urban2014

Tom Brady 2019 Outlook

30 minutes ago, hockeyfan77 said:

But when teams take both away like the Texans(double Edleman and put a DB on White) who is he supposed to throw too?  

I agree the weapons are lackluster (especially at TE) outside of those 2 players. Im just pointing out that Brady being 4th in passing yards isnt necessarily an indication of being good. Goff, Rivers, and Winston are also top 5 in yards would you say those QBs have played well this season? Lots of volume vs bad teams isnt impressive.

Having the "worst receiving weapons in the league" is a major overstatement. Brady isnt playing for the 2017 Bears, 2018 Bills or this years Redskins. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, BMcP said:

Edelman is one of the most reliable, shifty, sure-handed receivers in the league.  White is arguably the best satellite back in the NFL.  Has Gabriel even been a factor this year?

I guess we’ll have to agree to disagree - Miller probably provides the Bears with a modest talent edge, but I just don’t see this chasm of a talent disparity that you’re suggesting exists.

Lol you're saying that a slot receiver and pass catching rb = good receiving corps? Are you delusional? This by far the worst wr core bradys ever had to work with. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Evincar said:

Having the "worst receiving weapons in the league" is a major overstatement.

That probably is. But the combination of those weapons, bad o-line play, and bad running is definitely bottom 5 right now. And TE might as well be nonexistent for the Pats this season.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BigBenTheSteelerMan said:

Lol you're saying that a slot receiver and pass catching rb = good receiving corps? Are you delusional? This by far the worst wr core bradys ever had to work with. 

LOL when or where did I say that?  I was merely stating that the Bears offensive players aren’t so much better than the Patriots in terms of raw talent as to not even being capable of comparison.  If you disagree, feel free to provide evidence in support of your view.

10 hours ago, BigBenTheSteelerMan said:

I know it is head scratching to  think that people are elevating white+edelman as some sort of unstoppable force of pass catching talent on par with the leagues pass catching studs in those positions. These guys are solid role players that are excellent fits for the offense but not transcendent talent that defenses fear.

When AB+Gordon+DT were the starting wr's  half the world was ready to hand the Pats another SB ring and the other half was complaining about how unfair it was😂

Edited by dashoe

2 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I know it is head scratching to  think that people are elevating white+edelman as some sort of unstoppable force of pass catching talent on par with the leagues pass catching studs in those positions. These guys are solid role players that are excellent fits for the offense but not transcendent talent that defenses fear.

When AB+Gordon+DT were the starting wr's  half the world was ready to hand the Pats another SB ring and the other half was complaining about how unfair it was😂

Who’s elevating them to that level?  You’re making it sound like, if Edelman and White were traded to another team, their production would fall off a cliff.  Both of those players are exceptionally talented.

If we want to count AB as a Patriot, that’s fine - his talent is off the charts.  Gordon - talented for sure, but limited mainly by the dink-and-dunk scheme the Patriots have crafted to exploit Brady’s current strengths and mask his weaknesses.  I’m not sure why the 2019 version of DT would be scaring anybody.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Who’s elevating them to that level?  

You’re making it sound like, if Edelman and White were traded to another team, their production would fall off a cliff.  Both of those players are exceptionally talented.

If we want to count AB as a Patriot, that’s fine - his talent is off the charts.  Gordon - talented for sure, but limited mainly by the dink-and-dunk scheme the Patriots have crafted to exploit Brady’s current strengths and mask his weaknesses.  I’m not sure why the 2019 version of DT would be scaring anybody.

Yes their production would fall off a cliff; Dion Lewis, Hogan,Blount,Amendola anyone?🤣

Ask yourself a simple question.  Do you think Brady excels better or worse if the skills players with the Bears were swapped with those of the Pats? I'll take the Bears skills players every day of the week. My point from the first post has been ALL of the skills players, u went on a tangent with edelman+white comparisons. I never focused on individual players, I stated ALL as in the COLLECTIVE.

So I will repeat, Brady would dominate if he had the Bears skills players which is why you can't compare his stats to Trubisky's stats as presented by the graphic.  The talent of Trubiskys skills players are elevating his terrible QB play and Brady is elevating the mediocre talent of his skills players.

2 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Yes their production would fall off a cliff; Dion Lewis, Hogan,Blount,Amendola anyone?🤣

Ask yourself a simple question.  Do you think Brady excels better or worse if the skills players with the Bears were swapped with those of the Pats? I'll take the Bears skills players every day of the week. My point from the first post has been ALL of the skills players, u went on a tangent with edelman+white comparisons. I never focused on individual players, I stated ALL as in the COLLECTIVE.

So I will repeat, Brady would dominate if he had the Bears skills players which is why you can't compare his stats to Trubisky's stats as presented by the graphic.  The talent of Trubiskys skills players are elevating his terrible QB play and Brady is elevating the mediocre talent of his skills players.

I actually agreed with you that the Bears skill-position players - as a collective - possessed a modest talent edge.  I disagreed with your notion that it was such a glaring disparity of talent as to not even be in the same ballpark.

Furthermore, I would be cautious in believing that we can accurately gauge the raw talent of NFL players completely independent of context or team situation.  To the very limited extent I can, I would evaluate the Bears as a somewhat more talented group.

My mention of Edelman and White was made in an effort to actually compare the two skills groups - in response to your post.  I don’t understand how that is tangential to the conversation.

9 minutes ago, BMcP said:

I actually agreed with you that the Bears skill-position players - as a collective - possessed a modest talent edge.  I disagreed with your notion that it was such a glaring disparity of talent as to not even be in the same ballpark.

Furthermore, I would be cautious in believing that we can accurately gauge the raw talent of NFL players completely independent of context or team situation.  To the very limited extent I can, I would evaluate the Bears as a somewhat more talented group.

My mention of Edelman and White was made in an effort to actually compare the two skills groups - in response to your post.  I don’t understand how that is tangential to the conversation.

Just now, dashoe said:

If only the WR-starved Patriots hadn’t inexplicably decided to jettison the two game-breaking talents of Josh Gordon and Demaryius Thomas.  To think what might have been....

5 minutes ago, BMcP said:

If only the WR-starved Patriots hadn’t inexplicably decided to jettison the two game-breaking talents of Josh Gordon and Demaryius Thomas.  To think what might have been....

1 minute ago, dashoe said:

Shoe, come on...talk about tangents.

21 hours ago, Evincar said:

Wouldnt most QBs be 4th in passing yards if they had the 2nd most attempts facing an easy schedule? Worst receiving weapons in the league? Are Edleman and White not on the team anymore?

Edelman would be Wes Welker or Amendola on another team with another qb. Basically worthless. Sanu was the 4th option receiver doing nearly nothing for the Falcons. Dorsett was a total reach and then ‘shockingly’ bust with butter hands from Indy, who Brady somehow made semi-decent. Harry has missed the entire season until last week. I dare you to even try and name which practice squad tight end will be playing for the Pats this week. Dude is playing with total schlock and is still 10-2 and 4th in total passing yards. Ya, he’s totally finished. Lmao

Edited by MrPositive
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Harry was legitimately the dumbest possible draft pick for the Pats at WR. They might have actually managed to draft the one bust in what looks to be a loaded WR class. The offensive scheme that values route running and finding soft spots in zone drafted a WR who can't get separation and can barely run a slant. The same team that is allergic to throwing jump balls unless it's to a 6'7 transcendent talent at TE (that is now retired). Of course they cut Gordon so that they could have Gunner return punts (from IR) and trade a 2nd for Sanu to return punts. 

This is the 2013 Pats offense in terms of talent, except Edelman is on the wrong side of 30 this time.

Edited by sSektor

9 hours ago, MrPositive said:

Edelman would be Wes Welker or Amendola on another team with another qb. Basically worthless. Sanu was the 4th option receiver doing nearly nothing for the Falcons. Dorsett was a total reach and then ‘shockingly’ bust with butter hands from Indy, who Brady somehow made semi-decent. Harry has missed the entire season until last week. I dare you to even try and name which practice squad tight end will be playing for the Pats this week. Dude is playing with total schlock and is still 10-2 and 4th in total passing yards. Ya, he’s totally finished. Lmao

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ftw.usatoday.com/2019/12/tom-brady-patriots-offense-struggles/amp

• Haha 1

no way you can start brady even in 2 qb? bill always shut down brady and banged up edelmen. think I have to roll with josh allen @ne. any chance the hoddie can out scheme buf and produce a 2 td day from brady?

[...]

im a firm believer in the notion that if you got to the finals you should start your same lineup that got you there bc it’s all a crapshoot anyway, but the logical part of my brain can’t see any reason to predict even a 10 point game from TB.

that said, my gut says that Tom and bill have one more “eff you you’re still the bills and we are still the pats” game in fox borough left in the tank and so I gotta take that risk. If I had won fitzmagic I may have made the same call, but now I have no other choice

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

On 12/7/2019 at 6:56 PM, MrPositive said:

Reminds me somewhat of the bears last year. Look at all their wins, the opponent hasn’t scored more than 14 points. Coincidentally, when the opponent scores more than 23 points they lose. Also helps that they play in a trash division.

20 hours ago, cyberer said:

[...]

im a firm believer in the notion that if you got to the finals you should start your same lineup that got you there bc it’s all a crapshoot anyway, but the logical part of my brain can’t see any reason to predict even a 10 point game from TB.

that said, my gut says that Tom and bill have one more “eff you you’re still the bills and we are still the pats” game in fox borough left in the tank and so I gotta take that risk. If I had won fitzmagic I may have made the same call, but now I have no other choice

I'm just impressed someone made the championship game using Tom Brady.

My gut would say pick up pretty much any other starting QB and use them instead.

My guess is he retires before he goes to another team.

The legend may never play again.

13 minutes ago, Sivaro said:

My guess is he retires before he goes to another team.

The legend may never play again.

He pretty much said at his presser yesterday he wasn't retiring.

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

He pretty much said at his presser yesterday he wasn't retiring.

I do not think he means it, I think he is trying to pressure the Patriots to get more offensive help.  

He just said the right things for another year with the Patriots.   My bet is he retires if they release him.

Edited by Sivaro

21 minutes ago, Sivaro said:

I do not think he means it, I think he is trying to pressure the Patriots to get more offensive help.  

He just said the right things for another year with the Patriots.   My bet is he retires if they release him.

They would have to sign him first before releasing him. He is an UFA.