urban2014

Cooper Kupp 2019 Outlook

Lots of people in this thread don’t realize how good the ravens defense is. Not to mention the guy covering Kupp used to cover guys like Hopkins, Jones, etc before they got Peters. 

they have the best secondary in the game.

1 hour ago, dmody91 said:

Lots of people in this thread don’t realize how good the ravens defense is. Not to mention the guy covering Kupp used to cover guys like Hopkins, Jones, etc before they got Peters. 

they have the best secondary in the game.

Meh, it’s good but not the best in the game. Humphrey is a stud for sure, but Peters is more of a playmaker than a shut down corner. He’ll get a Pick 6, but give up a lot of production to WRs.  Their run defense and pass rush is better than their Secondary pass defense.

Since Peters joined, Edelman and Sanu each had 10 catches for 80+ yards, and Sanu added a score.  Lockett went 5/61/1, and Hopkins went 7/80, in addition to what should have been a blatant PI call in the endzone. Their other game with Peters was against the Bengals.

Before Peters joined, they gave up a ton of WR production... that’s probably why they went out and got him. 

If the Rams can give Goff time to throw, the Rams can do some damage through the air. If not, hopefully McVay dials up a lot of quick-hitters to Kupp and Woods.  They should also try and utilize the screen game with Gurley to slow the pass rush tonight.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Meh, it’s good but not the best in the game. Humphrey is a stud for sure, but Peters is more of a playmaker than a shut down corner. He’ll get a Pick 6, but give up a lot of production to WRs.  Their run defense and pass rush is better than their Secondary pass defense.

Since Peters joined, Edelman and Sanu each had 10 catches for 80+ yards, and Sanu added a score.  Lockett went 5/61/1, and Hopkins went 7/80, in addition to what should have been a blatant PI call in the endzone. Their other game with Peters was against the Bengals.

Before Peters joined, they gave up a ton of WR production... that’s probably why they went out and got him. 

If the Rams can give Goff time to throw, the Rams can do some damage through the air. If not, hopefully McVay dials up a lot of quick-hitters to Kupp and Woods.  They should also try and utilize the screen game with Gurley to slow the pass rush tonight.

Exactly lets not use the ravens as being some juggernaut secondary as a scapegoat for Kupp’s performance. They are for sure beatable through the air..Kupp has been trending down for weeks now, thanks in large part to Jared Goff being terrible

Edited by dakimbell
  • Thanks 1

Not sure what to do with this guy. Schedule gets a little easier the next two games. 

Edited by yanksman

Went with him over Jarvis Landry, stupid last minute swap and still won thanks to Ingram's 2 TD's last night. Horrible Offense to watch, almost as bad as my Eagles!

I think it might be Blake Bortles time to shine. 

startable next 2 weeks but would have to really see the offense turn a corner over that time to run him out vs Dallas week 15

59 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

If Goff can’t get him the ball against the Cardinals this week, you should bury him on your bench for the playoffs and never look back.

At this point, I think we should hope that Blake Bortles takes over.

1 hour ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

If Goff can’t get him the ball against the Cardinals this week, you should bury him on your bench for the playoffs and never look back.

spacer.png

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

At this point, I think we should hope that Blake Bortles takes over.

Ha. This comment in a vacuum when applied to any situation is remarkable.  

When you apply it to McVay and the Rams, it becomes down right unbelievable.

4 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

spacer.png

Ha. Well for those owners with the playoffs at risk this week, if Kupp doesn’t deliver against the Cards, you won’t have to worry about burying him on your bench.

The worst part is it's not just Goff being wretched, as he's literally getting half to less targets a game the past 3 weeks. They literally just stopped throwing to him, and it's really worked out well for the Rams! <--sarcasm

If you are a playoff-bound Kupp owner who has little choice but to keep starting him (like I am), you should definitely be panicking. 

This week could be very telling. If the Rams pass “attack” lays another egg against Arizona, Kupp’s owners will be hard-pressed to have any faith left whatsoever. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SenatorSpaceman said:

If you are a playoff-bound Kupp owner who has little choice but to keep starting him (like I am), you should definitely be panicking. 

This week could be very telling. If the Rams pass “attack” lays another egg against Arizona, Kupp’s owners will be hard-pressed to have any faith left whatsoever. 

I own Hopkins, Kupp and Deebo. I dropped juju. Because of how Kupp is looked I’ve put in claims for some upside receivers in case I have to jump off this ship too. I don’t think there’s many waiver guys left who you’d actually start over Kupp, but if it’s not going to get better in the next 2 weeks how do you play him at dallas let alone at SF? I agree 😕

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

This.

The Rams are an atrocious football team.

The only thing that looks uglier than their offense are the contracts and draft picks they handed out for Gurley, Goff and Ramsey.

If they can’t get Kupp going vs the Cards it’s over 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Ha. This comment in a vacuum when applied to any situation is remarkable.  

When you apply it to McVay and the Rams, it becomes down right unbelievable.

Bortles has his flaws, too, but anyone is better than Goff right now.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

I’m not saying that I necessarily disagree with you.  I’m just saying that it’s unbelievable that it’s come to this. 😂

3 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

My grandma is better than Goff.

Someone needs to call him out like Thielen and Diggs did. Goff gets paid way too much and he's hurting everyone's pockets here. Three of the best WR trios in the game and making them look like trash.

Edited by FitzMagic

24 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

My grandma is better than Goff.

Someone needs to call him out like Thielen and Diggs did. Goff gets paid way too much and he's hurting everyone's pockets here. Three of the best WR trios in the game and making them look like trash.

Yeah, Goff not being able to throw a perfect pass from his back is unacceptable. Any other QB in the league could do that for sure.