Sign in to follow this  
colepenhagen

Starling Marte 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Thanks for relaying guys.  If there is any update from the locals in Pitt or the broadcast today, if you can please relay. Thanks again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Kevin Barker said:

His full body hits Gonzales so it's hard to be certain but there is speculation it was the Marte family jewels.

After watching the replay, I kinda figured it was a nut shot. Hopefully they're still intact and he wont miss much time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was originally very worried when they mentioned a knee issue, but to know it’s just an abdominal bruise makes me feel better. Although he hasn’t had a good start, many of us need him for SBs with pop. I wonder if the abdominal injury will heavily impact him attempting steals ROS. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bluefrogguy said:

Contusion best possible news. Should be back in the minimum I’d guess. 

Depends where it is. This doesn't sound like a good place for one:

Quote

Pirates place OF Starling Marte on the 10-day injured list with an abdominal wall contusion.

Advice: He crashed into shortstop Erik Gonzalez while chasing a pop-up in Friday's game. The Pirates have not issued a statement regarding how much time he might miss but it doesn't seem like a long-term injury. Marte has really struggled at the plate this year, batting just .203/.247/.377 with two homers and nine RBI in 74 plate appearances but it is only a matter of time before he comes around. He hit 20 homers and stole 33 bases last year.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Depends where it is. This doesn't sound like a good place for one:

 

 

No bone or ligament or internal organ injury is good news. Soft tissue injury will heal quickly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/20/2019 at 5:37 PM, bluefrogguy said:

 

No bone or ligament or internal organ injury is good news. Soft tissue injury will heal quickly. 

 

"Pirates director of sports medicine Todd Tomczyk said Saturday that there isn't a concrete timeline for Marte (abdomen/quadriceps) to return from the 10-day injured list, though it's expected the outfielder will return this season, Adam Berry of MLB.com reports."

 

Not exactly encouraging news.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just activated today. That feels very sudden considering the limited amount of news and the lack of a timetable. But either way I’m sure all owners are happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What’s this guys deal with extra inning homers? Wind could be blowing out at 20+mph. Going against Giolito serving up meatballs and hit nothing.

 

Now, anything past the 9th inning...he’s friggen magical. Weird.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bluntbros said:

What’s this guys deal with extra inning homers? Wind could be blowing out at 20+mph. Going against Giolito serving up meatballs and hit nothing.

 

Now, anything past the 9th inning...he’s friggen magical. Weird.

I’m just going to accept it. Got to watch it happen live and it was amazing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe this should be in the trade rumors thread...

I know there were VERY speculative rumors a few weeks ago about him being a trade target (Philly), anything new on that front? Under control through 2021 I believe. Would yield a massive return for a team that really has no shot at winning in the next two years. Pittsburgh probably won't be able to resign him come 2022.

 

He's en fuego right now, too bad there isn't much of a market for a CF this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone who was watching.   Why was he out of tonight's game early?  The lopsided score, or injury?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolute monster this year, but looks like he is prob done now (sprained wrist)...really stinks but onto the next OF

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Absolute monster this year, but looks like he is prob done now (sprained wrist)...really stinks but onto the next OF

He said nothing serious and probably out for few days only. Yet if you're in PO right now and in a redraft league, then yes probably done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Just_A_PI said:

He said nothing serious and probably out for few days only. Yet if you're in PO right now and in a redraft league, then yes probably done.

Yeah I don't trust anything most teams are saying about injuries this time of year...just can't risk it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Yeah I don't trust anything most teams are saying about injuries this time of year...just can't risk it.

It's what Marte himself said. https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/pirates/2019/09/08/Starling-Marte-sprains-wrist-likely-to-miss-a-couple-days/stories/201909080221

He didn't play the last 2 games against Miami and there were many speculations about his health, but then he came back and looked shape. And then injured. I don't think it's something serious and he doesn't believe it, too. Yet I think he wanna play more because he's having his best season but the team probably doesn't feel it's a risk to take because there is nothing to win.

I guess we're going to have an update before the game today so he's out, I think it's a drop candidate for people in PO right now. Sad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This sucks, not playing again today. I could really use his roster spot for someone else. Holding however as I'm likely to move onto round 2 and hope he'll be playing next week. 

 

Any news about his outlook for next week you guys have heard?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tonywow said:

This sucks, not playing again today. I could really use his roster spot for someone else. Holding however as I'm likely to move onto round 2 and hope he'll be playing next week. 

 

Any news about his outlook for next week you guys have heard?

 

It looks like Marte could be back tomorrow eventually. However, the Pirates don't play on Monday so it's also probable Marte won't come back before next Tuesday t allow him to fully recover. Or there also is the possibility he won't come back next week because it seems he's definitely injured. Still a safe drop for me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Just_A_PI said:

 

It looks like Marte could be back tomorrow eventually. However, the Pirates don't play on Monday so it's also probable Marte won't come back before next Tuesday t allow him to fully recover. Or there also is the possibility he won't come back next week because it seems he's definitely injured. Still a safe drop for me.

This is outrageous. He’s available to pinch run tonight which suggests a return is close.  Drop him and watch someone else’s team ride him to the finals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.