, you're right thats my bad. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, MSkibisky said:

I drafted him 12th overall. He better start spittin out diamonds to be worth that ADP.

You could have done better there. Maybe taking a guy like Cook or Chubb if available. However, you also could have had Hill, Mixon, Conner, JuJu, Odell, and a bunch of other guys that have sucked a lot more than Gurley. As it stands, Gurley was a good pick in the backend of the first. Not special like Cook for instance but still a good pick. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

You could have done better there. Maybe taking a guy like Cook or Chubb if available. However, you also could have had Hill, Mixon, Conner, JuJu, Odell, and a bunch of other guys that have sucked a lot more than Gurley. As it stands, Gurley was a good pick in the backend of the first. Not special like Cook for instance but still a good pick. 

First 15 picks were loaded with question marks this year. 

4 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

First 15 picks were loaded with question marks this year. 

Correct which makes taking Gurley not a bad pick at all. In fact, you actually did quite well compared to what was around him. Imagine going like Mixon and JuJu? Awful...

The Rams have to feed Gurley if they want to win games. He had some nice runs early.Feed the beast or lose. I'm not selling.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Correct which makes taking Gurley not a bad pick at all. In fact, you actually did quite well compared to what was around him. Imagine going like Mixon and JuJu? Awful...

Honestly should’ve just taken mahomes. I think Gurley’s outlook on the season is improving however. Snap count has been increasing. Everyone says he looks hurt but he was running hard and straight at people. Doesn’t look super confident making cuts... one thing I noticed, on pass routes, he comes out of the backfield barely running. Almost like he knows he isn’t getting the ball. Anyone else notice this? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Honestly should’ve just taken mahomes. I think Gurley’s outlook on the season is improving however. Snap count has been increasing. Everyone says he looks hurt but he was running hard and straight at people. Doesn’t look super confident making cuts... one thing I noticed, on pass routes, he comes out of the backfield barely running. Almost like he knows he isn’t getting the ball. Anyone else notice this? 

Yeah, I did, he's mainly been a great servicable blocker for most of the night then goes out on flat routes but he's not even trying, he doesn't look super confident on his cuts but he definitely looked good on some of the runs he had, not sure but he wasn't terrible by any means, wish he didn't have the fumble but he made up for it. Goff has tunnel vision and just locks his eyes on kupp on every passing play, gurley looks open sometimes and couldve got a few more catches, 

Sell high or keep him and reap the benefits, so f a r he wasn't a bad pick. Lol @ all the people that took Henderson in like the 6th round or a little later, they laughed at me for not taking Henderson, he's on the ww now then they grab brown, ends up the wire as well ...

8 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

In 2 of my leagues, Mahomes was taken top 5 overall. 

• Like 1

Gurley has been exactly where he was projected to be at.

Pre-season rankings amongst RB (half-PPR):
1. Barkley
2. CMC
3. Kamara
4. Zeke
5. D. Johnson
6. Conner
7. Chubb
8. Bell
9. Cook
10. Mixon
11. Gurley
12. Fournette
13. Kerryon
14. A. Jones
15. Carson
16. D. Freeman
17. Jacobs
18. Henry
19. Michel
20. Montgomery
*Note: Gordon/Ekeler did not crack the top 20.

Current rankings on a per-game basis amongst RB (half-PPR):
1. CMC
2. Ekeler - Likely to be swapped out with Gordon ROS
3. Cook
4. Chubb
5. Ingram - Two blow up games
6. Kamara
7. Henry
8. D. Johnson
9. Darrel Williams - Only played 2 games
10. Zeke
11. Bell
12. Jeff Wilson - Only played 2 games
13. Fournette
14. A. Jones
15. Barkley - Average affected by hurt game
16. Gurley
17. Carson
18. Mack
19. McCoy
20. Lindsay

So when you look at the guys that shouldn't be on this list (Darrel Williams, Jeff Wilson), understand that neither of Gordon/Ekeler was in the top 20 draft rankings because of the holdout, and factor in some guys we slept on, Gurley's basically been as projected. I'd say most owners that drafted him were hoping he'd be in the top 5-10 range where he'll probably end up closer to top 10-15, but still can't really complain with his production so far. Just looks highly unlikely that he'll be that #1 fantasy RB that he was last year.

1 minute ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Look at how attitudes have changed in here.  

In what sense?

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Lot more positivity. 

Dude scores TDs nothing new about that. Week 1 Brown lucked into 2 short TDs, since then it’s been all gurley and last nights his snap rate more closely resembled pre “knee injury” gurley then the Gurley of first quarter 2019. If McVay wants to win he’s going to have to ride and establish Gurley, Malcolm brown running the ball and Andy Dalton, I mean Jared Goff, throwing the ball aren’t going to win McVay any games. Ride him till the wheels fall off and hope that occurs next year.

Edited by Ddam2013
Forgot a comma

Watch him on pass pro, I think he looks fine. He wasn’t really a jump cut RB so I’m not sure what some are saying about his side movement isn’t there anymore. Taking on a blitzing defender in pass pro puts a lot of pressure on his knees but he doesn’t shy away from them either (not saying he’s good at it though). 

Problem is Goff only being able to throw an out route to slot receiver (like Siemian with comeback route to Sanders and Thomas when he was playing for Denver). He isn’t great without effective play action plays. 

Rams need to utilize more 12 personnel or a FB to counter defenses’ 6 men defensive line formation or something to give a little more space for Gurley. Gurley is great at hitting those little space hard and against 6 men DL, once he does and get to the second level, there’s only a LB and secondary. 

Or Offensive line men just simply need to win more of their one-on-ones. 

This offense was great and I believe McVay will figure something out sooner or later. 

IMO, his knee is fine, usage is encouraging, and offense will find a way to be more efficient sooner or later. 

• Like 2

This is the first I’m hearing of this. Anyone hear about the severity?

2 minutes ago, gufomel said:

This is the first I’m hearing of this. Anyone hear about the severity?

What day of the week is it?

Just now, sSektor said:

What day of the week is it?

Sarcasm not needed. 

Probably a minor injury and mostly a veteran rest day. Malcolm Brown is getting loose in my flex spot though, just in case..