Sign in to follow this  
colepenhagen

Starling Marte 2019 Outlook

16 minutes ago, Kevin Barker said:

This is outrageous. He’s available to pinch run tonight which suggests a return is close.  Drop him and watch someone else’s team ride him to the finals.

He's available to pinch run from days now 🤣 He already made a pinch run against the Giants for the 1st game. It was 6 days ago.

The Pirates don't need to rush him back. They wait the next season and Marte has nothing to win, too. Right now he's just a guy who has wasted a spot on your bench from 6 days while you must compete in PO. And if it doesn't start tomorrow, you won't know if he'll come back or not next week before Tuesday. So yes, a safe drop from days in my opinion.

Out of lineup today too according to Yahoo. Was holding onto him hoping he'd play today and be a go next week. 

2 hours ago, David Aames said:

still experiencing inflammation hmmmm...is he a drop?

He's already from days. There will be no news if he'll come back or not before next Tuesday because the Pirates don't play before Tuesday. If there is a new before, it will be to announce the end of his season.

Marte doesn't compete to be the MVP and the Pirates wait for the next season. There is absolutely no reason for the Pirates tu rush back Marte, their best player this season, for absolutely nothing. Even though he would come back next Tuesday, nobody knows how he'll feel. Not even sure he'll attempt to steal a single base.

He's a drop unless you can wait for him and a potential boost with no guaranty.

Real tough spot for me in roto league in a tight race for 1st place and a big chunk of change on the line..only 2 weeks left in season and want to drop him in my very deep 13 team league..a couple guys on the wire worth a pickup, wish they would make a decision on him..lol

Sure enough I drop him and then he is miraculously back in the lineup on Wednesday and puts up his normal numbers over the last 10 days of the season from that point on..lol

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Sure enough I drop him and then he is miraculously back in the lineup on Wednesday and puts up his normal numbers over the last 10 days of the season from that point on..lol

Same boat here my friend. I'm leaning towards dropping. Entering the 2nd round, if he does play this week I doubt they'll start him each game, he probably gets days off here on out with nothing to play for. Seems like we'd get more value from a hot FA here on out.

12 minutes ago, tonywow said:

Same boat here my friend. I'm leaning towards dropping. Entering the 2nd round, if he does play this week I doubt they'll start him each game, he probably gets days off here on out with nothing to play for. Seems like we'd get more value from a hot FA here on out.

REALLY leaning that was as well, LOVED having him this year, he has been a big part of why i am in line for a nice chunk of change, but with all the uncertainty around him right now and only 2 weeks left, i need the counting stats potentially on a daily basis.

Out again.  No details again.  For all we know they don't intend to start him at all ROS and they just don't care to say so.  Couldn't have happened at worse time

19 minutes ago, hezagenius said:

This may be a dumb question but is there a likelihood he ends up on DL this late in the season?

Zero chance for IL...with expanded rosters in Sept they do not need to in order to have replacement help.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Zero chance for IL...with expanded rosters in Sept they do not need to in order to have replacement help.

Thanks.  1st year playing this game so I have a LOT to learn compared to most people here.

From days, I've repeated that Marte was a drop candidate for sure in re-draft league especially assuming you were owning this guy while in PO. The Pirates wait for the next season and they don't give a **** to rush their best player back, nor they need to carefully update his health situation. And with expanded rosters and nothing to play, there is no need for the Pirates to push Marte on IL.

Marte is gone for this season. https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/baseball/news/pirates-starling-marte-held-out-again/

Marte (wrist) isn't in the starting lineup for Tuesday's game against Seattle.

Marte hasn't taken the field since Sept. 10, and he remains without a timetable for a return. He suffered a sprained left wrist Sept. 8 against the Cardinals and is now experiencing inflammation. According to Rob Biertempfel of The Athletic, skipper Clint Hurdle stated prior to Tuesday's game that he "doesn't see an immediate return to play" for Marte.

Edited by Just_A_PI
  • Like 1