urban2014

Brandin Cooks 2019 Outlook

42 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

If missing on a 3rd-5th round pick (depending on league size and format) blows up your whole season then you didnt draft well or play the wire well at all

So If I missed on draft picks I didn’t draft well?
Duh! 

Shoulda grabbed kupp. Like I said. 

18 minutes ago, FritzLn said:

Duh! 

You're not scoring as many points if you drafted players scoring less points than before others that are scoring more points!

lol

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TheBoondocks said:

I was juggling benching him over DJ Chark. Going forward that decision has been made for me till he shows me something more on offence.

It's a shame to see him drop to the third receiver in the group. I frankly think he has more talent than Kupp and Woods, but they are clearly favored.

Targeted almost 8 times a game prior to last night. Not sure what you expect?

1 hour ago, FritzLn said:

Duh! 

I know reading comprehension is hard. I'm saying that if missing on one player is enough to tank your whole season then you didn't put together a good team anyways. 

Worst pick of my draft by far. Been trying to package him in a trade.

Hopefully he only misses one week but I am afraid this might be a Taylor Gabriel concussion issue. Gabriel is still in the concussion protocol after getting the concussion in week 3.

I wanna stay optimistic, but it's a bit hard. Clearly Kupp is the lead dog, then it's a motley crew of Woods/Cooks/Everett/Gurley for the remaining targets. Cooks will have the odd good week, it's just going to be hard to pick them.

18 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

Any news on him? I can’t find anything. My entire teams seems to be questionable right.

Limited practice but he's still in the protocol. That's good news if you ask me. What's more concerning is how complacent Goff is at feeding at Kupp. I get why as his safety net, but it turns Cooks into a boom bust option.

WR might be deep but man but there's a lot of names you simply can't trust. My entire team is also questionable as well sigh.

Kupp Targets Weeks 1-5  : 10,  9,  12,  15,  17  Total =63 (avg 12.6)

Woods Targets Weeks 1-5: 13, 2,  8,  15,    9     Total = 47 (avg 9.4)

Cooks Targets Weeks 1-5:  6,  4,  12,  9,    3      Total = 34 (avg 6.8)

You take out week 5 since cook injured and he avgs 7.75 targets a game.  When you all drafted Brandin Cooks can you tell me you drafted him to be 12-15 target guy?  No you drafted him to be your boom/bust stretch the field guy, and with 7.75 targets avg per game that's very possible and has worked out for you 2/5 weeks.  1 Week Injured and 2 serviceable weeks...

Week one a bit disappointing given Goff terrible throws 2 catches from 6 targets but weeks 2 & 3 he outplayed his point projects and gave you what you drafted him to do, in my week 3 he won me my week by 1 point with that Monday night performance of 16 .5 ppr points.  Tampa bay game was one of the weirdest games we've seen with the LAR DST getting torched and yes Goff on the road went to safety blanket players Kupp/Woods and even Everett for short yardage because he was throwing interceptions like crazy.

So really everyone is panicking because 1) Kupp is a monster who didn't slow down due to injury and 2) Cooks maybe lost you week 5 because injured by concussion.  3) You could of picked Kupp over Cooks.

My simple argument is he isn't much of a bust unless you reached for him in your draft, if you took him around your adp he is still getting you value.  Let's hope LAR get rolling again as the season goes on and all 3 WR's will continue to do well.

• Like 1

I Hate that i drafted this guy. To make matters worse I also drafted Gordon. Ive got the boom or bust combo meal.

14 minutes ago, Maxtap said:

I Hate that i drafted this guy. To make matters worse I also drafted Gordon. Ive got the boom or bust combo meal.

Here's a  tissue for all your salty tears

tenor.gif

19 minutes ago, Maxtap said:

Same here, took Cooks over Godwin. Granted it was an Evans team. Anyhow, fun fact...

COOKS HAS TOPPED 75 YARDS ONLY ONCE IN THE RAMS LAST 10 REG SEASON GAMES.

His status was upgraded. We’d know if he hadn’t progressed. He probably won’t be officially cleared until closer to game time. He got full reps on Friday. 

He doesn't have an injury designation. So good news in that regard.  Double edged sword though cuz now owners may be tempted so start him in which case he will do squat for your team.

• Haha 2

Benched until further notice.

He is third in the pecking order behind Kupp and Woods. And now Everett is stealing targets. Even with Gurley out, I'm keeping Cooks on the bench against a stout 49'ers defense. 

• Like 1

On 10/2/2019 at 8:55 AM, KennyWoo said:

Huh?  You do realize that in the last four seasons he's never been worse than WR13, including two top 8 finishes.

Brandin Cooks is one of the most underappreciated players in fantasy football.

Twelve days after the above post, I'm sad to report that I think it is time to panic.  This offense and Goff have regressed big time.  Cooks may have a blow up game here or there to get him back on track somewhat but the likelihood of this guy finishing above WR24 on a go-forward basis seems slim.

On 10/13/2019 at 11:57 AM, MurderInc said:

Benched until further notice.

He is third in the pecking order behind Kupp and Woods. And now Everett is stealing targets. Even with Gurley out, I'm keeping Cooks on the bench against a stout 49'ers defense. 

And Goff looks like a Junior High QB as well. 

2 minutes ago, johnnyboy8102 said:

And Goff looks like a Junior High QB as well. 

Shanny talked so nicely about Goff calling him underrated, blah, blah, blah...then crushed his soul, hope, and dreams. I even feel depressed myself that Kupp is probably the only reliable guy in that offense. Woods and Cooks are in for a long season.

Edited by FitzMagic

Man you can't even trust him as a WR2 at times. Every year I do this to myself when I should just stick to drafting known commodities with solid floors like Fitzgerald.