urban2014

Brandin Cooks 2019 Outlook

On 9/1/2019 at 3:44 PM, Brownsfan74 said:

Who is the best red zone threat out of the 3 Rams receivers?

Between Kupp, Woods, and Cooks, i'd say the best red zone threat is Kupp. But I'd also say that Josh Reynolds is a good red zone option as well. 

Just heard on the nfl fantasy podcast, a guy who is close to the rams say kupp will be the receiver to own and last place would be cooks...and it’s not even close. I drafted cooks pretty early and was very high on him...so hoping the guy is wrong.

5 hours ago, ellie826 said:

Just heard on the nfl fantasy podcast, a guy who is close to the rams say kupp will be the receiver to own and last place would be cooks...and it’s not even close. I drafted cooks pretty early and was very high on him...so hoping the guy is wrong.

I think he is.  I mean it’s a coin toss.  All three will be viable.  Cooks is the fastest and gets the deep balls.  Also with Gurley limited I wouldn’t be surprised to see Cooks with some run plays like the Rams did in the playoffs.  In my opinion Cooks is the Rams receiver to own but they all should be solid.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, lla887 said:

In my opinion Cooks is the Rams receiver to own but they all should be solid.  

Come down to McVay's, where we have a receiver for you no matter the price point.

• Like 3

I still stray towards Cooks because I still feel he's the most talented of the three.   He's also stayed healthy his whole career.   I fault no one that likes the other two, i still feel they'll all get plenty of share. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BrianM said:

I still stray towards Cooks because I still feel he's the most talented of the three.   He's also stayed healthy his whole career.   I fault no one that likes the other two, i still feel they'll all get plenty of share. 

I think talent wise, everyone knows it is cooks. The thing is Goff loves Kupp and losing him was a big reason why Goff did poorly since Woods went into the slot to replace Kupp and they are not the same type of player. 

9 hours ago, ellie826 said:

Cooks is what he is, big time boom or bust but I will say, they didn't give him all that money for nothing.  He will get his (and is my WR3 on one team because he dropped a little.)

1 hour ago, ellie826 said:

I think talent wise, everyone knows it is cooks. The thing is Goff loves Kupp and losing him was a big reason why Goff did poorly since Woods went into the slot to replace Kupp and they are not the same type of player. 

No argument there.   Kupp's really good and there's definitely a correlation with Goff's decline and Kupp's absence.   

Really i think you dont have to sweat much if you have any of these guys as your WR2/3 depending on how you stacked RB's or TE early.    All will have good games now and then.   

Kupp will help Cooks more than people think.

Edited by sSektor
  • Like 2

The only thing I'm worried about with Rams receivers is that I heard from someone who's affiliated with a Rams employee that Jared Goff cannot read defenses at all and that McVay tells him where to look before the play is called. Matt Patricia figured this out and then Bill followed suit against them...basically you give one look and then audible to a different look and it confuses Goff. Hopefully he's been studying tape...

11 minutes ago, lbjames6 said:

The only thing I'm worried about with Rams receivers is that I heard from someone who's affiliated with a Rams employee that Jared Goff cannot read defenses at all and that McVay tells him where to look before the play is called. Matt Patricia figured this out and then Bill followed suit against them...basically you give one look and then audible to a different look and it confuses Goff. Hopefully he's been studying tape...

That is ridiculous

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, lbjames6 said:

lol!

15 minutes ago, lbjames6 said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/02/04/jared-goff-ill-try-to-learn-from-this-and-get-better/

This article posted after the Super Bowl alludes to it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lbjames6 said:

Yup. It was mentioned during the game also. Rams got up to the line of scrimmage quickly, so McVay could then read the defense and feed the play to Goff before the cutoff. The Pats weren't going to let that happen all the time

Edited by wahl35

1 hour ago, lbjames6 said:

4 minutes ago, wahl35 said:

Yup. It was mentioned during the game also. Rams got up to the line of scrimmage quickly, so McVay could then read the defense and feed the play to Goff before the cutoff. The Pats weren't going to let that happen all the time

Goff calls audibles... remember "Halle Berry"?

6 minutes ago, wahl35 said:

Ugh - if the league catches onto this and uses defensive audibles against the Rams, is there concern that they won't be as good?  They looked like crap in the Superbowl.

If this is true, Goff should be ashamed of himself.

33 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

Ugh - if the league catches onto this and uses defensive audibles against the Rams, is there concern that they won't be as good?  They looked like crap in the Superbowl.

If this is true, Goff should be ashamed of himself.

I’m sure he’s learned from this, he isn’t a dummy.

18 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

I heard otherwise but we'll see.

10 hours ago, lbjames6 said:

Matt Patricia figured this out and then Bill followed suit against them...basically you give one look and then audible to a different look and it confuses Goff.

As far as I know most NFL defenses do this. If you show a cover 3, any QB can call a seam route. So you show one coverage, and then at the snap switch to a different one, trying to catch the Offense. The best QBs can read the defense, call an audible, see the changed defense and still adjust more.

Here's an interesting video on the topic: https://youtu.be/Gu9Jf6V2JwA

20 hours ago, ponchsox said:

I hope he learned where the sun rises and sets...

Goff sucks. If he didn't have arguably the best offensive mind in football he would be Trubisky. He's a puppet and nothing more.

Which also sucks for Cooks. Woods and Kupp are safer throws. Cooks is still going to get his but it'll be up and down which should've been expected. I still think all 3 Rams WRs finish within 3-5 spots of one another. You'll still get a good chunk of those 7/120/1-2 type games from Cooks

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Goff sucks. If he didn't have arguably the best offensive mind in football he would be Trubisky. He's a puppet and nothing more.

Which also sucks for Cooks. Woods and Kupp are safer throws. Cooks is still going to get his but it'll be up and down which should've been expected. I still think all 3 Rams WRs finish within 3-5 spots of one another. You'll still get a good chunk of those 7/120/1-2 type games from Cooks

Sounds like overreaction to 1 game to me..