Iron-cock

Todd Gurley 2019 Outlook

4 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

worth the hoDl ... i certainly can't see the Vikes offense pulling a 180 shift if Cook went down ... Mattison will be fed a quite a bit, and if you get roughly 80% of Cook's volume/output, well ... ya gots a real gem there. 

of course all leegs and rosters and squads and needs and bye week bluez are different, but the kid is a golden ticket. 

of course....I wouldn't have been hodling him for so long if I didn't believe the potential was there.  I'm also a Cook owner in other leagues. It would be bittersweet. 

8 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Yup.  I've got Gurley and Mattison on one squad.  Not sure how much longer I can hold onto Mattison though.  

Fair enough.

I'm just saying when I see OP say, "man, this guy with all these left leg issues as a result of reconstructive ACL surgery is a pain to own, let me trade for Dalvin Cook" I can't help but wonder, out of the frying pan and into the fire?

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

That’s when you get an offer back for a kicker for Todd Gurley lol 

At least the kicker will play this week 

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, yanksman said:

I mean you didn't realize he was a HUGE injury risk?

Oh for sure, I seen what happen toward the end of last year. So far this year things have gone smoothly for Todd, the only thing that concern me was his usage. I didn’t see any red flags about any injuries this year. Did you?.  I had to accept this Gurley trade, now I hope things work out. My Adams for Gurley & Theilan. 

I assume every player in the NFL to some degree is a HUGE injury risk. Afterall the NFL is a violent sport. An injury can occur even on a non contact play. 

Just now, shakestreet said:

I didn’t see any red flags about any injuries this year. Did you?

There was a report that his knee was arthritic in the summer.

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2019/06/17/rams-todd-gurley-knee-arthritis-trainer/

I dunno if you kept up with him in college but his ACL tear was gruesome.  He was seen as a high risk proposition when the Rams drafted him.

3 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

I assume every player in the NFL to some degree is a HUGE injury risk. Afterall the NFL is a violent sport. An injury can occur even on a non contact play. 

Watson going down for the season back in '17 during a simple effin' handoff drill in practice. 

😥

21 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Yup.  I've got Gurley and Mattison on one squad.  Not sure how much longer I can hold onto Mattison though.  

keep holidng man i doubt cook plays the full season

2 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

There was a report that his knee was arthritic in the summer.

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2019/06/17/rams-todd-gurley-knee-arthritis-trainer/

I dunno if you kept up with him in college but his ACL tear was gruesome.  He was seen as a high risk proposition when the Rams drafted him.

Everybody knew and read about his arthritic knee, but he still was drafted around pick number 17 according to NFC. 

1 minute ago, shakestreet said:

Oh for sure, I seen what happen toward the end of last year. So far this year things have gone smoothly for Todd, the only thing that concern me was his usage. I didn’t see any red flags about any injuries this year. Did you?.  I had to accept this Gurley trade, now I hope things work out. My Adams for Gurley & Theilan. 

His usage is a massive red flag because  he is getting virtually the same amount of touches he did when they were managing his knee injury during the playoffs. And this is right out of the gate starting week 1 after an entire offseason of rest. 

Big Red Flag #2 is the fact that in increasing his snaps the last two weeks (not so much his touches even) he now couldn’t participate in a walk-through practice 8 days later. 

Arthritic pain never gets better it can only gets worse. What makes it worse are activities like running, pressure and contact. 

Not trying to be a downer here and I certainly could be wrong but there are most certainly injury red flags with TG this season and they are getting more pronounced. 

I still think your trade could work out well for though as D Adams says he “doesn’t know when” he’ll play again and turf toe has ruined seasons for plenty of players. You also got Theilen who has a nice schedule coming up. TG should play again at some point.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Everybody knew and read about his arthritic knee, but he still was drafted around pick number 17 according to NFC. 

Yeah, the risk was baked in to his draft price, otherwise he would have been a universal first rounder.

This is just the downside of a risk-reward pick.  And I mean he hasn't missed any games yet and he's scored in most of them.  But obviously that could come to a halt here.  Let's see what today brings in practice.

Just now, JE7HorseGod said:

Yeah, the risk was baked in to his draft price, otherwise he would have been a universal first rounder.

This is just the downside of a risk-reward pick.  And I mean he hasn't missed any games yet and he's scored in most of them.  But obviously that could come to a halt here.  Let's see what today brings in practice.

Hindsight is 20/20. If he was averaging 25pts/week, we would all be here screaming how much value we got in the 2nd round.

3 minutes ago, MSkibisky said:

Hindsight is 20/20. If he was averaging 25pts/week, we would all be here screaming how much value we got in the 2nd round.

Correct.

If you wanted safe, you could have gone with a nice, healthy option.  Like Antonio Brown.

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Correct.

If you wanted safe, you could have gone with a nice, healthy option.  Like Antonio Brown.

Man did that f--- my team up lol 

So the consensus here is that Gurley owners are worried. That being said who would you guy be willing to flip him for? It would seem easy is you have his back up you wouldn’t have to worry much right? 

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Correct.

honestly was there a better option than AB. I would let AB and Tyreek, chill with my wife.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

Not sure if serious

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, dontclapGonorrhea said:

honestly was there a better option than AB. I would let AB and Tyreek, chill with my wife.

You are being connected with divorce attys in your area...please stand by...

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

His usage is a massive red flag because  he is getting virtually the same amount of touches he did when they were managing his knee injury during the playoffs. And this is right out of the gate starting week 1 after an entire offseason of rest. 

Big Red Flag #2 is the fact that in increasing his snaps the last two weeks (not so much his touches even) he now couldn’t participate in a walk-through practice 8 days later. 

Arthritic pain never gets better it can only gets worse. What makes it worse are activities like running, pressure and contact. 

Not trying to be a downer here and I certainly could be wrong but there are most certainly injury red flags with TG this season and they are getting more pronounced. 

I still think your trade could work out well for though as D Adams says he “doesn’t know when” he’ll play again and turf toe has ruined seasons for plenty of players. You also got Theilen who has a nice schedule coming up. TG should play again at some point.

Red flag #3. If you watch the games he limps after every play.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Correct.

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, yanksman said:

I figured around week 10, is when the Henderson mobile would be firing up, but it could be sooner rather than later.

1 hour ago, FreakFries said:

I really dislike statements like this because not only is it using hyperbole it is just flat out wrong. You're making it seem as if Gurley is incapable of participating in a walk through because of getting touches. The coach clearly said there's no point in having Gurley OR Talib participate in a walkthrough and it's better to let them heal. Is Talib also incapable of getting through a walkthrough practice? 

It's not that he couldn't participate. It's that it is pointless to have him participate in a walkthrough. That much should be obvious.

32 minutes ago, yanksman said:

i can guarantee that if there was never any reports on his knee you or anyone else would not notice any limp, him getting up "slowly", him being helped up by teammates (this one is the most absurd out of all the abusrdities), and etc.

12 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

i can guarantee that if there was never any reports on his knee you or anyone else would not notice any limp, him getting up "slowly", him being helped up by teammates (this one is the most absurd out of all the abusrdities), and etc.

spacer.png

• Haha 3