Carlos Correa

Matt Carpenter 2019 Outlook

Back to the 10-day IL with a foot injury. If you were still stashing him hoping for a 2018 repeat, might be time to sever ties

54 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

I don’t have him, but it’s drop time for those of you that do. 

Just did that myself yesterday, and I’m a Cards fan. Dropping him in May would have been hasty, but it’s the middle of July. If a guy hasn’t shown a pulse by then...

Carp is dumpster juice.  The Cardinals organization is an absolute mess right now.

15 hours ago, LoGo said:

Back to the 10-day IL with a foot injury. If you were still stashing him hoping for a 2018 repeat, might be time to sever ties

12 hours ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

I'm glad. Now I can just bury him on my DL and I don't have to worry about him getting hot on someone else's squad.

Might be time? The time has long passed already. If you're still holding this guy in something other than like NL Central only format, you should have cut him long ago. By now you've eaten so much poop that there's no chance an opponent will pick him up to eat any after you drop him.

20 minutes ago, Fiveohnine said:

Might be time? The time has long passed already. If you're still holding this guy in something other than like NL Central only format, you should have cut him long ago. By now you've eaten so much poop that there's no chance an opponent will pick him up to eat any after you drop him.

Also depends on the league's format. In a 16+ league with deep rosters, might have been worth storing on the bench/DL hoping for lightning in a bottle. In general, I agree with you.

He’s going to accept a stint in the minors to “get right”.  Teams are pitching him in all the time so he hits into the shift.  

17 minutes ago, kidtwentytwo said:

He’s going to accept a stint in the minors to “get right”.  Teams are pitching him in all the time so he hits into the shift.  

Kyle Seager Itis.  

On 5/23/2019 at 3:32 PM, Resident A-hole said:

I can't believe it's come to this, but Carpenter is useless. As of now, he's my next drop when guys come off the IL.

What kind of league, redraft,keeper,dynasty?

2 more games in LA then back home VS Pitt. StL was in the bottom 1/3rd in MLB for runs scored in July and they're 3rd to last in August so far. Besides Molina, they've got a pretty healthy line up now right? The NL Central is tight I have to think he helps make an impact if the Cards push for a playoff spot. 

Edited by Zeezee