Iron-cock

Todd Gurley 2019 Outlook

On 11/5/2019 at 5:41 AM, Ryansm11 said:

He’s about to be unleashed my dude 

I think we should revisit this LOL 

• Thanks 1

Doesn’t look like it’s his fault 12 carries 73 yards. Idk what’s up they just don’t give him the ball anymore.

2 hours ago, austin316 said:

How did Gurley look today? Visually

He looks like Gurley running behind a horrendous o-line. 

This just isn’t fun anymore.   I keep waiting.  And waiting.  And waiting.  And waiting. And waiting.  And waiting. And waiting. And waiting.  And waiting.  And waiting.   

1 hour ago, Mikeyvegas said:

Sell 

Problem is you'd have to sell to an absolute moron to get more than pennies on the dollar at this stage, and most of them have stopped checking their rosters by this point in the year.

3 minutes ago, vercrazy said:

Problem is you'd have to sell to an absolute moron to get more than pennies on the dollar at this stage, and most of them have stopped checking their rosters by this point in the year.

Also for a lot of leagues, the deadline was Nov 9th. Not much you can do but just ride it out and hope the offense turns around. At least you aren't dealing with Joe Mixon. His situation looks a lot more bleak.

• Like 1

Looking for a silver lining and having a hard time here...even the handcuff situation is murkey as ever so there's zero safety net.  Only upside I see in this whole mess it its pretty clear now that you can avoid drafting in the future, at least anywhere near the front of the draft.  Next year, when you're staring at the draft board, you know exactly what you will be getting in him as opposed to back in Sept when he was more of a unknown.  Don't think this is an injury that he will ever "bounce" back from to his old self.  DND for me from here on out.

2 hours ago, CletisVanDamme said:

Looking for a silver lining and having a hard time here...

Silver lining is that the Rams season is on the line and they can't afford to limit his touches anymore.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sSektor said:

Silver lining is that the Rams season is on the line and they can't afford to limit his touches anymore.

I hope they force feed him the rock 30 times this week. Make him earn that money

7 minutes ago, Thrill22 said:

I hope they force feed him the rock 30 times this week. Make him earn that money

May as well line him up at QB, can't be any worse than Goff.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, sSektor said:

This is really all I’m hoping for. 

I said it at end of last year.  But jesus Gurley must of hooked up with the Coaches girl.  It's mind boggling you pay him a huge contract and fail to use him when Goff sucks so bad.  At this point I just don't see anything changing.  We are going on almost a full season of this crap now.

I think we are going to see his receptions increase dramatically now. Although o-line is trash- Cooks has already been ruled out and the only thing working for Goff is dumping passes off to Everett. Rams are now third in their division and are still playing for "now". I don't think we will ever see 2017-2018 points again, but I would not be surprised if Gurley gets back into a low RB1 status going forward. Even if they use Henderson more, and Epstein didn't kill himself, I don't see how there are any other options besides utilizing Gurley more for the Rams to have a chance of winning ROS. 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

This is really all I’m hoping for. 

I'm not sure why people still think they are "limiting" his touches. This is just what he's going to get from now on, was pretty clear in the off season (his usage).  The silver lining is he had an up tick in targets I guess. 

He's a solid flex play at this point. Think of him as an Ekeler, Ronald Jones in terms of fantasy points.

Definitely bench-able if you have two stud RB's in front of him but if not, he's worth starting and he'll get you 7-15 points.

As long as you come to terms with that his scoring lines are more tolerable

Edited by NBatum88

36 minutes ago, JSA2422 said:

I'm not sure why people still think they are "limiting" his touches. This is just what he's going to get from now on, was pretty clear in the off season (his usage).  The silver lining is he had an up tick in targets I guess. 

How are they not limiting his touches? He averaged 21 touches per game the last 4 years, but is only getting 15 touches per game this year. It’s pretty obvious they are limiting his touches.

38 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

How are they not limiting his touches? He averaged 21 touches per game the last 4 years, but is only getting 15 touches per game this year. It’s pretty obvious they are limiting his touches.

I think he means this year they aren’t “limiting” them. That basically THIS year that is his new norm. Which I understand. I’d like to get closer to 18 with a few catches a game in this stretch run. I need it. 

• Like 2

2 things that can happen ROS... either the rams unleash gurley and make a run for the playoffs cause they need to make a push right now or they get mathematically eliminated and rest gurley ROS

3 things are going on with the Rams that have nothing to do with Gurley's knee:

1. They lost Saffold (G) and Sullivan? (C) from the o line, plus Whitworth (LT) got old.  The line is terrible. The replacements for the departed G and C haven't been very good, and both are now hurt... so at least we have 2nd/3rd stringers to look forward to.

2.  The Patriots put the blueprint to stop McVay's offense on tape in the Superbowl. They're not fooling anybody anymore.

3.  Goff isn't actually anything special at QB.  He has arm talent, but needs a script.  The combination of 1 and 2 above has torn up the script, and Goff can't do improv.

I wouldn't worry about Gurley's knee.  It's not the problem.  I'm not even convinced it's a problem at all.

I worry that the offense just really sucks this year... and isn't likely to get better.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It just reminds me of Jeff Fisher version of Gurley from 2016. It just looks like a lost season.