RCRanger03

Delon Wright 2018-2019 Season Outlook

He could have a lot of value if he's the starting SG. But will he start over Bradley is the question?

He’s a must add, his game alone should make him an add with the increase in mins to the 25-30 range and if Conley is shut down we’re looking at 36+. 

2 minutes ago, boshtrich17 said:

He’s a must add, his game alone should make him an add with the increase in mins to the 25-30 range and if Conley is shut down we’re looking at 36+. 

Hes not a must add.  He hasn’t played a single game for Memphis yet.  No one knows what his minutes will look.  

As stated before, he’s worth a flier if you have an end of the bench guy or streamer spot.  To drop anyone of value though is crazy.

Edited by DownSouthWolverine

Just now, boshtrich17 said:

Yeah, I think he will be a sneaky add in most leagues. Many will wonder what his role will be behind Conley, but Wright can get in 25-30 as backup PG and playing alongside Conley. And as you said, there is a very good chance of a shut down towards the end of the season. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DownSouthWolverine said:

Hes not a must add.  He hasn’t played a single game for Memphis yet.  No one knows what his minutes will look.  

As stated before, he’s worth a flier if you have an end of the bench guy or streamer spot.  To drop anyone of value though is crazy.

My league is very competitive where if the player has the upside to produce at a good level across the board numbers then he’s a must add. I guess you’re in a league where guys allow waiting and seeing. 

Very high chance Conley gets shutdown. I'd take the chance on him

3 minutes ago, boshtrich17 said:

My league is very competitive where if the player has the upside to produce at a good level across the board numbers then he’s a must add. I guess you’re in a league where guys allow waiting and seeing. 

In leagues like that, it's sometimes smarter to just watch who gets dropped for speculative adds.  Delon Wright is a nice add if you're streaming someone anyway (like Rozier or Mills or something), but I wouldn't rush to grab him.  If you're not streaming, you're dropping someone decent for him (like Prince or WCS), and I'd rather gamble on that.  

3 minutes ago, boshtrich17 said:

There is no need to take shots at anyone else’s league.  Especially when you don’t have any facts to back it up.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, boshtrich17 said:

Damn, I wished I was cool enough to join your superior league 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, DownSouthWolverine said:

There is no need to take shots at anyone else’s league.  Especially when you don’t have any facts to back it up.

I wasn’t taking a shot, didn’t mean for it to come off like that. I just meant my league is aggressive that’s why i consider him must add. He wouldn’t last on the wire cuz his per 36 numbers are great and like i said with grizz going into full rebuild, it wouldn’t be surprising Conley is shut down and Wright goes off. 

I dropped Monk for him in my league so it feels low-risk with a potential reward. The Grizz keeping Conley and trading for Bradley don't make me optimistic though

• Like 1

The best we can hope for is that the Griz realize how bad Bradley has become. 

If so, they might start Delon at SG. Fingers crossed.

2 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

The best we can hope for is that the Griz realize how bad Bradley has become. 

If so, they might start Delon at SG. Fingers crossed.

Hes going to get at least 20 mins per game and thats literally worst case where he is simply the backup PG

SG mins

Conley shutdown/Injury

No reason for the team to want to win

a lot to like about this situation

• Like 1

I'm not too upset about Conley not leaving.  Delon gets minutes at backup 1-2 guard spots for about 20ish minutes.

Probably not the best 12 team add, but I could see him being a good 14-team add.

Also, unless you've got a dominant PO schedule, the Griz go 2-3-4 in weeks 22-24, so he may not help you if you need to survive your first week of playoffs.

9 minutes ago, MWon said:

Also, unless you've got a dominant PO schedule, the Griz go 2-3-4 in weeks 22-24, so he may not help you if you need to survive your first week of playoffs.

if you need 4 games from wright to win you a playoff matchup your team can not be that great.