urban2014

Tom Brady 2019 Outlook

They’re calling for heavy rain and wind in New England on Sunday. 

it took two QB sneak TDs for Brady to get his numbers against the Giants and the weather was only mildly inclement. 

Definitely something to monitor. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, johnnyboy8102 said:

Might have to start Kyler in that matchup. 

Going with Kyler here. The weather is scarring me off Tom this week. 

5 hours ago, johnnyboy8102 said:

How does everyone feel about starting Brady this week? Weather isn’t an issue and volume will be there as well. 

I was nervous about the Baltimore d but I mean you can’t bench Brady with how many turnovers his defense gets. I expect Lamar Jackson to make mistakes and maybe Brady gets a couple free red zone opportunities to still have a good game

Are we genuinely concerned here? Through the last few weeks or so he has just been meh. Does he slow down even more as the season goes on and weather changes?

[...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

2 minutes ago, gmoneypm said:

Are we genuinely concerned here? Through the last few weeks or so he has just been meh. Does he slow down even more as the season goes on and weather changes?

[...]

No. The game scripts are about to change into Brady's favor. No more cakewalks for this fraud of a defense. Brady going to be slinging 

Weeks 13-15 look pretty good.  But you might be better off streaming good match ups.  A dead arm qb with no weapons is a risky play.  

40 minutes ago, smetana34 said:

No. The game scripts are about to change into Brady's favor. No more cakewalks for this fraud of a defense. Brady going to be soft tossing

Fixed

That deep ball INT last night was comical.  Brady's arm strength is like a 2 on a 1 to 10 scale at this point.  

But, at Brady's age, I'm more worried that the big problem on the deep throws isn't as much as he can't throw it that far as that he can't see that far anymore...  🤣

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

That deep ball INT last night was comical.  Brady's arm strength is like a 2 on a 1 to 10 scale at this point.  

But, at Brady's age, I'm more worried that the big problem on the deep throws isn't as much as he can't throw it that far as that he can't see that far anymore...  🤣

So, maybe Flash wasn't the problem? That's all I heard when he got cut. Nothing about Brady, just how Flash was late to meetings and wasn't really producing. But it is probably Tom Brady who can't hit the ocean on a deep ball.

4 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

I agree, and I'm no fanboy of Brady but in his defense it was on a long 3rd down and could have just been an pseudo arm-punt that just backfired when Thomas returned it 30 yards.  Also, he's been a terrible deep ball thrower for nearly a decade now.

Brady's problem in my opinion, is what it always is, if you can get pressure up the middle (particularly with your front 4) and force him to move laterally he's not good.  He very rarely makes a play off schedule.  He's played in some variant of the same offense for 20 years, when he's on schedule with his short to intermediate reads getting the ball out before 3 seconds, he could be 80 years old throwing it and still find success.  But any variable into that equation and he is a mere mortal that makes his age look more of a factor.  Not many teams in the league can get the kind of pressure, or spook him enough, to make him look as bad as he did, but when they do he looks really bad.  San Fran would eat their lunch.

• Like 1

The Patriots were in the Redzone multiple times and came away with FG and a rushing TD. Then the Ravens ate up the whole 4th Quarter and the Patriots defense could not get off the field. Brady missed out on a lot of fantasy production. 

32 minutes ago, roscobangs said:

Someone needs to step up as a red zone target.

This, and the O-Line needs to step up and give him more time

34 minutes ago, roscobangs said:

Someone needs to step up as a red zone target.

4 hours ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

I agree, and I'm no fanboy of Brady but in his defense it was on a long 3rd down and could have just been an pseudo arm-punt that just backfired when Thomas returned it 30 yards.  Also, he's been a terrible deep ball thrower for nearly a decade now.

Brady's problem in my opinion, is what it always is, if you can get pressure up the middle (particularly with your front 4) and force him to move laterally he's not good.  He very rarely makes a play off schedule.  He's played in some variant of the same offense for 20 years, when he's on schedule with his short to intermediate reads getting the ball out before 3 seconds, he could be 80 years old throwing it and still find success.  But any variable into that equation and he is a mere mortal that makes his age look more of a factor.  Not many teams in the league can get the kind of pressure, or spook him enough, to make him look as bad as he did, but when they do he looks really bad.  San Fran would eat their lunch.

This is the best description I've seen on Brady/New England here. It happens every year where there is at least one or two games where Brady is completely frustrated and heaves desperation passes and the lynch mob gets their ropes and declares his career over.

Brady has not gotten his success off of his athleticism nor his arm strength, but rather his brain (captain obvious, I know) so when you force Brady to make athletic plays and get him moving it's usually bad news for the Patriots. For fantasy purposes he is a guy who you always need to check the schedule and not be afraid to stream someone else when he plays a good pass rush, especially on the road.

19 minutes ago, johnnyboy8102 said:

Now with Sanu out, does anyone have any confidence in starting Brady this week? 

Confidence? I dropped him after that stinker last week.

Confidence?