Wil Myers

Brett Honeywell

Starlin Castro

Franklin Barreto

Ryan O’Hearn

For:

Albies

Matt Manning

I’m weak at 2B (Castro is my current starter). It’s a 3OF+1U league and I’ve got Conforto, Springer, Castellanos, Mazara, and Mullins so Myers, in my eyes, is expendable.

I appreciate your thoughts and feedback.

Edited by lupiene

Yea I would do the trade.  Its a need trade, and I think you are getting a nice young cornerstone 2B to help now and long term.  Honeywell and Manning are essentially a wash, so the trade is Myers/Castro/Barreto/OHearn for Albies.  Castro is WW material, Barreto is a nice gamble, but who really knows.  I like Ohearn, too bad you couldn't keep him out, but I understand you have to give something to get something.  You are getting the best player IMO, especially from a dynasty standpoint.  I would make the slight overpay and get the 2B you need badly

Edited by TheTruth024

For a points league, Albies offers significant value (power/speed blend), however the volume of secondary assets your giving up here maybe a bit excessive.  Don't wanna sell those complimentary pieces short.  

Decision is dependent on roster construction, but if you could complete the deal while holding O'Hearn and/or Barreto then I would proceed forward.  Myers, Honeywell and Castro for Albies & Manning seems closer to fair market given Albies second half struggles.   

While you don't want to let small parts hold a deal up (which I consider O'Hearn & Barreto to be), I'd probably inquire about subtracting a piece from your side or adding a piece on the other side prior prior to green lighting this. 

Move Honeywell & some other lesser piece for his Albies & another player what does both of you're rosters look like? 

Do the trade. You get the best player in the trade (albies) and get rid of the most overrated player in the trade (myers)

I think it's solid. You aren't giving up anything you need and you are getting a piece that could be extremely valuable to you for the long-term. I'm fine with it!