Iron-cock

Todd Gurley 2019 Outlook

Gurley plays, Brown doesn't; Gurley splits with Henderson. Henderson has a breakout vs ATL.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, affliction said:

Gurley plays, Brown doesn't; Gurley splits with Henderson. Henderson has a breakout vs ATL.

Well I have Gurley and Henderson. How about Gurley just sits and brown just sits and this decision is easier for all of us? 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Well I have Gurley and Henderson. How about Gurley just sits and brown just sits and this decision is easier for all of us? 

That would be perfect.

“Gurley was limited in practice on Thursday and Brown was held out with an ankle injury. Sean McVay called Brown “day-to-day” and wouldn’t commit to him playing against Atlanta.

“I would say it’s hard to say. He’s questionable for the game,” McVay said. “I think you want to see some progress to be able to feel good about it. Sometimes these things end up turning the corner pretty quickly, so we’ll use our time on this.”

As for Gurley, McVay said “he’s made good progress,” but wouldn’t say for sure if the running back will play. Gurley didn’t practice at all last week due to his thigh contusion and still hasn’t fully recovered from the injury.“

“McVay liked what he saw from Henderson, for the most part, but also added that there are things the rookie can clean up. He says last week’s action should give Henderson confidence entering this weekend.

“I think it does. I think it gives him, too, confidence – probably just kind of getting his feet wet a little bit,” McVay said. “Really, he played in all situations. He had some different things that, maybe, he got exposed to that we didn’t anticipate as a result of Malcolm taking a little bit of a breather when he ended up tweaking his ankle. He got some things that he can learn from in protection and some of those known passing situations. He got a short-yardage carry that I think we’ll be better on if those things come up. Then he had some real bright spots with a couple of those runs you saw him pop.””

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theramswire.usatoday.com/2019/10/18/nfl-rams-darrell-henderson-gurley-brown-injuries/amp/

Couple of observations:

> Brown has been held out Wed + Thursday now. Doesn’t look good for week 7

> Gurley has been “limited” We’d + Thurs and McVay has twice refused to say if he’ll play week 7

> McVay doesn’t sound like he trusts D Henderson in pass pro and was unhappy with his short yardage work. 

Seems like they are rushing TG back since Brown is not going to play and McVay doesn’t trust DH enough to take on a big role. 

That doesn’t sound like DH is going to have a big role ROS unless both TG AND MB go down.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, smeeze said:

Henderdaddy owners are chugging bleach as we speak. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, smeeze said:

Lets goo!!! not a gurley owner but a rams fan :) 

6 hours ago, affliction said:

(From the Gurley thread)

2 minutes ago, affliction said:

I’m flip flopping on Henderfather about to pick up Mark Walton instead f this 

(From the Henderson thread)

Things change pretty quickly around here huh?

• Haha 7

36 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Henderdaddy owners are chugging bleach as we speak. 

Not I. I got me some Dos Equis ..

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Ddam2013 said:

(From the Gurley thread)

Hell yeah 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Ddam2013 said:

(From the Gurley thread)

Image result for life comes at you fast ferris bueller

1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

I also read the Gurley was limited in practice Friday. Are these facts in conflict? I was surprised to see him removed.

Edited by Mikeyvegas

Just now, Mikeyvegas said:

I also read the Hurley was limited in practice Friday. Are these facts in conflict?

don't shoot the messenger, ol' chap ... this is the latest info to go on 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Just now, Mikeyvegas said:

No shooting I was just curious if anyone had insight into the process.

fair enuff ... dunno what kinda workload he's gonna see (also note that Brown is Doubtful), but we do know he'll be active. 

Sounds like the thigh bruise is healed up. Should be good to go for a full workload.

With how cautious they've been with Gurley since last season, I doubt they would ave cleared him unless he was 100% or close to it. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

Sounds like the thigh bruise is healed up. Should be good to go for a full workload.

You mean the phantom thigh bruise they reported because his arthritic knee was acting up? Yeah, sure...he's good to go. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

7 minutes ago, The G Man said:

You mean the phantom thigh bruise they reported because his arthritic knee was acting up? Yeah, sure...he's good to go. 

Exactly. Gurley's never going to be "good to go" again. 

1 hour ago, The G Man said:

How do you know it’s phantom?

12 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

How do you know it’s phantom?

Nobody knows except for Gurley and the team, but I’m also suspect that it was a bruise that kept him out of a game 10 days later and still has him practicing on a limited basis 15 days later, given his knee issues. Certainly would be easier for McVay to make up an injury rather than say it’s his knee and have to field 100 questions about it again. But yeah nobody here knows

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, owenmills said:

Nobody knows except for Gurley and the team, but I’m also suspect that it was a bruise that kept him out of a game 10 days later and still has him practicing on a limited basis 15 days later, given his knee issues. Certainly would be easier for McVay to make up an injury rather than say it’s his knee and have to field 100 questions about it again. But yeah nobody here knows

Logical statement relatively scarce in this thread, Unless the mountain from game of thrones walloped him in the thigh I am also skeptical.

I believe it’s truly a solid bruised thigh.. until you have a bruised thigh on top of a bum knee you won’t know how much one affects the other.. and w that much money on the line (his contract) you probably want to play it as safe as possible. But in the same sense, they’re obviously going for gold w the Ramsey trade, so I think that shines well upon him. They’re putting all of their eggs in one basket. I can’t see him not getting a lot of run at some point