Rotoworld.com Forums

Tom Brady 2019 Outlook

20 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

If Brady was a "system" QB then all those teams over the last 20 years who haven't been able to find a QB would use the Patriots system. Its not all cheating, there's some x's and o's.

System QB argument is for braindead casual fans that hate Brady for whatever reason. They somehow come to the conclusion that coaches would rather willingly lose than stoop to using the Pats offense. There's no honor in well-timed short-mid range throws to undersized receivers so other teams wouldn't use it.

• Like 1
  • Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It depends what your definition of GOAT is. Honestly, i'm not too into NFL history like I am with the NBA so I can only speak from guys i've seen.  PERSONALLY, I rather have Rodgers and Manning.

Wow, you "Seattle sychophants" are angry people. I cannot stand Boston sports fans for the most part, but how about giving them the respect of calling them fans instead of "sychophants"? Lik

Logic always goes out the window when discussing Brady because if you don't like him you've already made up your mind on this years ago and nothing will change your opinion.. he could win two more Sup

Pats perspective:

Brady should go.  At this point in his career he needs everyone around him to win their individual matchup in order to find success.  Needs the line to hold up, needs the receivers to win and create space.  He has no willingness to throw 50/50 balls.  For example, if DK Metcalf were on the Pats instead of Harry, I believe you could likely flip their statistics.  Wilson gives guys a chance down field, Brady will not throw it unless you're open, partially because he does not throw good deep balls.  With Bill Belichick the Patriots should contend for the Division every single year, with or without Tom Brady.  For Brady to thrive they'd need to spend considerably to bolster the weapons around him.  They'd be better off giving Stidham a shot, bolster the supporting cast, and worse case you see what you have in Stidham and know whether you need a future QB.  Best case, they sleepwalk to another division title.

Brady perspective:

He's a tortured soul, because he's constantly left money on the table for the team to spend elsewhere.  But this is how you win in the NFL, you can't have a QB eating 40% of the cap, and Brady knows this.  But at the same time he probably feels he's not getting the respect and wants to prove he can win without Bill B.  Aside from 1 season of Moss, he's shown little ability to make WR better outside the hashes.  WR are really just chess pieces that highlight a weakness in the defense for the Patriots offense.  Brady is the best at knowing pre-snap where to go.  I don't see that translating with a new offense he needs to learn, so likely if he went anywhere it'd have to be a team LOADED offensively, and he'd have to really change his style to more of a risk taker.  But the downside is becoming Philip Rivers.  I also think he takes pride in being with the Patriots organization his entire career, and when it comes down to it he wants Bill and the organization to surround him with talent and pay him at the same time.  Any resigning of Brady would likely come with some type of informal agreement to be buyers in free agency.

Prediction:

Brady re-signs for 2 years, the team signs Antonio Brown in the offseason, and trades for one of the Eagles Tight Ends.  I just don't see Robert Kraft agreeing to let Tom Brady play anywhere else without a considerable fight.

• Like 3

He's the 4th highest paid player in NFL history. If he plays next year he'll pass Peyton for 3rd; if he plays two more years he'll pass Eli for 2nd. They obviously got much bigger first contracts than he did being #1 overall picks versus a 6th rounder. I think he's done better financially than many of you think.

15 minutes ago, Div1726 said:

He's the 4th highest paid player in NFL history. If he plays next year he'll pass Peyton for 3rd; if he plays two more years he'll pass Eli for 2nd. They obviously got much bigger first contracts than he did being #1 overall picks versus a 6th rounder. I think he's done better financially than many of you think.

I think the bigger issue is him taking less than he can but Bill basically never using it to buffer the offense with free agent talent.

37 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

$40 mil for an old QB who can't play anymore?  I think BB will threaten to walk away if Kraft tries to force that through.

4 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

If Tom wants to help run the show, I don't think Bill is going to go for that.

If you say so 

3 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

If Tom wants to help run the show, I don't think Bill is going to go for that.

Bill benched arguably his best cornerback for missing curfew in a superbowl that Brady threw for 500+ yards and lost. He does whatever he wants no matter what it costs.

9 hours ago, cashvillesent said:

I'm kinda hoping Brady moves on and gets exposed in a different team for who he truly is, and that is a system QB.

^ This is one of the reasons it doesn't make sense for Brady to ever leave New England.

There's nothing to gain from leaving - you can't go from GOAT to GOAT-er.

But if you go elsewhere when you're simply declining cause of age and don't perform well, the whole 'System QB' and 'dependent on Belichick' arguments start creeping back in.

10 hours ago, BMcP said:

LOL at the thought of Brady agreeing to mentor a younger QB.

exactly, he doesnt mentor them him competes against them and shows them they dont have a chance of taking the job away from him 😂

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Spyplane said:

If Brady was a "system" QB then all those teams over the last 20 years who haven't been able to find a QB would use the Patriots system. Its not all cheating, there's some x's and o's.

Hes an okay QB. He's made a living throwing duck 15 yards intermediate passes. He has no zip on the ball and floats it like an air balloon.

Edited by cashvillesent
20 minutes ago, cashvillesent said:

Hes an okay QB. He's made a living throwing duck 15 yards intermediate passes. He has no zip on the ball and floats it like an air balloon.

Brady can def give the ball zip in tight spots.

3 hours ago, Div1726 said:

Nobody is saying he hasn't made alot of money.  Its just he never had a pay me contract(wilson, rodgers, ryan).  Always taking more team friendly contracts.  On a per year average he is not even in top 10.  For probably the best QB over the last 20 years that is taking far below market value.

• Like 1

Brady has been a dink and dunk passer his Whole career. He is the Master at the short and intermidiate passing game picking apart secondaries. He has never been a gun slinger like Brees or winston to name a couple gun slingers. The ONLY year I can remember him slinging it deep alot was when he had a WR that had some sort of legit talent and understood the offense and same page as Brady. That WR was Moss.

3 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Brady has been a dink and dunk passer his Whole career. He is the Master at the short and intermidiate passing game picking apart secondaries. He has never been a gun slinger like Brees or winston to name a couple gun slingers. The ONLY year I can remember him slinging it deep alot was when he had a WR that had some sort of legit talent and understood the offense and same page as Brady. That WR was Moss.

Yeah and that was a decade ago. The guy is not really a gunslinger. You could argue Brady and Garoppolo are pretty much alike.

Edited by cashvillesent
1 minute ago, cashvillesent said:

Yeah and that was a decade ago. The guy is not really a gunslinger. You could argue Brady and Garoppolo are pretty much alike.

I guarantee if Antonio Brown was on the team Brady would have actually threw a hell of alot more Deep bombs to Brown with a HIGH catch percentage . Even at his old age. Its all about the talent around him IMO 

but yea JimmyG does dink around alot like Brady.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, youngrice said:

Nobody is saying he hasn't made alot of money.  Its just he never had a pay me contract(wilson, rodgers, ryan).  Always taking more team friendly contracts.  On a per year average he is not even in top 10.  For probably the best QB over the last 20 years that is taking far below market value.

If the goal from the start was for him to take a little less money so that the Patriots could build a great team around him for a really, really long period of time in NFL terms, then I can't imagine he has any regrets. Cohesive offensive line play and having receivers that can adjust routes under pressure has extended his earning years significantly. 17 straight 10+ win seasons. He'll be able to do whatever he wants post career as well.

Luck got a "pay me" contract too and experienced the downside of going that route.

2 hours ago, Div1726 said:

If the goal from the start was for him to take a little less money so that the Patriots could build a great team around him for a really, really long period of time in NFL terms, then I can't imagine he has any regrets. Cohesive offensive line play and having receivers that can adjust routes under pressure has extended his earning years significantly. 17 straight 10+ win seasons. He'll be able to do whatever he wants post career as well.

Luck got a "pay me" contract too and experienced the downside of going that route.

I highly doubt Brady has any regrets.  Make over 200 mil, 6 superbowl wins, 3 mvp's and a supermodel wife that is worth over 400 mil.  All amazing accomplishments.

20 hours ago, cashvillesent said:

Then what's stopping you from playing for the Patriots? Come on, I need a sleeper for my roster next year. We all do. We need you!

21 hours ago, cashvillesent said:

Whatever works.

Why doesn't every QB just do that and be the GOAT?

• Like 1