Iron-cock

Todd Gurley 2019 Outlook

26 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

I really dislike statements like this because not only is it using hyperbole it is just flat out wrong. You're making it seem as if Gurley is incapable of participating in a walk through because of getting touches. The coach clearly said there's no point in having Gurley OR Talib participate in a walkthrough and it's better to let them heal. Is Talib also incapable of getting through a walkthrough practice? 

It's not that he couldn't participate. It's that it is pointless to have him participate in a walkthrough. That much should be obvious.

I see your point but at the same time if you are sitting out a walk-through practice because it’s “better to let you heal” that’s sitting out a non contact practice due to an injury isn’t it?(no sarcasm intended.)

I also don’t trust anything McVay says after saying TG was fine for the Super Bowl and the playoffs last year do you?

I see what you’re saying and sure maybe I’m making too much of this but it still seems fair to say that at minimum Gurley was, say, held out of a walk through practice due to injury. Given TG’s injury and the way McVay has handled it going back to last season, this is a red flag to me. FWIW I think TG will be back next week.

Edited by FreakFries

interesting, if  not absurd, that given all of Goff's passing that the Rams are dead last throwing to RBs ... wtf?

we all know how proficient TG was ootb, and that was a major reason this offense hummed ... don't think McVay switched philosophy overnight, especially given how poor the o-line is playing (which would benefit from some dumpoffs/screens/etc to TG) ... he's not right, neither is the offense, as a result ... the chart is very telling. 

Edited by pastorofmuppets2

13 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

interesting, if  not absurd, that given all of Goff's passing that the Rams are dead last throwing to RBs ... wtf?

we all know how proficient TG was ootb, and that was a major reason this offense hummed ... don't think McVay switched philosophy overnight, especially given how poor the o-line is playing (which would benefit from some dumpoffs/screens/etc to TG) ... he's not right, neither is the offense, as a result ... the chart is very telling. 

McVay has been closer to Nagy than McVay this year and as a result it's cost them. They just payed their mediocre QB a fortune so now they are trying to showcase how good he is. It's extremely frustrating when coaches are trying to showoff their not so good QBs. These deep bombs every play aren't cutting it as clearly demonstrated by having the 3rd most interceptions in the NFL. 

• Like 1

"Y’all have got to stop putting this bad energy in my knee, man,” Gurley said. “Just let it be.”

“I’m not eager doing this,” Gurley said. “I don’t have to prove anything to nobody. I have been doing this for years now. So, it’s the same stuff every year.”

Just now, wendellrott said:

"Y’all have got to stop putting this bad energy in my knee, man,” Gurley said. “Just let it be.”

“I’m not eager doing this,” Gurley said. “I don’t have to prove anything to nobody. I have been doing this for years now. So, it’s the same stuff every year.”

Smells like a fantasy owners worst nightmare. PS - Just dealt him. Finally off this train.

48 minutes ago, MSkibisky said:

Smells like a fantasy owners worst nightmare. PS - Just dealt him. Finally off this train.

Todd Gurley contemplated 'giving the Rams back their money' after Week 1 injury

After the Rams’ Week 1 win over the Raiders, Gurley was in a similar situation. He was fine by Wednesday and practiced fully on Thursday and Friday, but he was in a lot of pain.

“Felt like (expletive). It was bad,” Gurley said in his press conference Thursday. “I was contemplating on giving the Rams back their money and everything. It was bad. It was real bad.”

51 minutes ago, MSkibisky said:

To be fair he said this in July. I’m not the biggest football fan, I was surprised how “small” he looked during that press conference . It didn’t even look like he had biceps . Maybe it was the shirt he was wearing. And that shirt , that kind of bothers me more than anything. Not the message but the idea that he is making statements like that and not focusing on his recovery and production, seems like a bad sign. 

1 minute ago, treyjuice said:

To be fair he said this in July. I’m not the biggest football fan, I was surprised how “small” he looked during that press conference . It didn’t even look like he had biceps . Maybe it was the shirt he was wearing. And that shirt , that kind of bothers me more than anything. Not the message but the idea that he is making statements like that and not focusing on his recovery and production, seems like a bad sign. 

Yeah the whole "I'm mad about college football" thing when we're talking about symptoms which may be related to an injury he got playing college football doesn't inspire confidence in his physical well being.

1 minute ago, treyjuice said:

Ridiculous assessment of his shirt. That means nothing.

Thanks, Mr. Political Statement Fashion Police 😂

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, treyjuice said:

His teammates help him up after he gets tackled

He has a pimp walk

He looks sad in press conferences

Add to this list that his shirts aren't tight enough as further proof Gurley is done. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

His teammates help him up after he gets tackled

He has a pimp walk

He looks sad in press conferences

Add to this list that his shirts aren't tight enough as further proof Gurley is done. 

If he really said he was contemplating giving money back, add CTE to the list

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, wendellrott said:

Todd Gurley contemplated 'giving the Rams back their money' after Week 1 injury

After the Rams’ Week 1 win over the Raiders, Gurley was in a similar situation. He was fine by Wednesday and practiced fully on Thursday and Friday, but he was in a lot of pain.

“Felt like (expletive). It was bad,” Gurley said in his press conference Thursday. “I was contemplating on giving the Rams back their money and everything. It was bad. It was real bad.”

Wait, this is in reference to week 1 last year? I don’t remember mention of him being in terrible pain as early as after week 1 last year. Was that common knowledge?

And when is this above Gurley quote from? Recently or early last year?

3 minutes ago, gufomel said:

Wait, this is in reference to week 1 last year? I don’t remember mention of him being in terrible pain as early as after week 1 last year. Was that common knowledge?

And when is this above Gurley quote from? Recently or early last year?

It was a quote from last season:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/todd-gurley-contemplated-‘giving-the-rams-back-their-money’-after-week-1-injury/ar-BBRwQ4K

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, austin316 said:

#WhatCanBrownDoForYou?

I suspect about 14 carries for 46 yards and 3 catches for 15.

17 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

I suspect about 14 carries for 46 yards and 3 catches for 15.

That’s weird I was thinking 22/175/2

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Ryansm11 said:

That’s weird I was thinking 22/175/2

Anything is possible.

They're averaging around 81 yards on the ground against them and haven't let a back cross the EZ yet, but maybe this is the week.  I doubt it though.

7 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Anything is possible.

They're averaging around 81 yards on the ground against them and haven't let a back cross the EZ yet, but maybe this is the week.  I doubt it though.

I’m honestly thinking the rams are going to get back to pounding the rock if Gurley is out. I’m thinking brown gets a fat workload. 49ers D is no joke tho 

• Like 1

Just now, Ryansm11 said:

I’m honestly thinking the rams are going to get back to pounding the rock if Gurley is out. I’m thinking brown gets a fat workload. 49ers D is no joke tho 

The run blocking is still not very good up the middle.  I dunno if trying to bang Brown through Joe Noteboom and Brian Allen into Buckner and Bosa 25 times is a cure for what ails them.  Maybe Brown is just that much better than Gurley.  Who knows?

3 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

The run blocking is still not very good up the middle.  I dunno if trying to bang Brown through Joe Noteboom and Brian Allen into Buckner and Bosa 25 times is a cure for what ails them.  Maybe Brown is just that much better than Gurley.  Who knows?

Yeah I used the rams in madden the other night and the left guard was a 60 and the center was like a 65 lmao. Not good. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Yeah the whole "I'm mad about college football" thing when we're talking about symptoms which may be related to an injury he got playing college football doesn't inspire confidence in his physical well being.

I'm just as concerned about his mental well being

• Like 2