Rotoworld.com Forums

Tom Brady 2019 Outlook

18 minutes ago, devaster said:

He took a chance on red flag riddled Moss as well. It is what he does. Really depends on the FA market. They could potentially get AJ Green.

Not if they’re paying their QB $30M.

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It depends what your definition of GOAT is. Honestly, i'm not too into NFL history like I am with the NBA so I can only speak from guys i've seen.  PERSONALLY, I rather have Rodgers and Manning.

Wow, you "Seattle sychophants" are angry people. I cannot stand Boston sports fans for the most part, but how about giving them the respect of calling them fans instead of "sychophants"? Lik

Logic always goes out the window when discussing Brady because if you don't like him you've already made up your mind on this years ago and nothing will change your opinion.. he could win two more Sup

1 hour ago, BMcP said:

Not if they’re paying their QB $30M.

Have you not seen the latest blurb on Tom Brady? He would still give a discount with guarantees tbey Upgrade around him.

Edited by SyNdicateZ
30 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Have you not seen the latest blurb on Tom Brady? He would still give a discount with guarantees tbey Upgrade around him.

I did.  It made no mention of a “discount” being offered.  Nor did the original Giardi tweet.

But explain how’d you like the dynasty to be upgraded.

Gronk's retirement that he did not then undo really caught the Pats with their pants around their ankles.  Brady to Gronk was often the X factor to get them out of tight spots.

17 hours ago, BMcP said:

I did.  It made no mention of a “discount” being offered.  Nor did the original Giardi tweet.

But explain how’d you like the dynasty to be upgraded.

Anything is an upgrade over the crap we had. Sign me off the street for dirt and id consider that an upgrade at the wr position thats how bad it was.

DB is most certainly not a “problem area” (especially when comparing the rest of the team’s needs) or about to become one either.

Gilmore, Jackson, Jones, Harmon, Williams among others due to be back. Safety is a need aside Harmon, but it’s hardly a “problem area”. In fact I’d argue that that list of CBs is better than what a majority of teams have.

Edited by ThreadKiller
2 hours ago, sSektor said:

You should see the list of 2nd round DB reaches the last 15 years.

You ain’t kiddin’! Wheatley, Jones, Dowling ti name a few. Sheesh! UFA like Butler and Jackson have been huge to compensate. But imagine if any of those 2nd rounders weren’t completely worthless?

Edited by ThreadKiller

Starting safety tandem of McCourty (FA) and Chung about to enter their age-33 season.  Gilmore and Brady will probably single-handedly account for a quarter of their cap space.  Jason McCourty missing a large portion of the season, coming off groin surgery, and entering his age-33 season is no guarantee to have his option picked up.  Analysts already mocking Delpit to the Patriots.

I have to say it’s something that should be an area to target in the upcoming draft/FA period.

You’re mentioning the McCourtys but not mentioning the youth on the roster that has set them up very well at the CB position. They could certainly use a replenishing of the safety position but again, that’s hardly from a “problem area” especially in comparison with the rest of the team’s needs.

Gilmore making money doesn’t make him part of a problem area. He’s the best CB in the NFL. They could ignore the CB position in draft and still be a top 5 CB unit in the NFL.

I guess it comes down to how “problem area” is defined. To me, WR and TE are “problem areas”. DB isn’t even close to being on that level. A position that needs addressing? Yes. A problem area? Easy no. Let’s say they take Delpit though. Their entire secondary is likely elite with him in the fold. You don’t solve problem areas with one player. To me, “problem area” means a rehaul of talent is required to compete. Not the case here.

The cap is set to break 200. What does Brady and Gilmore’s combined potential cap hit (it won’t be 1/4) have to do with the state of the DB room?

Edited by ThreadKiller

If you think the Pats are set at DB, you still have to deal with the impending departures of Shelton and Butler on the line, and no more Van Noy and Collins at LB.  I guess the takeaway is they have a ton of patching to do on defense even before they address the lackluster offense.

Thread?  Come on now, at this point.

Even admitting, hypothetically, the Pats have no work to do on defense, losing Van Noy and Collins is going to be hard to deal with.  Gotta hope they keep Dont’a.

1 hour ago, BMcP said:

Thread?  Come on now, at this point.

Even admitting, hypothetically, the Pats have no work to do on defense, losing Van Noy and Collins is going to be hard to deal with.  Gotta hope they keep Dont’a.

You’re putting words in my mouth, man so I’m thinking maybe you’re misunderstanding me. The only points I am disputing here are that their DB core is a “problem area”, that Gilmore/Brady cap hit are causes of DB core being a “problem area”, and that Shelton and Butler are critical losses.

I fully agree and acknowledge that this team has lots of holes and will have a very busy offseason if they want to get back to where they need to be. My only point was to refute your point that the DB room was one of the critical areas of concern. It’s not. Though they have other problem areas of major concern.

Nowhere did I downplay the potential loss of Van Noy and Collins for example. Note they aren’t part of the DB core either...

Areas of bigger concern (imo) than DB:

QB (tho I think Brady stays)

Defensive line

LB (if Van Noy and Collins leave)

WR

TE

Edited by ThreadKiller
  • Like 1

Two Big losses for the Pats blocking last year was losing Devlin and the TE on the roster not blocking anything...Add that to losing the starting C (for the season) and Wynn for most of the season lead to both lack of time for the WR to get separation and RB being hit in the backfield...I'm pretty sure the D will be fine next year