Rotoworld.com Forums

Tom Brady 2019 Outlook

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It depends what your definition of GOAT is. Honestly, i'm not too into NFL history like I am with the NBA so I can only speak from guys i've seen.  PERSONALLY, I rather have Rodgers and Manning.

Wow, you "Seattle sychophants" are angry people. I cannot stand Boston sports fans for the most part, but how about giving them the respect of calling them fans instead of "sychophants"? Lik

Logic always goes out the window when discussing Brady because if you don't like him you've already made up your mind on this years ago and nothing will change your opinion.. he could win two more Sup

21 minutes ago, Rickydragon said:

Got burned by that idiot AB.  Now the offense is going to be dinking and dunking.  They don’t have any weapons that stretch the field and Brady’s arm might fall off if he tries to throw it far

So you're saying that the only reason they're dinking and dunking is because they don't have someone to stretch the field, but that if they had someone to stretch the field they would still dink and dunk because Brady can't throw a deep ball?

spacer.png

• Haha 5
20 minutes ago, vercrazy said:

So you're saying that the only reason they're dinking and dunking is because they don't have someone to stretch the field, but that if they had someone to stretch the field they would still dink and dunk because Brady can't throw a deep ball?

spacer.png

Oh my classic and he is busted.  😁

2 hours ago, vercrazy said:

spacer.png

Brady would put up better stats with AB on his team

Have a feeling this will be a sloppy, run first game with few passing yards and TD's. I am going up against the Sony Michel owner too...

On paper this is a dream matchup but the weather will play a factor. Then again, Brady is the GOAT, so that could also be irrelevant.

Really depends what your other options are. NYG are not going to remotely put up a fight and it's a short week. Metlife is usually breezy as it is, so if this system blows in tomorrow night it may trend towards levels of actually affecting the passing game. 

7 minutes ago, NyZD said:

This is going to be a Sony Michel game writing is on the wall. 

I want to agree, but since NYG have beaten the Pats in 2 SB's, always have to wonder if BB wants to run up the score? I do think Michel will have a good amount of touches / targets though.

1 hour ago, kidsgotsoul said:

Really depends what your other options are. NYG are not going to remotely put up a fight and it's a short week. Metlife is usually breezy as it is, so if this system blows in tomorrow night it may trend towards levels of actually affecting the passing game. 

Games is in Gillette not Metlife but your point is still valid, I do see the wind affecting the passing game. I have Jones and Brady so I have to roll with Brady anyway

• Like 1
1 hour ago, hockeyfan77 said:

Games is in Gillette not Metlife but your point is still valid, I do see the wind affecting the passing game. I have Jones and Brady so I have to roll with Brady anyway

Ah brain fart. Thanks for the correction. In any event, need to pay attention to what the wind ends up doing. Don't believe if really affects performances until 20+ mph. 

47 minutes ago, Mattice1 said:

Exactly what Bill wants the Giants to think. Never know what the Pats will do or who they will do it with and Bill likes it that way. 

X100.

Could be a Rex game for all we know.

21 hours ago, Rickydragon said:

I guess but nyg is one of the easiest match ups.  He could easily shred them at will.  The total being so low might have more to do with nyg’s entire offense being injured.  They’re expected to get shut out

Yeah, I thought this too.  41 points is a low over/under but how many points do you think the bookies expect NYG to score against the Pats D without Saquon, Gallman, Engram, etc.?  Like 10 max?  That puts the Pats at 31 points.

17 hours ago, kidsgotsoul said:

Ah brain fart. Thanks for the correction. In any event, need to pay attention to what the wind ends up doing. Don't believe if really affects performances until 20+ mph. 

There have been actual statistical studies on the impact of wind and, yes, 20+ mph is the threshold where they say fantasy points get significantly lowered.

18 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

There have been actual statistical studies on the impact of wind and, yes, 20+ mph is the threshold where they say fantasy points get significantly lowered.

Looking at the weather reports, there are 20+ MPH gusts projected this morning, but gametime is predicted to be 13 MPH winds with 17 MPH gusts, moving to 12/15 by the end of the game.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/gillette-stadium-ma/02035/hourly-weather-forecast/53587_poi

We all know Brady has played with a chip on his shoulder ever since being drafted and 2 of his 3 super bowl losses are to the Eli led Giants in heartbreak fashion ala Tyree Helmet Catch and Manningham sideline catch.  Anyone think Brady and the Pats play like they're gunning for BCS rankings and run up the score and demoralize the Giants?  I know it would seem kinda bush league to not let up but that's never been in the DNA of the Pats anyways?   

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, LouDawg said:

We all know Brady has played with a chip on his shoulder ever since being drafted and 2 of his 3 super bowl losses are to the Eli led Giants in heartbreak fashion ala Tyree Helmet Catch and Manningham sideline catch.  Anyone think Brady and the Pats play like they're gunning for BCS rankings and run up the score and demoralize the Giants?  I know it would seem kinda bush league to not let up but that's never been in the DNA of the Pats anyways?   

They do that to everyone anyway.