urban2014

Cooper Kupp 2019 Outlook

Their not gonna just suddenly bench their best receiver. It was a one week matchup play just to throw a wrinkle at a tough divisional opponent.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WayneFontes said:

One more rock solid performance. 

He got the points fair and square but he was shut down for the overwhelming majority of the game. The only reason he isn’t walking away with low single digits is that Dallas stopped trying on defense. I certainly wouldn’t feel confident with him in a game where the Rams weren’t getting beaten like rented mules. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, McTavish79 said:

He got the points fair and square but he was shut down for the overwhelming majority of the game. The only reason he isn’t walking away with low single digits is that Dallas stopped trying on defense. I certainly wouldn’t feel confident with him in a game where the Rams weren’t getting beaten like rented mules. 

Yeah, garbage points count the same as the rest, but no way can this performance inspire you... Higbee operates in similar areas as him, and he’s getting all the targets right now. Will be interesting to see snap counts, but he was obviously on the field more than last week.

[...] 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
  • Thanks 1

I’ll be scouring the waiver wire for better options. Seems like he’s more an O line bandaid these days

Edited by tonycpsu
  • Like 1

[...] if you can get Perriman, I’d consider starting him ahead of Kupp. Jameis has to throw to someone.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed CSB / quoted CSB

2 hours ago, yanksman said:

No way can you start him next week. 

Ha. Haha... Hahahahaha! 

He's the number 5 overall WR in fantasy. He's been an elite WR1 his entire career. Rotoworld calls him a WR3, and people are saying he's unstartable. 

What does this dude have to do to stop being overlooked. He should not be benched ever, anywhere. Period!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Ha. Haha... Hahahahaha! 

He's the number 5 overall WR in fantasy. He's been an elite WR1 his entire career. Rotoworld calls him a WR3, and people are saying he's unstartable. 

What does this dude have to do to stop being overlooked. He should not be benched ever, anywhere. Period!

To each his own... if you feel comfortable starting him, go right ahead.

He hasn’t had over 65 yards since the bye week, and he was 5th on his team in targets today. Goff threw the ball 51 times, and 6 of those went Kupp’s way.

Not to mention they are going on the road for the 2nd week in a row to play a pissed off 49ers team that held Goff to 78 yards (and Kupp to 17) in the first meeting in LA.  The Rams haven’t scored more than 17 points on a good defense all year.

Put him out there and hope he scores another TD, because you’re not going to get the yardage.

• Like 1

He’s got an ACT kid tossing to him.  Start at your own risk.  McVay has better things to do these days than tend to giving his learning disabled, s*** for brains QB every read and formation.  Check his Instagram, McVay ballin.  Kupp, probably not starting against SF.

35 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

To each his own... if you feel comfortable starting him, go right ahead.

He hasn’t had over 65 yards since the bye week, and he was 5th on his team in targets today. Goff threw the ball 51 times, and 6 of those went Kupp’s way.

Not to mention they are going on the road for the 2nd week in a row to play a pissed off 49ers team that held Goff to 78 yards (and Kupp to 17) in the first meeting in LA.  The Rams haven’t scored more than 17 points on a good defense all year.

Put him out there and hope he scores another TD, because you’re not going to get the yardage.

This is all well reasoned, but it doesn't change the fact that there aren't 10 healthy WRs I'd put ahead of Kupp in next week's rankings, let alone 25+.

Edited by ajs723

No way I could feel comfortable starting Kupp in championship week. He’s been getting lucky and falling into the end zone but he’s barely playing these days and the Rams are facing a matchup with San Fran, who will be angry off a loss and expects Richard Sherman back. 

You simply can’t ignore the snap/target numbers. Look elsewhere. Perriman is somebody to keep an eye on for desperate Kupp owners who are still alive. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SenatorSpaceman said:

No way I could feel comfortable starting Kupp in championship week. He’s been getting lucky and falling into the end zone but he’s barely playing these days and the Rams are facing a matchup with San Fran, who will be angry off a loss and expects Richard Sherman back. 

You simply can’t ignore the snap/target numbers. Look elsewhere. Perriman is somebody to keep an eye on for desperate Kupp owners who are still alive. 

I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone. I know Perriman blew up today, and Kupp has seen fewer targets, but we're talking about starting a massive bust over an NFL superstar.

Anything can happen, and maybe Kupp puts up a dud next weekend. But you just don't bench a top 5 fantasy WR for a waiver wire lotto ticket in the finals.

6 hours ago, ajs723 said:

I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone. I know Perriman blew up today, and Kupp has seen fewer targets, but we're talking about starting a massive bust over an NFL superstar.

Anything can happen, and maybe Kupp puts up a dud next weekend. But you just don't bench a top 5 fantasy WR for a waiver wire lotto ticket in the finals.

Have you watched the games? Kupp played 20 snaps 2 weeks ago. This week he played his normal snaps and didn't get his first catch until the 3rd qtr. He scored his TD in the final minute of a blowout. Complete garbage time. Higbee had his 3rd straight 100 yard game. They both play the middle of the field. Open your eyes to recent trends.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yanksman said:

Have you watched the games? Kupp played 20 snaps 2 weeks ago. This week he played his normal snaps and didn't get his first catch until the 3rd qtr. He scored his TD in the final minute of a blowout. Complete garbage time. Higbee had his 3rd straight 100 yard game. They both play the middle of the field. Open your eyes to recent trends.

Yep . Can’t believe Kupp is still ranked in top 15 weekly. Parker AJ Perriman Slayton are all easy  starts over him. Go for WRs that are involved 

Edited by maxim730

gotta thank this dude for helping us get to where we are but his time starting has come to an end, its been real Kupp! His elite volume has been transferred to Higbee and Woods. Even with them trailing all game yesterday he ends up behind Cooks in targets. Also facing SF on the road next week, can see Goff having a major dud there too

• Like 1

I may be biased when I watch the Rams games.... but it actually looks like they are making an effort to avoid passing to the guy ?   I see him running around.. going in motion and Goff not even looking his way.    Thank god he got involved in the last 5 minutes of the game or it would have been a complete waste of a roster spot.  

15 minutes ago, smash10033 said:

I may be biased when I watch the Rams games.... but it actually looks like they are making an effort to avoid passing to the guy ?   I see him running around.. going in motion and Goff not even looking his way.    Thank god he got involved in the last 5 minutes of the game or it would have been a complete waste of a roster spot.  

Its hard to see whats going on outside of the camera but Im assuming teams are bracketing him in the middle. Teams adapted. Rams didn't.

24 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Its hard to see whats going on outside of the camera but Im assuming teams are bracketing him in the middle. Teams adapted. Rams didn't.

Goff is just locked on to Higbee now. 

1 hour ago, smash10033 said:

Yeah.   And it is getting pretty obvious.

1 hour ago, vthokie3 said:

Goff is just locked on to Higbee now. 

Hes been playing great so hard to blame him for that.

I'm taking the garbage time TD and running like a bank robber from the vault.  No way I'm starting next week, and I currently have no one on my roster to replace him.  But with Perriman out there (and other WRs with a pulse), I'm sure I'll find someone I feel more comfortable starting then Kupp.  Man....what happened????

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ThunderDan said:

I'm taking the garbage time TD and running like a bank robber from the vault.  No way I'm starting next week, and I currently have no one on my roster to replace him.  But with Perriman out there (and other WRs with a pulse), I'm sure I'll find someone I feel more comfortable starting then Kupp.  Man....what happened????

switched from 3 WR sets to 2 TE sets. Reynolds seeing more snaps in 2 WR sets to block. Higbee getting the work Kupp used to get

1 hour ago, smash10033 said:

Nah man. Seeing the same thing. 

There was a 3rd or 4th and short when the game was still somewhat winnable where Cupp ran a quick out to Goff’s left. Was wide open in the flat. Goff took the snap and immediately locked into his first read and threw a terrible pass. If he had even glanced left would have been an easy first down pickup. 

Part of the problem is Goff has major happy feet and I’m pretty sure decides pre snap where he wants to go. You would think after their success last year and the first half of this year together Cupp would be one of his first looks. For whatever reason he isn’t and Kupp is suffering along with the Rams offense. Their offense has no flow to it whatsoever.