urban2014

Robert Woods 2019 Outlook

1 minute ago, cowboy5xsbs said:

There are just two many mouths to feed and Woods is losing out 😓

I swear every time Goff targets him either he catches it and there's a penalty so it's called back or it's an awful throw

Edited by street sharks

When I drafted him I had a feeling I was drafting the wrong guy and taken Cupp I stand but I convinced myself otherwise. Ugh

After week 1 it looked like Woods was going to be the security blanket but that’s definitely not true 

Edited by Bluecore

I'm still not overly worried about Woods. Took him before Cooks because I needed a high floor WR more than a volatile one. Didn't want to take Kupp because I always stay clear of players returning from torn ACL, no matter what the preseason reports are.

Woods still gets the targets in the intermediate part of the field and some rushes in between. In fact, he was stopped just short of a TD on a reverse that was designed for him to score. Had a designed RZ TD called back last week on a bogus penalty. Got unlucky with penalties in general from what I've seen.

TD is coming his way soon enough, don't worry. We've seen Woods at his floor.

Goff isn't clicking right now as well. Given the past there is still hope he lights it up at some point.

At the end I think Woods will finish the season equally with Cooks. Kupp will finish first thanks to his special RZ connection with Goff. I'm not regretting passing on Kupp everywhere though, since more often than not WRs aren't the same in year 1 after a torn ACL.

Understand that luck hasn't gone his way so far this year (so many catches and TDs called back due to penalty smh) but is it time to bench Woods until he has a solid game? I'm leaving points on my bench every week starting this guy over the likes of Samuel, Dorsett and now Shepard and I'm 1-2 because of it. 

1 hour ago, ree10 said:

Understand that luck hasn't gone his way so far this year (so many catches and TDs called back due to penalty smh) but is it time to bench Woods until he has a solid game? I'm leaving points on my bench every week starting this guy over the likes of Samuel, Dorsett and now Shepard and I'm 1-2 because of it. 

Just like FF is, if you bench him he will blow up in your face. I wouldn't bench yet for said players. Targets and general usage are there, the offense isn't clicking yet. Positive regression will come his way eventually.

2 minutes ago, frog34 said:

Just like FF is, if you bench him he will blow up in your face. I wouldn't bench yet for said players. Targets and general usage are there, the offense isn't clicking yet. Positive regression will come his way eventually.

The exact reason I have to start Woods and Kupp. One of them will blow up. Goff hasn't been right though and I'm hoping it is just a slow start.

34 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

The exact reason I have to start Woods and Kupp. One of them will blow up. Goff hasn't been right though and I'm hoping it is just a slow start.

Even going back to last season Kupp was his go-to

Looking at the game log from last year, Woods had one of the most boring (and frankly deceiving) 86/1219/6 seasons I've ever seen. 

• He had 70+ yards in 12 of 16 regular season games. okay I'm liking this consistency!
  • He had three 100+ yard games all season including playoffs (weeks 3, 4, 6). Hmm not so great. 
  • He had just two 80+ yard games in the final 13 games of the season (10 regular season, 3 playoff). Okay, so not a yardage beast, but he was consistently solid, right!?
  • He had just two games with 7 or more receptions in the final 13 games of the season. Alright, so watch your head on the ceiling, it's low. 
  • He had just three TDs in the final 15 games of the season (12 regular season, 3 playoff). Yikes. We like touchdowns. Woods doesn't score 'em. 

If we take the final 13 games of last season (10 regular season, 3 playoff) and add the first 3 games of this season we have a nice round 16 game sample. During his past 16 games, Woods has totaled:

80 receptions, 1,010 yards, 3 TDs

An average of: 5 catches for 63 yards, 0.19 TDs per game. 

11 ppg in PPR, or 8.8 in 0.5 PPR. 

I'm super disappointed in myself for not doing this research BEFORE i drafted him to be my WR2. At this point I feel like I can get 9-11 points from a half dozen WRs on my roster who cost practically nothing to acquire. 

• Thanks 1

Thinking about selling. Goff doesn't look right, Gurley is hobbled.  Probably peaked last season.  Fools gold for us owners. 

9 minutes ago, Tugginroot said:

Thinking about selling. Goff doesn't look right, Gurley is hobbled.  Probably peaked last season.  Fools gold for us owners. 

Selling at rock bottom, I like your strategy.

• Like 1

Joining the Woods group as I just got him for Sony and J Brown. Needed to clear a space for Coleman. I like woods. He is a WR2 over the last 30 games or so and ill take the roughly 8 targets per game so far.

• Like 1

Hopefully he gets going in Week 4. I have him and Kupp, but if things don't get going he may just be a bench and insurance for if something happens to Kupp. Right now it is Kupp getting everything and then Woods and Cooks splitting the rest. However, it varies by game. Week 1 was Woods/Kupp, next game Cooks/Kupp, and last week Cooks/Kupp. It isn't like Woods isn't getting targets either, because he got 8 last game. The throws are off or he's just not making catches. It's very frustrating.

• Like 1

On 9/23/2019 at 2:49 PM, mjb03003 said:

Looking at the game log from last year, Woods had one of the most boring (and frankly deceiving) 86/1219/6 seasons I've ever seen. 

• He had 70+ yards in 12 of 16 regular season games. okay I'm liking this consistency!
  • He had three 100+ yard games all season including playoffs (weeks 3, 4, 6). Hmm not so great. 
  • He had just two 80+ yard games in the final 13 games of the season (10 regular season, 3 playoff). Okay, so not a yardage beast, but he was consistently solid, right!?
  • He had just two games with 7 or more receptions in the final 13 games of the season. Alright, so watch your head on the ceiling, it's low. 
  • He had just three TDs in the final 15 games of the season (12 regular season, 3 playoff). Yikes. We like touchdowns. Woods doesn't score 'em. 

If we take the final 13 games of last season (10 regular season, 3 playoff) and add the first 3 games of this season we have a nice round 16 game sample. During his past 16 games, Woods has totaled:

80 receptions, 1,010 yards, 3 TDs

An average of: 5 catches for 63 yards, 0.19 TDs per game. 

11 ppg in PPR, or 8.8 in 0.5 PPR. 

I'm super disappointed in myself for not doing this research BEFORE i drafted him to be my WR2. At this point I feel like I can get 9-11 points from a half dozen WRs on my roster who cost practically nothing to acquire. 

I loved this dude last year. I know it isn’t exciting and he has started off slow, but he was my most consistent player and the perfect flex. I didn’t take him this year because his ADP was to high, but I would hold tight. He will get it going. 

Haven't watched him yet, but from what I've read in this thread he has had a lot of big plays nullified by penalties. Eventually those plays will start happening for him. I'm confident he still returns value over the course of the whole season.

1 hour ago, Ryansm11 said:

I loved this dude last year. I know it isn’t exciting and he has started off slow, but he was my most consistent player and the perfect flex. I didn’t take him this year because his ADP was to high, but I would hold tight. He will get it going. 

As the numbers from my post above indicate, he was consistent... but consistently mediocre. He doesn't score TDs and he doesn't post high yardage games. 

1 hour ago, mjb03003 said:

As the numbers from my post above indicate, he was consistent... but consistently mediocre. He doesn't score TDs and he doesn't post high yardage games. 

I don’t agree with consistently mediocre. Lamar miller was consistently mediocre lol. 

On 9/22/2019 at 11:48 PM, cowboy5xsbs said:

There are just two many mouths to feed and Woods is losing out 😓

Same amount of mouths as last year with Gurley's involvement in the passing game being nonexistent.

I have Woods at WR3 in my 3WR league.  Had planned to start Scary Terry over him at 3, but with the injury I'm now deciding between Woods and Richardson and TBH, I'm probably going with Richardson.  The Rams just have too many hands to get the ball into and Woods is going to have bad games because of it.

39 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

I don’t agree with consistently mediocre. Lamar miller was consistently mediocre lol. 

I guess it's semantics, depending on where you draw the line for mediocre. After Kupp was hurt last season, he only had double digit points (in my 0.5 PPR league) 4 times out of 9 games. 

His highest scoring week after Kupp was injured was 17.90 points (6/89/1). 

He had 6 games with 74 or fewer yards and no scores. 

Meh. 

And that was AFTER Kupp was injured. Now Kupp is fully healthy and balling out. Woods looks like the clear #3.

Edited by mjb03003

9 minutes ago, mjb03003 said:

I guess it's semantics, depending on where you draw the line for mediocre. After Kupp was hurt last season, he only had double digit points (in my 0.5 PPR league) 4 times out of 9 games. 

His highest scoring week after Kupp was injured was 17.90 points (6/89/1). 

He had 6 games with 74 or fewer yards and no scores. 

Meh. 

And that was AFTER Kupp was injured. Now Kupp is fully healthy and balling out. Woods looks like the clear #3.

Ohhhh that’s the difference. I’m full point PPR. He was basically always double digits for me. 

3 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Ohhhh that’s the difference. I’m full point PPR. He was basically always double digits for me. 

Okay, but in full PPR double digits becomes a really low bar. In my PPR leagues, good WR are PROJECTED for 15+ every week. The waiver wire is full of guys projected for roughly 10 points. 

To be fair, Woods rarely has sub-10 point games, but he also rarely tops 15 points. He pretty consistently falls in between, which is solid but wholly unspectacular.  

2018 with Kupp healthy:

3/37/0 = 6.70 points
6/81/0 = 14.10 points
10/104/2 = 32.40 points
5/101/1 = 21.10 points
5/92/0 = 14.20 points
7/109/0 = 17.90 points
5/78/0 = 12.80 points
5/70/0 = 12.00 points
5/71/0 = 12.10 points

Game Kupp was hurt:
4/89/0 = 12.90 points 

2018 after Kupp goes down:

1. 4/72/1 = 17.20 points
  2. 5/67/1 = 17.70 points
  3. 7/61/0 = 13.10 points
  4. 7/74/0 = 14.40 points
  5. 6/89/1 = 20.90 points
  6. 2/24/0 = 4.40 points
  7. 6/69/0 = 12.90 points
  8. 6/33/0 = 9.30 points
  9. 5/70/0 = 12.00 points

2019 so far:

1. 8/70/0 = 15.00 points
  2. 2/33/0 = 5.30 points
  3. 3/40/0 = 7.00 points

The overall trend is worrisome. Kupp looks more and more like Goff's go-to guy. Cooks is a deep threat who has sporadic big yardage games. Woods is somewhere in between. And the offense as a whole has been less explosive since about December of last year.