urban2014

Cooper Kupp 2019 Outlook

Siiigh. So, how do we feel about Kupp right now. Nightmare matchup. Offense in shambles. This is Juju territory. Elite player, garbage situation. Is he still a solid WR2? 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, ajs723 said:

Siiigh. So, how do we feel about Kupp right now. Nightmare matchup. Offense in shambles. This is Juju territory. Elite player, garbage situation. Is he still a solid WR2? 

You got to be kidding! I've owned both this year and Juju is straight trash compared to Kupp this season. I actually dropped Juju 2 weeks ago, no way I'd drop Kupp. Yeah his QB has sucked but mostly w/o Cooks who is a field stretcher and he didnt have Woods either last week. This week both are back and at home, I expect Kupp to get back on track,  he wont have a monster game but a respectable stat line imo in a game they will most likely be playing catch up. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Mmiller186 said:

You got to be kidding! I've owned both this year and Juju is straight trash compared to Kupp this season. I actually dropped Juju 2 weeks ago, no way I'd drop Kupp. Yeah his QB has sucked but mostly w/o Cooks who is a field stretcher and he didnt have Woods either last week. This week both are back and at home, I expect Kupp to get back on track,  he wont have a monster game but a respectable stat line imo in a game they will most likely be playing catch up. 

Agree. Not dropping like I did Juju....but will be short this week. Maybe like last week with a few more catches.

Maybe 4-6 for 60yds...TD is a maybe...but a toss up.

21 minutes ago, Mmiller186 said:

Think you misunderstood. I just meant for this week. Obviously no one should drop Kupp. I'm still planning on starting him, but this matchup is a nightmare, and the offense is trending full speed in the wrong direction. 

• Like 1

Just now, ajs723 said:

Think you misunderstood. I just meant for this week. Obviously no one should drop Kupp. I'm still planning on starting him, but this matchup is a nightmare, and the offense is trending full speed in the wrong direction. 

I still have hope, yes a tough matchup but with everyone back I feel Kupp can generate more open looks.

47 minutes ago, WayneFontes said:

Explodes this week for 200 and 2 scores.

Goff gets injured early in the first and Bortles saves the day?

• Haha 1

Rolling the Dice this week....have 2 other good options in Parker and Laundry, but feeling he gets back on track MNF (hopefully) Any one else feeling some Kupp love ? 

1 minute ago, papaphunk said:

Rolling the Dice this week....have 2 other good options in Parker and Laundry, but feeling he gets back on track MNF (hopefully) Any one else feeling some Kupp love ? 

Kupp has a permanent spot on my roster.

His problem is Goff, We have seen Goff fall apart, he will at some point get back on track,  Gotta stay with your studs IMO.

1 minute ago, sasnumberonefan said:

That would be impressive considering they are on the same team. 

LMAO I am losing my mind, thank you for the morning laugh. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

LMAO I am losing my mind, thank you for the morning laugh. 

I'm pretty sure Mumphery will be primarily guarding him. He's very good. Kupp can beat anyone, though. The big factor here is will the Rams O-Line be able to facilitate a run game and open things up for the receivers. Should be interesting to see how the game plays out. I expect it to be competitive and I think Kupp has a decent game, but the ceiling probably isn't happening.

1 minute ago, Languistic01 said:

Cooks and Woods back is only going to help this week where I think they'll need to keep up scoring wise.

Agreed. Other than that weird Steelers game, Kupp’s issue has not been with target share, but rather Goff’s struggles and the overall inefficiency of the offense.

1 hour ago, aapox said:

I'm pretty sure Mumphery will be primarily guarding him. He's very good. Kupp can beat anyone, though. The big factor here is will the Rams O-Line be able to facilitate a run game and open things up for the receivers. Should be interesting to see how the game plays out. I expect it to be competitive and I think Kupp has a decent game, but the ceiling probably isn't happening.

Ravens blitz higher than 50% rate (I think).

Should - i repeat, SHOULD - set up well for Kupp to get a lot of hot reads close to the line of scrimmage. 

10 minutes ago, SadFaceHappy said:

Should - i repeat, SHOULD - set up well for Kupp to get a lot of hot reads close to the line of scrimmage. 

I like it. I hope so. Also I should have said Humphery* not Mumphery. I think I was thinking of this guy.

21 minutes ago, SadFaceHappy said:

I could be wrong but doesn't Woods get a lot of quick reads near the line of scrimmage?

1 hour ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

I could be wrong but doesn't Woods get a lot of quick reads near the line of scrimmage?

They all do sometimes, but nothing sticks out about Woods there to me.

He gets screens and jet sweeps