Sign in to follow this  
CrypTviLL

Andrew Benintendi 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

Message added by tonycpsu

Can anyone explain to me how a top 30 pre draft ranked player doesn't even play full time anymore? Lol

6 minutes ago, erik vulaj said:

Can anyone explain to me how a top 30 pre draft ranked player doesn't even play full time anymore? Lol

In my opinion, the Red Sox have given him every opportunity to play. He led off for longer than he should have, hit 2nd, hit 5th, even hit 7th recently. I don't know what happened, but he hasn't produced anywhere in the order and he's staring at frequent benchings against lefties and a lost year overall.

3 minutes ago, erik vulaj said:

The numbers say he is swinging at a lot more pitchers outside the zone.  He also is hitting a lot fewer line drives.  Bad signs.  Hard contact is actually up but still not very good.  

He probably has been overrated due to batting at the top of that order.  

Next season his draft cost will obviously be significantly lower.  I am not sure I am a buyer at the lower cost.  His stolen bases might increase batting at the bottom of the order though. 

Welp... this guy has been pretty wack. Are people in keeper leagues keeping? I will not be. Thought I had a good keeper going into this year but he’s just been underwhelming. Good real life player but just nothing exciting this year. 7 homers? Gtfo.

2 hours ago, hangin n wangin said:

Welp... this guy has been pretty wack. Are people in keeper leagues keeping? I will not be. Thought I had a good keeper going into this year but he’s just been underwhelming. Good real life player but just nothing exciting this year. 7 homers? Gtfo.

I see him as an absolutely tremendous buy-low opportunity and a target draft day bargain next season. 

Edited by Overlord

6 minutes ago, Overlord said:

I see him as an absolutely tremendous buy-low opportunity and a target draft day bargain next season. 

I don’t disagree with you here.

46 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

I don’t disagree with you here.

In a keeper you have to hold. I think he'll make the proper adjustments next year. If he has a hot spring i'll be excited about his prospects again. He just looks toast mentally this year. 

20 minutes ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

In a keeper you have to hold. I think he'll make the proper adjustments next year. If he has a hot spring i'll be excited about his prospects again. He just looks toast mentally this year. 

Not me. But it depends on the league and other possible keepers you have. We’re allowed three keepers and I’m keeping Devers, Buehler, and Story. I also have Moncada who I would take over him. 

But getting back on topic, I do agree his break out is yet to come obviously and was just curious what others were going to do in keeper leagues.

Also this year in redraft, meh... he’s solid but I don’t see him hitting all that many home runs, so that limits his value for me. I would try to buy low, but that doesn’t mean I’m crazy for his ROS production.

Edited by hangin n wangin

35 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

Not me. But it depends on the league and other possible keepers you have. We’re allowed three keepers and I’m keeping Devers, Buehler, and Story. I also have Moncada who I would take over him. 

But getting back on topic, I do agree his break out is yet to come obviously and was just curious what others were going to do in keeper leagues.

Also this year in redraft, meh... he’s solid but I don’t see him hitting all that many home runs, so that limits his value for me. I would try to buy low, but that doesn’t mean I’m crazy for his ROS production.

I honestly gave up on him after the all star break in redraft. He was picked up right away cause of the name but not sweating it one bit. Like i said he just seems off mentally this year and he's certainly not getting that 2nd spot in the batting order back. Your 3 keepers are no brainers.

Buy low window is rapidly closing, think this is the start of a huge hot streak

On 7/19/2019 at 4:42 PM, Overlord said:

And right on cue ...

• Like 1

How nice it would be for those of us who've suffered to watch him go on a two month bender to finish the season! He can make up huge ground in that lineup in short order. He went down and got that curveball, very nice swing and he looks different at the plate in the last week or so...  plz Benni, carry us to the promised land. 🤞🤞

Benni has said he wasn’t focused at the plate for most of the season. It seems like he’s really getting his act together because he has been on fire lately. 

Keep it up Benni!

hope he can keep it up and cora keeps him in the lineup against lefties.  looks like hell be facing 2-3 of em next week.

Back in my lineup for this week. Hope he keeps this going!

3 hours ago, TribeFoo said:

Back in my lineup for this week. Hope he keeps this going!

I've had him in my lineup since I've acquired him about a month ago....but I've been thinking of benching this week due to the massive amount of lefties this week. I think 4? Hard to bench after last week though.

2 hours ago, JoesPros said:

And he's back to being mediocre

even though he isn't smashing the ball, he is still batting .300 over the past week. He will never be a 35/25 guy, but I would say he is right on pace for his projections. Don't bet on much past 20/80/15 .280

This guy is no iron man.

He will come at a discount next season.  Still won't be enough value for me.

• Like 1

I still like this player, but when the White Sox sent Sale to Boston the deal was Benny OR Moncada. I think the White Sox may have chosen right, Moncada probably has more upside, and plays a more premium position as well.