urban2014

Tom Brady 2019 Outlook

6 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Not to mention he threw for over 500 yards without his 2 best receivers against the Eagles and the Pats still lost. But if you hate Brady you can just pretend that game doesn't exist.

Are you going to pretend like the other games don't exist? He was flat our horrible last year in the Super Bowl and they won. Take that as a balancing game. His first ring he won he was horrible as well. Hell, for his first few rings he was mediocre across the board in the AFCC and SB. 

The guyis 14th in career playoff passer rating. Rodgers is 4th.

I don't get why it's such a big deal. The dudes overrated. So what? It's more power to the Patriots for being one of the best organizations in sports history with one of the best coaches in sports history. Your QB is one of the most overrated in history big deal. You put Rodgers in his shoes and the dude would have a ring for each finger. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Are you going to pretend like the other games don't exist? He was flat our horrible last year in the Super Bowl and they won. Take that as a balancing game. His first ring he won he was horrible as well. Hell, for his first few rings he was mediocre across the board in the AFCC and SB. 

I don't get why it's such a big deal. The dudes overrated. So what? It's more power to the Patriots for being one of the best organizations in sports history with one of the best coaches in sports history. Your QB is one of the most overrated in history big deal. You put Rodgers in his shoes and the dude would have a ring for each finger. 

I think you mean if you put TB in Rodgers shoes GB would have multiple titles.

ARod is not in any discussion of the greatest QB ever unless it is entirely physical skill set based.

Edited by dmb3684
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Brady has played in 41 playoff games and Rodgers has played less than half that. Are we not doing sample size anymore? Matt Ryan and Nick Foles being in the top 10 on that list gives you an idea of how important sample size was in those rankings.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Brady has played in 41 playoff games and Rodgers has played less than half that. Are we not doing sample size anymore? Matt Ryan and Nick Foles being in the top 10 on that list gives you an idea of how important sample size was in those rankings.

Mark Sanchez is 10 and Alex Smith 7.

2 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Mark Sanchez is 10 and Alex Smith 7.

Alex Smith and Nick Foles are also better than Joe Montana according to that list and his logic.

@Gohawks

Aaron Rodgers superbowl win stats: 304 yards and 3 TDs

"Game manager" era Tom Brady in his second superbowl that the "defense carried him" : 354 yards and 3 TDs

Ya really hate to see it

• Like 2

21 hours ago, fletch44 said:

Is this some kind of satire I'm missing ?He's was just really tall and average.  My god. Duncan is probably one of the top 20 players to ever play the game. 

If I just looked at stats and rings without watching the games, I'd probably have said Duncan is a top 20 player also.  But I watch the games buddy.  From Duncan's era, there's about 10-15 players I could swap out for Timmy and replicate his numbers and perceived hall of fame career.   In fact, from the same draft, had the Spurs ended up with the #2 pick, we'd be comparing Brady  to Keith Van Horn.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, sSektor said:

Didn't you get the memo? This thread is filled with illogical Brady hatred and you're supposed to leave logic and reality at the door.

Edited by ThreadKiller
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, K197040 said:

If I just looked at stats and rings without watching the games, I'd probably have said Duncan is a top 20 player also.  But I watch the games buddy.  From Duncan's era, there's about 10-15 players I could swap out for Timmy and replicate his numbers and perceived hall of fame career.   

You are on an island with this take dude. Duncan was awesome. Did everything right. Im assuming he just wasn't flashy enough for you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Are people un-ironically trying to compared NFL QBs to NBA players? The lengths people on fantasy football forums go to to try and prove their points lol

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

You are on an island with this take dude. Duncan was awesome. Did everything right. Im assuming he just wasn't flashy enough for you.

No, I don't equate flashiness with being a great player.   A lot of people like to crown guys like Jordan as "best ever" because they just see the high flying dunks.   I'm not in that camp.   Substance over style.   

4 minutes ago, K197040 said:

No, I don't equate flashiness with being a great player.   A lot of people like to crown guys like Jordan as "best ever" because they just see the high flying dunks.   I'm not in that camp.   Substance over style.   

So Tim Duncan doesn't have substance? He's one of the top 50 players of all time. Literally everyone that covers the NBA agrees. So either EVERYONE is wrong and you are right.. 

Or the complete opposite.

7 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

So Tim Duncan doesn't have substance? He's one of the top 50 players of all time. Literally everyone that covers the NBA agrees. So either EVERYONE is wrong and you are right.. 

Or the complete opposite.

Top 50 of all time.   What does that even mean?   It's just a list for people who like lists.  

Guys like Duncan and Hakeem are consistently overrated.   You think if Duncan was 5'5" he'd be an "all time great".  

I'm pretty sure if I was 6'11", we'd be talking about me in this thread.   Actually not because we'd be comparing me in the Mahomes thread. 

4 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Top 50 of all time.   What does that even mean?   It's just a list for people who like lists.  

Guys like Duncan and Hakeem are consistently overrated.   You think if Duncan was 5'5" he'd be an "all time great".  

I'm pretty sure if I was 6'11", we'd be talking about me in this thread.   Actually not because we'd be comparing me in the Mahomes thread. 

This actually made me laugh out loud. Thanks!

What if Tom Brady was 5'9"? He probably wouldn't even be in the NFL! HAHAHA is this really the direction this thread is going? Random, outlandish what ifs that make no sense that a few are trying to pass off as fact?

If Tim Duncan wasn't Tim Duncan, then he wouldn't be Tim Duncan! Hahaha ok...?

Edited by ThreadKiller

1 minute ago, ThreadKiller said:

This actually made me laugh out loud. Thanks!

What if Tom Brady was 5'9"? He probably wouldn't even be in the NFL! HAHAHA is this really the direction this thread is going? Random, outlandish what ifs that make no sense that a few are trying to pass off as fact?

If Tim Duncan wasn't Tim Duncan, then he wouldn't be Tim Duncan. Hahaha ok?

Once again you missed my point.   Tim Duncan was only good because he was TALL.   There are some tall players that would still be good if they were short.  And some short players that would still be good if they were tall.   If Steve Nash would have been 7', he would have been unstoppable.  Tim Duncan at 5'5"?  Not so much.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Once again you missed my point.   Tim Duncan was only good because he was TALL.   There are some tall players that would still be good if they were short.  And some short players that would still be good if they were tall.   If Steve Nash would have been 7', he would have been unstoppable.  Tim Duncan at 5'5"?  Not so much.

Lol thats ridiculous.  Every center would of sucked if they weren't TALL.  Hell all Shaq could do was dunk.  Unlike Duncan he had no shot or go to move.  Duncan was very fundamentally sound player.  Some would say one of the best ever.

Edited by youngrice

21 minutes ago, K197040 said:

You think if Duncan was 5'5" he'd be an "all time great".  

I dont even know how to respond to this line of thinking. You can say that about every athlete ever that isnt a jockey.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, youngrice said:

Lol thats ridiculous.  Every center would of sucked if they weren't TALL.  Hell all Shaq could do was dunk.  Unlike Duncan he had no shot or go to move.  Duncan was very fundamentally sound player.  Some would say one of the best ever.

Moving the goalposts I see.   Ok..what if Nash was still 6' but had a 7' wingspan?   With his ball handling, passing, and 3 point shooting, he'd be the best ever when you add boards to that.    On the other hand, let's leave Duncan at 7' but give him Spud Webb's arms.   Or maybe Mark Price's.   He wouldn't be perceived to be "fundamentally sound" at that point.  

I mean...my daughter's Upwards team was all fundamentally sound.  But I'm not holding my breath for any of them to go pro.  Because?  None of them are 7' tall.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Once again you missed my point.   Tim Duncan was only good because he was TALL.   

Ok, you have to be trolling at this point.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dmb3684 said:

I dont even know how to respond to this line of thinking. You can say that about every athlete ever that isnt a jockey.

Simone Biles is only 4'8".   Is the "best ever"?  I don't know.  

16 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Every center or PF that has ever played in the NBA would not be good at 5'5". This says nothing about Tim Duncan

Plus Duncan choked on the FT line in critical situations.  It was maddening.

9 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Moving the goalposts I see.   Ok..what if Nash was still 6' but had a 7' wingspan?   With his ball handling, passing, and 3 point shooting, he'd be the best ever when you add boards to that.    On the other hand, let's leave Duncan at 7' but give him Spud Webb's arms.   Or maybe Mark Price's.   He wouldn't be perceived to be "fundamentally sound" at that point.  

I mean...my daughter's Upwards team was all fundamentally sound.  But I'm not holding my breath for any of them to go pro.  Because?  None of them are 7' tall.

Yeah and if Kareem had Webb's arms the most unstoppable shot ever would of been blocked every time.  Its a ridiculous argument.

Just now, youngrice said:

Yeah and if Kareem had Webb's arms the most unstoppable shot ever would of been blocked every time.

I like it.  But what if he also had Webb's vertical?   Lol at the thought of a 7'2" dude with tiny arms that can jump out of the gym. 

If I wasn't so lazy, I'd Photoshop something.