urban2014

Robert Woods 2019 Outlook

Kinda hard to own this dude especially if you need a win this week. Hope he gets his personal issues sorted out though. 

If it was a death in the family or something of that nature I think we would have known by now. There must be a larger issue at play. At this point I'm assuming we won't have him for a while.

Edited by kball09

4 hours ago, kball09 said:

If it was a death in the family or something of that nature I think we would have known by now. There must be a larger issue at play. At this point I'm assuming we won't have him for a while.

I'd probably be in ongoing therapy if Goff was my QB.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

If McVay declares him active early enough anyone rolling him out?  He's in consideration (unfortunately) this week for my FLEX given bye weeks.  Biggest problem is that he plays Monday night.  So we might not know his status until after everyone else has played and if he is inactive, not many fall back options.  Sounds like Cooks is coming back so not a huge fan of the Josh Reynolds fall back option, or you're stuck with someone like Willie Snead.

I'm going a different direction this week if I can for what it's worth.

I’m sure he plays a full game and produces the absence was not injury related and was personal. Life happens and it’s not totally uncommon for a guy to suddenly need to take a short leave to handle business. There is probably many reasons why he dominates this week. Personal motivation plus this is his escape from reality and probably the best 60 min of his week. Fire him up with confidence!

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Krambone said:

I’m sure he plays a full game and produces the absence was not injury related and was personal. Life happens and it’s not totally uncommon for a guy to suddenly need to take a short leave to handle business. There is probably many reasons why he dominates this week. Personal motivation plus this is his escape from reality and probably the best 60 min of his week. Fire him up with confidence!

Sounds good to me!

4 hours ago, Fort4242 said:

If McVay declares him active early enough anyone rolling him out?  He's in consideration (unfortunately) this week for my FLEX given bye weeks.  Biggest problem is that he plays Monday night.  So we might not know his status until after everyone else has played and if he is inactive, not many fall back options.  Sounds like Cooks is coming back so not a huge fan of the Josh Reynolds fall back option, or you're stuck with someone like Willie Snead.

I'm going a different direction this week if I can for what it's worth.

Have to [...] I actually expect him to produce. The guy is due for a TD or two. 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

12 hours ago, Fort4242 said:

If McVay declares him active early enough anyone rolling him out?

Nope.  It's too late in the year to just blindly start your (ah-hem) "studs".  He's only the fourth best WR on my team, and that's saying something since the guys ahead of him are Tyler Boyd, DK Metcalf and Curtis Samuel.  Deeply regret trading for him this off-season and unlikely to keep him for next year.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, snowbound said:

The Rams and Robert Woods said all week he was taking things “Day by day,” and were not 100% certain if Woods would be available tonight. He just arrived to the Coliseum all smiles.

Does that mean he's active?

And if active, will he play his normal compliment of snaps?

Sketchy.

Would almost be better if he's in active if you have J. Reynolds on the bench anyways.

1 hour ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Zero TDs on the year, hard to expect that to change with the way Goff has been playing. 

That overthrow on a walk in TD would've secured the win and a first round bye for me. Was so pissed watching that

11 hours ago, smetana34 said:

That overthrow on a walk in TD would've secured the win and a first round bye for me. Was so pissed watching that

I missed that, I only saw his missed pass to Tyler Higbee. Goff is awful.

16 hours ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

He's overdue for some touchdowns. Going to have a good end to the season

Everyone needs to just understand that he is saving his TD’s for FF playoffs. Woods has our backs.

20 hours ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Goff-ful?

I'll see my way out.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Heizz said:

Everyone needs to just understand that he is saving his TD’s for FF playoffs. Woods has our backs.

That might make me cry with happiness. I am getting the same vibes too but for no reason at all.

Nobody talks about Woods?

He was  a target machine this week and the go to guy for Goff. Had 20 ppr points already in the first half.