Iron-cock

Todd Gurley 2019 Outlook

Just now, dakimbell said:

Henderson Preseason:

Game 1: 6 for 13 rushing, 1 for -5 receiving

Game 2: 6 for 16 rushing, 6 for 38 receiving

Game 3: 11 for 28 rushing, 1 for 4 receiving

What preseason flashes am I missing here??

lol - that one good pass play? 

hahaha....

1 minute ago, dakimbell said:

Henderson Preseason:

Game 1: 6 for 13 rushing, 1 for -5 receiving

Game 2: 6 for 16 rushing, 6 for 38 receiving

Game 3: 11 for 28 rushing, 1 for 4 receiving

What preseason flashes am I missing here??

The flash where that guy drafted Henderson instead of Brown. 

7 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I gotta admit, the doubtful designation was a surprise. Gonna be interesting to see how the distribution looks between Brown/Henderson. Realistically if you're a Gurley owner and didn't have Brown rostered you only have yourself to blame. 

Shh. You can't be talking about Brown around here. Your just going to get your posts deleted.

1 hour ago, timexsocialclub said:

This is a quad injury that is keeping him out, right? Totally separate issue from the arthritic knee. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing for his future prospects. I'm guessing it's probably not good and he's breaking down.

The quad bone's connected to the, Knee bone

the Knee bone's connected to the, calf bone, 

the calf bone's connected to the, ankle bone

Yes i know some of those are soft tissues, just play along with the song.  The point is everything is connected and the injuries will add up.  This is the beginning of the end.  

fact that he is missing this game tells me the injury is pretty darn serious. If the Rams lose this game at home to a division opponent, they have a real uphill climb to the playoffs.

2 minutes ago, dakimbell said:

fact that he is missing this game tells me the injury is pretty darn serious. If the Rams lose this game at home to a division opponent, they have a real uphill climb to the playoffs.

If it so happens they lose, could the posibility of holding him out for more week arise? Or would it be quite the opposite? 

Why is everyone taking McVay’s word for it that it’s not his knee after he lied about Gurley all through the playoffs last year 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

Why is everyone taking McVay’s word for it that it’s not his knee after he lied about Gurley all through the playoffs last year 

We're not.... have you read this thread?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

Why is everyone taking McVay’s word for it that it’s not his knee after he lied about Gurley all through the playoffs last 

Sounds like nobody believes. Where are you getting everyone?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, atrium said:

We're not.... have you read this thread?

Parts of it. 

Guess I misunderstood one of the above posts

8 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

I think the more pertinent question is, what's the real deal?

The more games he misses early in the season, the fresher he'll be for fantasy playoffs. Right guys? Right?????

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

I think the more pertinent question is, what's the real deal?

This all lines up with arthritic knee pain.

> Arthritic knee pain never heals. It can only be managed.

> Activities that make arthritic knee pain worse are running, pressure and contact.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/9/2019 at 7:42 PM, ajs723 said:

This sounds like a lie. No NFL RB is getting an injury designation because of a bruised thigh, lmao. 

Given how dishonest they were last year, I wouldn't be surprised if this was a way bigger deal. 

You can end up with a bruised thigh due to a hamstring strain/tear.  Who knows what happened, Gurley could have Plaxico'ed himself and McVey would say it was a "thigh contusion".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, matthew berry said:

The quad bone's connected to the, Knee bone

the Knee bone's connected to the, calf bone, 

the calf bone's connected to the, ankle bone

Yes i know some of those are soft tissues, just play along with the song.  The point is everything is connected and the injuries will add up.  This is the beginning of the end.  

This is oversimplifying the situation tremendously.  So any injury to Gurley’s lower body is now connected to his knee?

1 hour ago, dakimbell said:

Damien Williams just missed two games with a thigh contusion of whatever it’s called

They invested serious money into Gurley this past off season so they are taking the logical precautions here. I don't think there is anything secretive going on here. 

They invested a high pick (3rd Round) and they signed a quality backup guy to solidify that position. There is no reason to trot Gurley out there if he is at risk for re injury. They have capable options so why not use them if Gurley is banged up?

10 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

This is oversimplifying the situation tremendously.  So any injury to Gurley’s lower body is now connected to his knee?

Damien Williams just missed two games with a thigh contusion of whatever it’s called

Knee/bone bruise 

15 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

If you've ever played sports and played through an injury you would know what when your weak in a certain body part you compensate for that by using your other muscles/tendons/ligaments that aren't affected more. So everything comes around full circle. That weak knee can have an affect on everything else because the rest of the body is trying to overcompensate. 

Just now, StevenSC400 said:

If you've ever played sports and played through an injury you would know what when your weak in a certain body part you compensate for that by using your other muscles/tendons/ligaments that aren't affected more. So everything comes around full circle. That weak knee can have an affect on everything else because the rest of the body is trying to overcompensate. 

Unless you’re a doctor you have no idea whether this is connected to his knee - it’s all just speculation.

Plenty of players get thigh contusions who do not have knee issues.  Gurley’s issue could be the same - we have absolutely no idea

2 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

Unless you’re a doctor you have no idea whether this is connected to his knee - it’s all just speculation.

Plenty of players get thigh contusions who do not have knee issues.  Gurley’s issue could be the same - we have absolutely no idea

Your right no one in the general public knows for sure whats going on Im just saying in general though it is possible it could be related.

Edited by StevenSC400

Supposedly “took a shot” in the Seahawks game. So maybe he took a hit to the thigh that any player could, and it’s not related to his knee. That is if you choose to believe any reports about Gurley coming out of the Rams camp.

Gurley, who had knee issues last season, promptly reported for treatment on the quad injury suffered when he took a “good shot” against the Seahawks last Thursday night.

Edited by gufomel

Why does it even matter if it's related to his knee or not? Yes - he has knee problems, but regardless it's an injury and may shelf him for weeks.  Look at Davante - if Gurley had toe turf I'm sure people would still be chanting "knee, knee, knee". 

spacer.png

• Haha 1