urban2014

Cooper Kupp 2019 Outlook

21 hours ago, ajs723 said:

MT, Hopkins, Adams, Julio, Godwin, Evans, maybe Amari Cooper. 

That's the list of WRs who should be drafted ahead of Kupp. Keenan Allen depends on the QB situation. OBJ isn't worth the risk. 

Golladay, Sutton, Moore, Lockett, etc are all right there, but I'll take Kupp over anyone else. 

He should be a 2nd round pick, but he'll be a 4th round pick, and everyone will talk about him being a nice surprise.... For the 4th year in a row. 

The ending of the year was a bummer, but his career track record is remarkable. No way I make the playoffs without his amazing first half. I'm glad I got him at the beinning of the sixth round! I'm really curious as to what this team does in the off-season, though, and how things change. The targets in the second half just weren't there and that's concerning.

• Like 1

The Rams were rolling when Kupp was rolling in the 1st half. Then they inexplicably went away from him. I seriously don't get it. I watched many of those 2nd half games and he absolutely was open. They just designed away form him and had Goff throw into double coverage instead, destroying Goff's value too. I feel like Kupp and Goff or Kupp and one of the coaches had a verbal fight or something. None of it makes any sense whatsover. I'd guess this 2nd half sours his value and he hits around late 3rd/early 4th range. In the 4th would be a nice steal per usual.

• Haha 1

All signs point to Cooks being a cap casualty. I’d expect the Rams to try and replace his field stretching role with a cheaper option in the draft and FA. When McVay does his autopsy on this season, one of the biggest regret he’ll probably have was his under-utilization of Kupp over the last 8 or so games.

Is this guy basically a version of Keenan Allen? He's an amazing route runner and a beast when healthy. I assume as a slot wr the red zone targets are always inconsistent. 4th round as your fringe wr1 and a great wr2 sounds extremely fair.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, ravensfanatic0 said:

Is this guy basically a version of Keenan Allen? He's an amazing route runner and a beast when healthy. I assume as a slot wr the red zone targets are always inconsistent. 4th round as your fringe wr1 and a great wr2 sounds extremely fair.

You assume incorrectly. He's been a top 5-10 red zone target WR his entire career.

Edit:

He finished 9th among WR in redzone targets this season. 

He was on a top 5 trajectory last year before getting hurt. 

He finished top 5 in 2017. 

Dude should be a consensus 2nd round pick in PPR leagues, but he gets no respect from the fantasy community. 

Edited by ajs723

Posted (edited)
On 1/1/2020 at 8:18 AM, smeeze said:

All signs point to Cooks being a cap casualty. I’d expect the Rams to try and replace his field stretching role with a cheaper option in the draft and FA. When McVay does his autopsy on this season, one of the biggest regret he’ll probably have was his under-utilization of Kupp over the last 8 or so games.

Cost the Rams close to 30 million to cut Cook this off season or 18 million to trade him. So what your saying makes no sense.

Edited by Harold Seattle
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Harold Seattle said:

Cost the Rams close to 30 million to cut Cook this off season or 18 million to trade him. So what your saying makes no sense.

Sorry, you're right. The potential out is after 2020. I was looking at the wrong years. My b.