urban2014

Cooper Kupp 2019 Outlook

6 minutes ago, affliction said:

Rams overpaid Goff and Gurley then went and gave up picks for Ramsey with major issues on the OL all while the 49ers and Hawks improved. Their reign on top was shorter than leprechauns 

They'll be the Falcons after their SB appearance in two years. Horrible way to build a team.

• Like 2

It’s unreal they wouldn’t run a screen, reverse, toss in front or anything at all to get Kupp involved. This Head coach is so insanely overrated. 

• Like 3

Steelers were all over him. Tomlin said himself the entire gameplan was to take Kupp away and force Goff to throw to woods and Everett. 

3 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Steelers were all over him. Tomlin said himself the entire gameplan was to take Kupp away and force Goff to throw to woods and Everett. 

Woods and Kupp play underneath so it is even more mind-blowing that McVay can't seem to get the ball in Woods' hands when Kupp is being smothered. I do think having their field stretcher (Cooks) out hurts them a lot, but even when Cooks was healthy they were still having problems.

30 minutes ago, TennisDude said:

It’s unreal they wouldn’t run a screen, reverse, toss in front or anything at all to get Kupp involved. This Head coach is so insanely overrated. 

And teams were dumb enough to hire coaches from his coaching tree. LaFleur is looking good but he has Rodgers.

I’m actually not that worried about this performance.

I haven’t seen a romance like Goff has for Kupp in a long time. I’m sure Goff believes they lost because he didn’t throw to his soulmate. I’d bet Goff is more sad he let Kupp down than he is the rams losing. 

Hes gonna be sending flowers all week to Kupp, promising him he’ll never ignor him like that again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Rams offensive line got even worse this week too. Losing your center is no joke. I thought Kupp would be a great buy low a la Evans after his goose egg earlier this season but CHI and BAL next two weeks + DAL and SF in the playoffs makes me very hesitant.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vanquish2073 said:

Rams offensive line got even worse this week too. Losing your center is no joke. I thought Kupp would be a great buy low a la Evans after his goose egg earlier this season but CHI and BAL next two weeks + DAL and SF in the playoffs makes me very hesitant.

This is very true...Just ask Brady!

22 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

The Steelers D is legit though.  I am also a little worried that the upcoming opponents will follow this same gameplan.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Vanquish2073 said:

Losing Havenstein hurts, but Brian Allen was probably the worst center in the league. He's a major reason why the Rams offense has struggled, so even if the replacement isn't any better (which he could be), the offense can't really get much worse in that area.

5 minutes ago, OrangeAggie said:

This thread is quiet...

Would've been nice if he didn't get tackled at the 1. The rookies on the line actually looked pretty good filling tonight. If they can keep Gurley rolling itll open up the play action. Tough schedule though outside of weeks 13/14

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OrangeAggie said:

This thread is quiet...

Like C00pers stat line

Honestly I don't think he can be called a WR1 anymore. 

His value’s fallen off a cliff as of late at a very critical time in the season. Not looking good for us.

1 minute ago, WayneFontes said:

Better days ahead.

Of course, it cant get any worse than averaging 4 points over the past two weeks. Well, it technically could, but...

Edited by FitzMagic

Yahoo Rankings (yes, they are not perfect but still somewhat decent for projections) has Kupp ranked 4th for rest of season projections for Kupp in standard.  

Anyone care to go over/under on Kupp's ranking of WR 9.5 for rest of season rankings:

I'll take the UNDER

Edited by Smoketheclay

People over reacted to his nuclear stretch earlier in the season. He’s still a WR2 and has returned good draft value. I’m not as worried about the schedule because he can produce against anyone and the better teams they play the more they will have to throw and score.

13 minutes ago, aapox said:

People over reacted to his nuclear stretch earlier in the season. He’s still a WR2 and has returned good draft value. I’m not as worried about the schedule because he can produce against anyone and the better teams they play the more they will have to throw and score.

He was a WR1 consistently for well over a 20 game stretch before his last 2 games. 

No one over reacted to anything. This is a garbage take. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 11/18/2019 at 9:07 AM, WayneFontes said:

Better days ahead.

I want to believe this, but why? This passing game has become a black hole

8 hours ago, Proteus said:

I want to believe this, but why? This passing game has become a black hole

The rookies they plugged in on the right side of the line held their own vs. CHI... the OL falling apart has killed their offense but it looks like they might have figured some things out. Sucks they get the Ravens this week but they do have some decent matchups coming up.

• Thanks 1

I'm not worried, yeah Goff has looked awful but without Cooks stretching the field teams have focused on Kupp and Gurley not being as dominant as he once was. Baltimore has a good defense and I would imagine they will stuff the run allowing more passing than the last few games. Hopefully with Cooks and Woods back this will help Kupp get more open looks/targets. Also hoping Lamar can carve up the Rams and this game turn out to be high scoring. 8 receptions 100 yards and TD would be nice for Monday night.

Edited by Mmiller186
  • Like 1

Coach McVay decided to run the ball and it worked. They will try and keep that formula vs Balt. Kupp might be in for a rough game again.