urban2014

Cooper Kupp 2019 Outlook

The injury might move him to a great position to pounce.  Name to monitor 

8 hours ago, urban2014 said:

The injury might move him to a great position to pounce.  Name to monitor 

Do you write Roto blurbs?

IMHO he outplayed his true talent level, and I think he loses whatever little bit of physical talent he had to push him over the top/break through, or it just takes him a looong time to regain said form. I just don't think he could have produced as well operating as another teams WR1-2, as he was more a product of the LAR offense/system :shrug:

Disclaimer: sure, at some point, yes I'd draft him, but he is no way a target, and I could just be flat out wrong...which wouldn't be the 1st time :P 

Edited by FollowTheLeader
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FollowTheLeader said:

IMHO he outplayed his true talent level, and I think he loses whatever little bit of physical talent he had to push him over the top/break through, or it just takes him a looong time to regain said form. I just don't think he could have produced as well operating as another teams WR1-2, as he was more a product of the LAR offense/system :shrug:

Disclaimer: sure, at some point, yes I'd draft him, but he is no way a target, and I could just be flat out wrong...which wouldn't be the 1st time :P 

Kupp was a third round pick. Plenty of talent there 

Goff clearly missed him as the season wore on.  Assuming everything goes as planned with his recovery(and everything I've read to this point there's no reason to believe it won't) I feel like he picks up next year right where he left off.  High-end WR2 with WR1 upside in full PPR in my opinion.

50 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Kupp was a third round pick. Plenty of talent there 

Thanks for the notification on where Kupp was drafted, but a players perceived value in the 2017 draft has zero to do with his ability to produce two years later, let alone, produce two years later following an ACL tear, and an ACL tear to an individual already lacking an explosive element, leaning more on his route/cutting ability.

Also, the poster was asking for "our" opinions, all you've done is parrot how the LAR value/valued Kupp.

He is a TD dependent possession WR who now has to overcome an ACL injury, and fight for targets. No thanks.

Edited by FollowTheLeader
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, FollowTheLeader said:

Thanks for the notification on where Kupp was drafted, but a players perceived value in the 2017 draft has zero to do with his ability to produce two years later, let alone, produce two years later following an ACL tear, and an ACL tear to an individual already lacking an explosive element, leaning more on his route/cutting ability.

Also, the poster was asking for "our" opinions, all you've done is parrot how the LAR value/valued Kupp.

He is a TD dependent possession WR who now has to overcome an ACL injury, and fight for targets. No thanks.

Don't know that he's TD dependent.   He was on pace for 80 receptions and over 1000 yards.   Even if you don't extrapolate his TD's (from 6 to 12), he's still a top 20 WR or so.  

And 32 year Edleman looked physically fine coming back from an ACL.   

Rams have a lot of players for the D to worry about and Goff has rapport with Kupp.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, FollowTheLeader said:

But he does produce, and ACLs are no big deal these days. 

17 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Don't know that he's TD dependent. 

I agree that his stats can be skewed to either:

1) pigeon hole him as a TD dependent WR (no big pt producing weeks unless he scored a TD)

2) he is a TD machine, with 6 in 8 games

In closing: I like the guy, drafted him as a rookie prior to the 2017 season, but I wasn't as pleased with what I saw on the field (moved him mid-season for a different piece)...I saw limitations. Again, I could be wrong, and this is just one man's opinion.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, FollowTheLeader said:

1) pigeon hole him as a TD dependent WR (no big pt producing weeks unless he scored a TD)

In closing: I like the guy, drafted him as a rookie prior to the 2017 season, but I wasn't as pleased with what I saw on the field (moved him mid-season for a different piece)...I saw limitations. Again, I could be wrong, and this is just one man's opinion.

You probably didn't like what you saw from Jordy Nelson either. An ACL injury is going to sap a "possession" receiver of the few explosive traits he had??? 

1. You wouldn't be saying that if he wasn't a white WR and 2. ACL injuries haven't been career changing since 2002

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, FollowTheLeader said:

I hear what you're saying.  And, I'm not targeting him by any means.   But if he falls, I think I'd be OK if he's my WR2.   Maybe not super excited but confident that I'll get some consistent production out of him.   Goff struggling without him was a good sign imo. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, FollowTheLeader said:

Yes, you are wrong. Kupps a good player.

23 minutes ago, FISH20 said:

You probably didn't like what you saw from Jordy Nelson either. An ACL injury is going to sap a "possession" receiver of the few explosive traits he had??? 

1. You wouldn't be saying that if he wasn't a white WR and 2. ACL injuries haven't been career changing since 2002

Ahhh the race card, and time to make it personal, eh? My opinion has nothing to do with him being white. It has to do with him being a slot WR who lacks elite athletic ability. Sorry to have upset you by not valuing the guy as much as you do :rolleyes:

ps: Jordy was known to be fast and highly athletic, Kupp not in the least.

2 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

Kupp was a third round pick.

Thanks for that amazing insight, Captain Obvious  :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, dmb3684 said:

But he does produce

Except when he is on the sidelines with a torn ACL :rolleyes:

31 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Yes, you are wrong. Kupps a good player.

^ and yet, more amazing analysis.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, K197040 said:

I hear what you're saying.  And, I'm not targeting him by any means.   But if he falls, I think I'd be OK if he's my WR2.   Maybe not super excited but confident that I'll get some consistent production out of him.   Goff struggling without him was a good sign imo. 

Thank you for being objective, realizing people have differing opinions, and not making the fact we don't agree a personal and/or condescending issue.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FollowTheLeader said:

Ahhh the race card, and time to make it personal, eh? My opinion has nothing to do with him being white. It has to do with him being a slot WR who lacks elite athletic ability. Sorry to have upset you by not valuing the guy as much as you do :rolleyes:

ps: Jordy was known to be fast and highly athletic, Kupp not in the least.

Race card? Not at all. Is this the first time you have heard of white WR argument??? It's been discussed openly for years by fans and NFL analysts (Jordy, Welker, Edelman, Thielen, etc).

6 minutes ago, FISH20 said:

Race card? Not at all. Is this the first time you have heard of white WR argument??? It's been discussed openly for years by fans and NFL analysts (Jordy, Welker, Edelman, Thielen, etc).

Care to expand on the white WR argument?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FISH20 said:

You literally said: "1. You wouldn't be saying that if he wasn't a white WR." ...it sure sounds like "race" is the issue you are taking against my opinion.

If it walks like a duck...       

You brought it up, you said it, and therefore you accused me of such ^ 

...or am I missing something :unsure:

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 10:50 AM, urban2014 said:

The injury might move him to a great position to pounce.

Another FFBall aspect that offers two alternative points of view, even when based on the same information.

1) The injury might allow Kupp to fall to a good price range.

2) The injury will lend itself to me staying away (thus lending itself to reasoning for why Kupp is cheaper)

Some owners avoid injured players, while some owners jump on the reduced price :shrug:

I'd wager there is zero evidence to support either path, it just is what it is...sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't.

36 minutes ago, FollowTheLeader said:

Thanks for that amazing insight, Captain Obvious  :rolleyes:

Except when he is on the sidelines with a torn ACL :rolleyes:

^ and yet, more amazing analysis.

Didn't seem worth elaborating further. You don't like Kupp, that's cool. Not sure why you are hanging around the Kupp thread though.

9 hours ago, FollowTheLeader said:

Edited by psygolf

7 hours ago, FollowTheLeader said:

Just looking at his wr draft class:

40 time - .08 slower than JuJu

3 cone/20shuttle - faster than Samuel & Golladay

7 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

Care to expand on the white WR argument?

You've never heard a white WR in the NFL or college being called slow, unathletic, a possession guy, etc. Or a white WR getting compared to another white WR.

Maybe I just listen to too much SVP and Russilo?

• Haha 1