urban2014

Cooper Kupp 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, OrangeAggie said:

There is no way you've watched the Rams offense over the last 6 weeks if you believe Kupp has a higher ceiling than Perriman this week. Kupp has hit his ceiling 3 weeks in a row.  He was a high ceiling player because he was the #1 target in a pass first offense. Now, he's the #4 target in a run first, 12 personnel offense that doesn't score nearly as many points.

Stop basing Kupp's potential on what you saw in week 5. He is averaging 5.5 targets over the last 6 games. He's a TD dependent player who will only be involved in the offense if the Rams get down by double digits. If that's who you want to start in your championship game, go for it. 

Even with the recent downtrend with kupp he has still AVERAGED 5 catches per game the last 5 games. Perrimans career high is 5 catches in a game. So please explain to me how Kupp is a td dependent player and perriman isn’t? Lol

I have the luxury to not have to start either, but I’d be much more worried if my opponent had Kupp over BP.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

Even with the recent downtrend with kupp he has still AVERAGED 5 catches per game the last 5 games. Perrimans career high is 5 catches in a game. So please explain to me how Kupp is a td dependent player and perriman isn’t? Lol

I have the luxury to not have to start either, but I’d be much more worried if my opponent had Kupp over BP.

Kupp's QB Goff is abysmal on the road and vs pressure.

Perriman's QB Winston is on pace to throw for 5000 yards this year. I am not sure how you can say Perriman is TD dependent. He very well can catch 4 passes for 100 yards and 0 TDs this week.

12 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Kupp's QB Goff is abysmal on the road and vs pressure.

Perriman's QB Winston is on pace to throw for 5000 yards this year. I am not sure how you can say Perriman is TD dependent. He very well can catch 4 passes for 100 yards and 0 TDs this week.

Talking up a QB that has been benched multiple times over the past 2 season's is odd. Also, Perriman won't have Evans or Godwin for the Defenses to focus on. He will get the double teams and #1 corners. Lets not forget Perriman was the guy in Balt for two years and never did anything but get injured

Edited by phegotgame14

20 minutes ago, phegotgame14 said:

Talking up a QB that has been benched multiple times over the past 2 season's is odd. Also, Perriman won't have Evans or Godwin for the Defenses to focus on. He will get the double teams and #1 corners. Lets not forget Perriman was the guy in Balt for two years and never did anything but get injured

Hes better than Goff

I've switched Kupp and Perriman back and forth 5 times reading this post. Have Kupp in as of now, but who knows who it'll be at game time. 

Too bad that rain cleared out of the Bucs game. Would've made our decision a whole lot easier. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, afl5013 said:

I've switched Kupp and Perriman back and forth 5 times reading this post. Have Kupp in as of now, but who knows who it'll be at game time. 

Too bad that rain cleared out of the Bucs game. Would've made our decision a whole lot easier. 

have the same decision. Driving me crazy, Leaning towards sitting him now that Kwuan Williams is back manning the slot for SF. Plus as a Rams fan it pains me to say it but Goff on the road is not good. Kupp is so talented though and still catches everything thrown is way if he gets the targets

Edited by vthokie3
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

have the same decision. Driving me crazy, Leaning towards sitting him now that Kwuan Williams is back manning the slot for SF. Plus as a Rams fan it pains me to say it but Goff on the road is not good. Kupp is so talented though and still catches everything thrown is way if he gets the targets

Yeah, it's always so much harder when it involves someone from your team. If I wasn't a Rams fan, I'd probably be on the Perriman side but I see the talent of Kupp too much and know how good Goff is when he's on, and every week I go in expecting them to be on. Maybe I'll just put two treats down and let my dog choose for me. 

From fantasypros

Start Breshad Perriman (WR – TB) or Cooper Kupp (WR – LAR)?
56% of Experts Would Start Kupp

Perriman
Welcome to the No. 1 role in the offense, Mr. Perriman. With both Mike Evans and Chris Godwin on the shelf, Perriman should walk into a much higher target share against the Texans this week. He’s seen six targets in each of the last three weeks and they’ve led to 13 receptions, 270 yards, and four touchdowns. His 34.6-point outburst in Week 15 was the 24th best wide receiver performance of the year. The Texans had been doing well against receivers in recent weeks, but don’t tell A.J. Brown that, as he tore up their secondary for 8/114/1 last week. As a whole, the Texans secondary has allowed 1.75 PPR points per target to wide receivers, which is right around the league average. With the alignment remaining similar, Perriman will see a lot of veteran Johnathan Joseph in coverage, who’s 35 years old and not quite as fast as he used to be. But understand that just because Perriman is locked into targets, that hasn’t automatically amounted to fantasy success, as there’ve been six different receivers who’ve seen at least seven targets yet finished with less than 10.0 PPR points. You have to consider Perriman a sturdy WR3 with his recent surge in role/targets, though he’s not necessarily a lock in DFS lineups.

Kupp
After the week he was played just 19-of-68 snaps, Kupp was back out there in his regular role against the Cowboys where he played 68-of-74 snaps. He caught a touchdown for the third straight game, though he’s failed to finish with more than 65 yards in each of the last six games and has seen six or less targets in five of those games. You must wonder why the targets have stopped coming to Kupp, as he’s now caught each of the last 14 passes thrown his way. Goff’s QB Rating when targeting Kupp is 112.6, while it’s 81.3 to Cooks, 77.8 to Josh Reynolds, and 76.5 to Woods. The matchup with the 49ers is a tough one for Kupp, as evidenced by his four-catch, 17-yard performance he had back in Week 6 when he was playing at a high level. They were without starting nickel cornerback K’Waun Williams last week, who suffered a concussion in their Week 14 game. If he were to be held out again, Kupp’s matchup would be upgraded, as Williams has been among the best slot cornerbacks in the league this year. Of the 63 cornerbacks/safeties who play 25-plus percent of snaps in the slot, his 61.6 QB Rating in slot coverage ranks sixth. Meanwhile, his replacement D.J. Reed is just a fifth-round pick from last year who’s had very limited playing time. When he has played, he’s allowed three touchdowns on 28 targets in coverage. If Williams sits again, Kupp should be considered a high-end WR2. If Williams plays, Kupp is more of a low-end WR2/high-end WR3 for this game.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, OrangeAggie said:

There is no way you've watched the Rams offense over the last 6 weeks if you believe Kupp has a higher ceiling than Perriman this week. Kupp has hit his ceiling 3 weeks in a row.  He was a high ceiling player because he was the #1 target in a pass first offense. Now, he's the #4 target in a run first, 12 personnel offense that doesn't score nearly as many points.

Stop basing Kupp's potential on what you saw in week 5. He is averaging 5.5 targets over the last 6 games. He's a TD dependent player who will only be involved in the offense if the Rams get down by double digits. If that's who you want to start in your championship game, go for it. 

I'm basing Kupp's potential on his talent. There's always a chance that Kupp puts up 9 catches for 140 yards and 2 TDs. He's just that good. The odds may be lower because the offense is struggling, but it's still in play.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, vthokie3 said:

i snagged D.Washington and am playing him over both

12 hours ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

You just continue to ignore all the context surrounding both guys situations. If you want to base your decision purely on their season and career stats, go for it.

53 minutes ago, OrangeAggie said:

You just continue to ignore all the context surrounding both guys situations. If you want to base your decision purely on their season and career stats, go for it.

Again, I’m not starting either so I have no real dog in this fight. I would just trust the consistent performer with a track record over someone who’s done nothing his entire career but finds himself in an ideal situation. It’s a risk I wouldn’t prefer taking in the championship game. 

And who’s to say perriman is the number one target this week? These are assumptions. Brate, Howard and Watson are all just as likely to go off. 

Only a couple hours or s day left to decide on Kupp. To everyone's point, I'm not sure why he gets targeted so late and so few times lately. He has potential if Goff would throw to him but Goff seems to only look for Woods the first 2 or 3 quarters. His past 3 games even with targets of 6,4,6, he's put up decent not amazing ppr numbers but only because he got a TD, otherwise it would not have been so good. The risk and upside is both there but I feel there's lots of risky matchups this week for a wr2 spot. 

7 minutes ago, decodeddreams said:

Only a couple hours or s day left to decide on Kupp. To everyone's point, I'm not sure why he gets targeted so late and so few times lately. He has potential if Goff would throw to him but Goff seems to only look for Woods the first 2 or 3 quarters. His past 3 games even with targets of 6,4,6, he's put up decent not amazing ppr numbers but only because he got a TD, otherwise it would not have been so good. The risk and upside is both there but I feel there's lots of risky matchups this week for a wr2 spot. 

I agree with this point... perhaps kupp is being covered more?

5 minutes ago, jpark211 said:

I agree with this point... perhaps kupp is being covered more?

I don't know if he's covered more, I see times he can get the ball. The plays just aren't being called for him for some reason.

• Like 1

You can't sit Kupp....Not in a championship week. You never sit your studs.

This is a must-win week for the Rams, and you've got to believe that they've drawn up a ton of plays this week that involve Kupp.

I'm not going to be that guy who sits him, only to watch him go 8-110-1 on my bench.

• Like 2

He has 20 targets over the last four games.  4/6/4/6.  He has caught every target.

First 8 games he had 5 double digit target games.  Fewest targets 6, second fewest 8.

Past 7 games he has had 1 double digit target game. Most targets 10, next highest amount was 6.

Every game but one, he had more opportunity in the first half of the season than he has had in the second half.

• Like 1

Talented player that other teams either took away or Rams schemed away from for some unknown reason. 

10 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Talented player that other teams either took away or Rams schemed away from for some unknown reason. 

He is definitely open. Teams aren't scheming him, he just isn't get any opportunity.  Not sure if you watched the game last night, but if you did, I'm sure you saw Kupp do the cross formation motion 5 or so times.  Each time it seemed like this play must be designed for him to get involved.  Each time he was just a decoy.  The one time they finally give him a handoff on the motion, he immediately tosses it to Woods on a reverse.

Last week there was a play that stood out to me.  Kupp was running a deep post from left to right that had him one one one between the hashes.  His route took him into the vicinity of who Goff did target, Cooks, who was double covered because the safety went over to help.  Cooks still was given a chance to make a play. Kupp isn't being given those chances. 

Don't even get me started having Reynolds out there on early downs.  I'm not sure if that is for blocking purposes or what.  I just know it is stupid. 

Edited by Sternes

Second half of the season was pretty brutal starting with the dud against PIT. 

We thinking 5th round ADP again next season or lower? 

1 minute ago, FlashGordon401 said:

Second half of the season was pretty brutal starting with the dud against PIT. 

We thinking 5th round ADP again next season or lower? 

Probably middle to end of 3rd? He had a really rough finish to the year but his career TD numbers are absurd and he was an early season ticket to the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, aapox said:

Probably middle to end of 3rd? He had a really rough finish to the year but his career TD numbers are absurd and he was an early season ticket to the playoffs. 

Agreed, he’s got late 3rd round written all over him. 4th round would be great value for him IMO.

MT, Hopkins, Adams, Julio, Godwin, Evans, maybe Amari Cooper. 

That's the list of WRs who should be drafted ahead of Kupp. Keenan Allen depends on the QB situation. OBJ isn't worth the risk. 

Golladay, Sutton, Moore, Lockett, etc are all right there, but I'll take Kupp over anyone else. 

He should be a 2nd round pick, but he'll be a 4th round pick, and everyone will talk about him being a nice surprise.... For the 4th year in a row. 

Edited by ajs723
  • Like 1