Sign in to follow this  
CrypTviLL

Elvis Andrus 2019 Outlook

Is this a big time bounceback candidate??

Injured in 2018.

Was hitting the ball well in that small sample before his elbow exploded. Had a couple bombs and his xWOBA was over .400. It looked like he was on his way to a 3rd straight productive season. He said he came back to early from the injury so I don't really know what to think. 

Probably 15/15 and .280 is a reasonable projection. 

• Like 1

On 2/6/2019 at 8:31 AM, CrypTviLL said:

Is this a big time bounceback candidate??

Injured in 2018.

At the very least there should be value with where he is being drafted.

Great spring training... low risk where he is going in drafts... i like.

• Like 2

Alright buddy, no pressure, but I need you to be Trea Turner now. We’ve had great stretches before we can do it again. 

24 minutes ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

Awfully quiet in here for a SS who looks well on his way to repeating his 2017 campaign.

Agreed

Actually, he looks to be well on his way to surpassing that season as he's running more than he did then so far.  Regardless, he's quickly turning into a draft day steal (obviously no pun intended).

• Like 1

He was a steal at his price this year. He has been around for so long I think people just thought he was over the hill after his injury last year but he is still only 30. 

His 2017 numbers were top 50 pick worthy and that's what I see him getting back on track and reaching. 

• Like 1

Yep. Seeing people getting hyped up over power guys who likely wont keep a high BA or Steal any bags. Everyone loves stat cast data. Problem is stat cast only really good for figuring out hitters potential power output per AB. Stat Cast is not good at figuring out Batting Average or Steals. (I don't care much for xBA stats, its flawed math IMO)

Yet this "old toy" performing like a 5 cat stud. Hitting right in the middle of the order for healthy R/RBI totals to boot. He won't keep the current 30 HR pace, but he is well on his way to another 20/20 season with high BA and lots of R/RBI.

Edited by Slatykamora
  • Like 2

would try and SELL HIGH. ranked 7th overall. elvis and another piece/sp for 1st rder. who knows might get lucky

17 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

would try and SELL HIGH. ranked 7th overall. elvis and another piece/sp for 1st rder. who knows might get lucky

Considering he put up a 5 cat monster season in 2017, not sure I agree with this. 

• Like 1

Another steal after going 1/4 and plating as well. This guy is gold right now when tons of owners wait on guys to get healthy.

Edited by mhuhn23

One of these guys where you probably won't get fair value in a trade. My play might be to trade one of the injured big boppers who I got him as a replacement for, to patch holes elsewhere. We'll see if he can keep it up. The big if. 

This guy burnt me so bad last year I wrote him off completely. Really regretting that decision lol.

I don’t really see Elvis as a sell high. Not many people are going to buy into him. These seems like a horse you ride for as long as possible bc if you do have him, he cost you nothing. 

• Like 2

This guy has been worth his weight in gold this year. 21 steals mixed in with a .300 average and nearly 100 combined runs/rbi are stud numbers at this point in the season.

Still confident in Andrus for the second half? Production has dropped off a bit since mid-June and I'm a bit worried the loss of Joey Gallo and possibly Hunter Pence might keep him from the numbers he had in the first half.