B&F

Luke Voit 2019 Outlook

6 hours ago, collucho said:

Yeah I don’t really get this argument considering EE and Gary Sanchez were batting ahead of him.

And? It's just a manager trying to get something from someone by moving players. Pretty common. 

• Thanks 1

Voit exited in the top of the fifth of Saturday's game against the Rockies due to a facial injury, Coley Harvey of ESPN.com reports.

Voit scored a run and reached base twice in three plate appearances before departing with the injury, which he sustained when he was hit by a pitch a half inning earlier. Considering Voit was still able to take his base after being struck by the pitch along with the fact that the Yankees held a 9-0 lead heading into the fifth inning, it's possible his removal was precautionary

11 minutes ago, herschel said:

Voit exited in the top of the fifth of Saturday's game against the Rockies due to a facial injury, Coley Harvey of ESPN.com reports.

Voit scored a run and reached base twice in three plate appearances before departing with the injury, which he sustained when he was hit by a pitch a half inning earlier. Considering Voit was still able to take his base after being struck by the pitch along with the fact that the Yankees held a 9-0 lead heading into the fifth inning, it's possible his removal was precautionary

i watched it live.  he walked off a all to the face (cheek)

dude is tough.  Nails Voit

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

i watched it live.  he walked off a all to the face (cheek)

dude is tough.  Nails Voit

This

99/100 MLB players would have been flailing around on the ground after that. Then there’s Luke Voit

1 minute ago, Junkie Cosmonaut said:

This

99/100 MLB players would have been flailing around on the ground after that. Then there’s Luke Voit

Yeah.  Wow I couldn’t believe how he just walked that off.

So let me see, Yankees fans, do I have this right?

-Greg Bird, injured all the time, probably would get hurt walking up a flight of stairs

-Voit gets hit in the face and plays on

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cmilne23 said:

He’s a f***** savage in that box.  

Having changed your avatar to a New York Yankee, I could see why you would say this.

Edited by BMcP
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BMcP said:

Having changed your avatar to a New York Yankee, I could see why you would say this.

I changed it back.  Didn’t feel right.  Still searching for a new identity.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

standing O if he takes Marquez deep today? 

he's going to headbutt a fastball over the left-field wall.

Voit seems to be slightly regressing over these last few weeks. Here's hoping he picks it up!

2 hours ago, lavaman said:

Voit seems to be slightly regressing over these last few weeks. Here's hoping he picks it up!

Also can't be liking his drop to 7th in the batting order today either.

His removal from the game did not have to do with the HBP.  He has a core muscle injury (hernia).

DL stint coming.

We considering him a drop in redraft if he hits the DL at this point ?

He hasn't been overly productive last month or two to begin with. Dealing with any health issues ROS, not sure we see another end of season bender like last year. 

2 minutes ago, tonywow said:

He hasn't been overly productive last month or two to begin with. Dealing with any health issues ROS, not sure we see another end of season bender like last year. 

Depends on the severity and how packed your DL is right now obviously. Personally going to wait till news comes out on his timeline before making a call but most likely I'm going to keep him around. His previous abdominal strain related IL stints haven't lasted long FWIW.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tonywow said:

Yea he’s droppable. 5 hr 16 rbi in June/July in a stacked lineup isn’t good when you bat 3/4 all the time. 

• Like 1

Placed on IL with sports hernia. Rotoworld speculating it’s a multiple week injury. NYY beat writer Randy Miller speculating surgery is still very possible so a better timeline will probably come from the team n the future.

Boone says it stems from his abdominal injury in London. Also said it could be a day to day thing or surgery and they’ll have a more accurate idea what they’re dealing with in the next 24-48 hours.

Edited by Wytchclt55